PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays-11

catland
07-17-2003, 10:20 AM
Darn, we didn't get the bar open in time for our Aussie and Kiwi members. Sorry about that.

I think I'd like something with gin in it. I haven't had gin in a long time - its another beautiful day here. My brother who is visiting from the Fort Worth area is very happy to be up here this week instead of back home in hot as h**l Texas.:p

slick
07-17-2003, 10:50 AM
So here I am standing in line for the bar to open.....

Didn't sleep much last night so I need an icy cold Frap to wake me up. Another sunny day here and it's supposed to hit 30 by Saturday. Good weather for the dog wash.

gini
07-17-2003, 10:54 AM
Richard, sorry that I cannot make it today. I am looking forward to Saturday though!

iceyshiver21
07-17-2003, 11:13 AM
Is it thursday to day or wednesday?? Wow who's having a memory lose.

Congrats on the 900 Catland!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-17-2003, 11:20 AM
The heat fried my brain. I completely forgot it was Thursday!!! I'd like something tall, icy, and sweet, and non-alcholic please. Oh, and iced catnip tea for the cat boys, please. They need a break from the heat too.:D

iceyshiver21
07-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Muhwhaha Indeed it is thursday!! Do we carry Pineapple juice here?? Because that sounds really good.

RICHARD
07-17-2003, 12:14 PM
lol,
it was so fricking hot last night i slept about 4 hours and came to work one hour late when i overslept...

ladies, thank you for waiting.....

Gin Buck

1 1/4 oz. Gin, Ginger Ale

Serve over ice in Highball glass, Garnish with Lemon wedge

pineapples, fraps and catnip tea.....

a pineapple w/ginger ale over ice??

DONE!

slick
07-17-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
lol,
it was so fricking hot last night i slept about 4 hours and came to work one hour late when i overslept...
I know the feeling. It's happened to me as well. You finally get to sleep around 5am and the next thing you know it's 8am. That Frap is going down smooth. Thanks. Here's a toast to all of you going to the BBQ. Have a cold one for me.

babolaypo65
07-17-2003, 01:10 PM
I leave on holiday tomorrow. How about something... festive? Richard, you choose.

mugsy
07-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Since it's so hot, I think I'll stay away from alcohol this week and I'll have a Boston Cooler.....it's a ginger ale shake! YUM!

catland
07-17-2003, 01:28 PM
thanks Ice - now I'm at 901 - just 99 to go to Pillarhood.:D :D

Richard I hope you are a little cooler today - I was about to open the bar on my own but I couldn't find the keys to the front door.

The Gin Buck is everything you promised.:D

iceyshiver21
07-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Its good to know I'm not the only one suffing from heat and humidity....I thought minnesota was soppose to be cold..would this be the time that I say I have a air conditioner....

Its in its box, in the gaurge, were it sat for 3 years

momoffuzzyfaces
07-17-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
Its good to know I'm not the only one suffing from heat and humidity....I thought minnesota was soppose to be cold..would this be the time that I say I have a air conditioner....

Its in its box, in the gaurge, were it sat for 3 years
I thought we had the market cornered on heat and humitity in Kansas. Heat index to 115 today. Tomorrow is to be cooler - only a heat index of 110!
No ac for me either. I wouldn't use it anyway, it makes my arthritis worse. I have plenty of water and fans though!

Richard I need another round of pineapple juice and ginger ale over crushed ice, please. The boys are sleeping off their iced catnip tea so they don't need another round right now.:D

slick
07-17-2003, 01:52 PM
Almost lunch time here now. As my Dad would say "the sun's over the yard arm". Time to get into the spirit of the day.
I'm in the mood for something different. Make it one of them there drinks you have in the tropics with the pineapple, coconut and rum with the little umbrella on top......

Anyone here play the steel drums??? Feels like a Marley moment.

emily_the_spoiled
07-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Hi everyone,

Well for once Maryland isn't totally miserable with heat and humidity!! I can understand the pain of it, but I have also learned the "joys" of central A/C. (I never needed it before I moved here.)

