PDA

View Full Version : Do you brush your dog's teeth?

apcrs5122
07-17-2003, 06:11 PM
Do you? I was just wondering, since I just got done brushing Alex's. I try to shoot for about 3 times a week. Does your pup like it? Or do they hate it? Alex despises it. When he sees me get the brush and paste, he runs:rolleyes: Then when I try to brush, he makes it so his body doesn't work anymore, as in flopping to the ground and not moving:rolleyes: :p

iceyshiver21
07-17-2003, 06:17 PM
Yes, once a week! Fresh breath and 5 points in the show ring.

clara4457
07-17-2003, 06:18 PM
I brush both dog's teeth twice a week. Neither one really minds it, but they don't exactly make it real easy either :D

primabella
07-17-2003, 06:40 PM
I try to get them done once a week at least. Mickey doesn't really hate it, because the toothpaste is vanilla flavored (and smells delivious, I might add! ;)) but he does give me a hard time with it because he slurps it away and his tongue is in the way. lol

I just finished brushing Mick's too :p

binka_nugget
07-17-2003, 07:01 PM
I try to do Kai's daily. I don't use toothpaste all the time though cuz I think it's just extra calories for him and he slurps it up anyways. I haven't done it since last week:eek:...guess I'm getting kind of lazy lol. Thanks for reminding me, I guess I'll brush them today.

Kai's actually very good for me when I brush them. I get him to lie down on my bed while I'm on the floor so it's easier for me to look straight rather than down.

Cisco's Mom
07-17-2003, 07:15 PM
I brush Cisco's teeth everyday. Although I do miss a day every great once in a while. He doesn't really like it. but puts up with it. I will tell him come and lets brush your teeth and he will jump in my lap, turn to face the right direction and let me brush. He will let me know if I take too long!!:)

PerfectPets
07-17-2003, 07:53 PM
All of my dogs get raw beef marrow bones once a week and they have sparkling white teeth with no tartar.

doglovrforevr
07-17-2003, 08:12 PM
I brush Rusty's teeth once a week. He LOVES to get his teeth brushed! The second the toothbrush and toothpaste comes out, the second he's by your side begging to get clean teeth. The only problem is, he always seems to eat the toothpaste before I can brush his teeth with it.:rolleyes: Apparently, the toothpaste is chicken flavored. He thinks it's a treat.:rolleyes:

Tonya
07-19-2003, 12:22 AM
All of my dogs get raw beef marrow bones once a week and they have sparkling white teeth with no tartar.

Ditto. My doggies have decent breath and teeth, from their bones. ...Now my cats is another story. I need to change their food or something. lol. They kill me with their breath.

cloverfdx
07-20-2003, 10:07 AM
nope dont brush the dogs teeth at all, they get raw marrow bones a couple of time a week and that keeps them nice and clean.

oh yes and the cat is another story here also lol (wont chew on her raw chicken wings)