PDA

View Full Version : crap day at the animal shelter

cloverfdx
07-17-2003, 09:26 AM
just have to vent a little anger at the moment.

i am a volunteer at our local RSPCA (who should realy get their priorities strait) i could not belive some of the pathetic excuses people were giving today when dumping their dogs with us. one that realy got to me was , oh "Biggles" (dachsund) is going to kill himself he has been chewing through electrical wires, and yesterday he ate the new sofa:rolleyes: when i asked the man if biggles gets taken to the park for runs and walkies he replied "no he has another dog to play with in the backyard" also the dog has no training what so ever and consequently biggles is going to die next tuesday:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( (he cant be rehomed because he is destructive, and the man signed the euthenasia papers:( )

oh and some stupid woman bought 2 maltese Xs in "oh i dont want them anymore"

urgh one more thing no-one is adopting dogs at the moment 2 have been adopted in the last 2 weeks, it is getting realy bad

Oh well but back there again tomorrow to spend some quality time with all of the babys, if i can get a tail wag out of the poor critters at least i will know they knew what love was before their time is up ~sighs~

cloverfdx
07-17-2003, 10:29 AM
ohhh i forgot to mention also, i was wandering by the dog pens checking out sme of the new dogs that had been surrended/strays and came face to face with clovers double:eek: he is beautiful, i think he would have to be one of her brothers (there were 12 pups in the litter) he is a little darker than clover and just soooo sweet (ill be keeping a close eye on his progress, if he passes the temprement test i may have to adopt him;)

lovemyshiba
07-17-2003, 10:46 AM
:( :(
How sad. Poor Biggles--may he run free at the Rainbow Bridge.

cloverfdx
07-17-2003, 10:54 AM
yes the poor little man:( he is a sweety aswell but there is nothing that can be done for him now (other than be loved and cuddled by volunteers over the weekend)

I Love Brian, Forever <3
07-17-2003, 10:56 AM
One post, then I GTG.

Is there any possible way to send Biggles to the states???????

cloverfdx
07-17-2003, 11:03 AM
nope his fate was signed (legal document or somthing) no chance of the lil guy leaving the shelter:( such a waste of a healty and loving dog)

i know this happens world wide but it realy is upsetting still

Cisco's Mom
07-17-2003, 08:10 PM
:( I completely understand how you feel!! I work at a humane society and the execuses people use never fail to blow my mind. The other day it was pouring down rain. Well, this man brings a 9yr old large size dog in and says, " I can't keep him anymore he is afraid of the rain." So I wonder at what point in that 9yyrs did he realize this?? I also wanted to ask him if he had any fears and wether his family would give him away due those fears!!:mad: :mad:

cloverfdx
07-20-2003, 02:37 AM
The other day it was pouring down rain. Well, this man brings a 9yr old large size dog in and says, " I can't keep him anymore he is afraid of the rain." So I wonder at what point in that 9yyrs did he realize this??
that is insane, urghh some people just have no idea.

I also wanted to ask him if he had any fears and wether his family would give him away due those fears!!
oh it is sooo hard to contain oneself when faced with poeple like that everyday (generally i have to leave the room before saying somthing that would get me into ALOT of trouble)

~looking out the window~ ohh the sun is setting lovely

zanzanfergie
07-20-2003, 02:48 AM
Which RSPCA do you volunteer at Clover? I'm at the main one at Burwood (in the cattery mainly). It'd be so weird if we'd been working together and not knowing it.