PDA

View Full Version : Another PT induced addition to the household

PayItForward
07-17-2003, 04:29 PM
Did you think it was another cat ???

http://www.jennykenwright.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/WaterFountain.jpg

Sadly it is just a water fountain. :(

So far only the kittens are drinking from it but the adult cats need to get use to new things before they try them.

Hopefully the four pints of water it will hold, means they will not run out of water while we are at work.

At the moment we have three bowls we fill up twice daily, plus new water fountain but it is just so hot around here at the moment.

NoahsMommy
07-17-2003, 04:31 PM
We have that one too! Don't worry, they'll all drink from it soon. :)

We fill ours up once a day for all six cats and the water level is pretty good in the evening.

Barbara
07-17-2003, 04:31 PM
I was prepared to believe it was a cat -but something sounded fishy -so I was not sure.
Ok I hope everyone enjoys the water fountain and please give Tigs and Bramble a nosekissie from me:)

Prairie Purrs
07-17-2003, 04:33 PM
I should get one of those. Kacey loves to drink from the faucet--he likes his water moving. :D

ScantyNebula
07-17-2003, 05:17 PM
I want one!!! I haven't seen any around here yet .. I will look :D Thanks for the reminder ;)

krazyaboutkatz
07-17-2003, 07:48 PM
I'm sure that they'll all drink from it eventually. I have a drinkwell fountain but I've had to shut it down because my cat Sunny was playing in it and flooding the place. :eek: I had the attachment that holds 6 cups of water and he was batting all of the water out of it. He seems to miss it so I'll set it back up in the future. Hopefully your kittens won't play in the water. :)

Lorraine
07-17-2003, 08:15 PM
I would love to get one of those! What a nice present for your kitties!:D
Sammy still loves to drink from the toilet-(when someone forgets to close the lid!:eek: ) And Romeo is fascinated with the faucet when it drips. He will bat at the drips with his paw, and lick it!
I think that fountain is great! I need one!:)

Denyce
07-17-2003, 08:40 PM
We have 2 of them for the four cats. One in the kitchen and one in the bedroom. We refill them every couple of days and completely clean out once a week. We gave up on the filter however. Just kept getting clogged with cat hair and making lots of noise. But they LOVE the oxygenated water and drink much more because of it.

Denyce

HayleyRosie
07-18-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by ScantyNebula
I want one!!! I haven't seen any around here yet .. I will look :D Thanks for the reminder ;)

Johanna, You can get them at Critters N' Things on Commonwealth Ave. in Mount Pearl.

ScantyNebula
07-18-2003, 07:02 AM
Mount Pearl?? Ughhh .. thats a pain in the ass .. but thanks! strange they don't have them in the pet store in the mall :confused:

HayleyRosie
07-18-2003, 07:23 AM
Mount Pearl is not that far away. It's practically the same city. I work very close to the pet store. I can check out the price for you if you like. I have to go to the Critters during lunch today.

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-18-2003, 07:37 AM
T & J have that same fountain... only Tinky takes the lid off and pulls the filter out all the time... :confused: :confused:

the kitties will love it in no time.. it keeps the water cold and fresh. Tinky and Jupiter drink a lot more than they used too since I bought the fountain.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-18-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
T & J have that same fountain... only Tinky takes the lid off and pulls the filter out all the time... :confused: :confused:

Well...you know that Tinky is a silly kitty, right? ;) :D Does seem like odd behavior, but that's a Tinky for you. :D

kimlovescats
07-18-2003, 05:21 PM
That's same exact one I have... it's great and the cats LOVE it!:)

I Love Brian, Forever <3
07-18-2003, 07:03 PM
Is that water fountain expensive at all?

Thanks in advance.

PayItForward
07-18-2003, 07:06 PM
It is £40 ($63)...So they better drink out of it ;)

It is not cheap but if it gives our cats clean, cold filered water all day, then it is worth it.

:D

PayItForward
07-20-2003, 06:59 AM
The water level is going sharply so I *think* that everyone is drinking out of it (But there are other normal bowls around in the house)

I have seen George, Milly, Bramble & Tigs drinking out of it so far.

Tigs likes to drink right from the top of the stream of water, rather than the bowl... Silly Kitty. :D

PS. When I know if Milo & Treacle will drink out of it. We'll probually get another water fountain and get rid of the normal bowls.