I think that the guys (and one gal) in my little pride could use some iced catnip tea this week. Bigodeano, Gay, Tanner, and Emily all need to chill out a little bit ;)

For myself I think that a Long Island Iced tea would go down really nicely right about now. Since Monday I have had 5 job interviews (4 with the same company). That begins to wear a person out after awhile, even if it does look like there is potential there.:rolleyes:

lbaker
07-17-2003, 02:27 PM
something i can drink with a sip cup please and Richard, NO DRIBBLE GLASSES LIKE THE LAST TIME. I spilled my AppleJack all over my T-shirt :rolleyes:
Laurie
see you guys in a few days :cool: :D

RICHARD
07-17-2003, 02:33 PM
mugs,

boston cooler.....how's mom?

moff,
you got it!

slick,
pina colada- two umbrellas....

no steel drums but will do BM's greatest hits!

ets,

long island ice tea....
and how's about a '9 to 5 monday thru friday job' on the side.......

laurie,
sorry no dribble glass.....forgot about your arm....:confused:

hey ice...
order a refreshment!! you are behind....

DONE!!

iceyshiver21
07-17-2003, 02:53 PM
hm...Im thinking Apple Cider....if yah could heat it up and put ice cubes in...

babolaypo65
07-17-2003, 03:00 PM
bartender? I haven't gotten my drink yet.
:(

RICHARD
07-17-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
bartender? I haven't gotten my drink yet.
:(

omg.....you wanted something festive and i got hung up with the pina colada.......on the house...
two-one for each hand!!!!!!!!

DONE!

sorry....

Airedalekisses
07-17-2003, 03:57 PM
oh good a chance to use my lines,

Hey were your parents in the bakery business cause you have got some nice buns.;)

oh sorry it's not that kind of bar-ok I'll have a Perrier stirred not shaken, thank you-if it's shaken it gives me wind!!

Cincy'sMom
07-17-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Since it's so hot, I think I'll stay away from alcohol this week and I'll have a Boston Cooler.....it's a ginger ale shake! YUM!

Sounds good to me...make it two!

slick
07-17-2003, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Airedalekisses
Hey were your parents in the bakery business cause you have got some nice buns.;) [/QUOTE
LOL LOL LOL :D :D :D
I'll have to remember that one. Any chance of getting some appies?? Perhaps some hot wings??

KYS
07-17-2003, 04:24 PM
I'l be easy today. How about a glass of pink lemonade. :)

This week I went into work early, so I could get
home to beat some of this muggy heat.

shais_mom
07-17-2003, 04:42 PM
Well it is only in the 80's here so it isn't to unbearable, But I do have the AC cranked.
How about anything with vanilla rum?

RICHARD
07-17-2003, 04:52 PM
adk-
this is NOT that kind of bar.....it's worse!!

perrier it is!

cm,
two for you!

slick,

wings it is.....

kys,
pink lemonade....

s'sm...

vanilla rum??
how does this sound...

vanilla rum, kaluha, milk over ice.....

i made it, you name it!!!

:eek:

DONE!

Miss Meow
07-17-2003, 06:05 PM
Oh whoops, I'm a day late! I've been in bed with a cold (and four furbags stealing the last of my bodyheat). I had a cognac last night to help my throat as we didn't have any brandy, OY CARUMBA! Won't be doing that again! :)

I'd like to try one of Mugsy's Boston Coolers - sound fantastic!

MOFF, is that 115 F??? Wow, I'll grab some extra ice for your drink, you need it!

RICHARD
07-17-2003, 06:57 PM
MM,
had the flu two weeks ago and just BARELY getting over the hacking and sinus stuff......
hope you feel better.

i usually do the toddy thing until i feel tipsy-
if i'm gonna feel crappy might as well feel hung over too!...lol

DONE!

mugsy
07-17-2003, 07:59 PM
Richard, Mom has surgery on the 29th. Arthroscopic, but they are keeping her overnight, after originally telling her that it was outpatient. They are going to make two small incisions and inject the cement/glue between the vertebrae in the lower back. Doc says that will help make her back less likely to fracture again. She was TRULY lucky since she has osteoporisis.

Btw....Dad's 85th birthday was yesterday!!

Thanks for the cooler. You guys really need to try one of them...they are AWESOME. Amy, you have the best chance of trying one since the only place I've ever seen one is at Zesto's and it's a locally owned ice cream store here in Fort Wayne!! C'mon down....my treat!

babolaypo65
07-17-2003, 09:09 PM
That MORE than makes up for it!
I'll see you all in a week!

Originally posted by RICHARD
omg.....you wanted something festive and i got hung up with the pina colada.......on the house...
two-one for each hand!!!!!!!!

DONE!

sorry....