PDA

View Full Version : I haev the bestest daddy in the whole wide world

Aspen and Misty
07-17-2003, 12:15 AM
:D I just love my daddy. We went to the American Idol concert tonight and I ended up getting really really sick on the way down and pucked twice in the car, ruined my moms flooring and matts, but thats another story. My dad ended up having a buisness meeting all week long in a hotel about 10 mins from where the concert was so my mom, Carla (family friend) and sister dumped me off at hs hotel and headed on to the concert. (I missed the whole thing and am really bummed) My dad wasn't there when I went to the hotel but had left me a key at teh front desk. When my dad came back from his buisness dinner he came home to a trash can full of throw up (sorry to be so nasty) and me sleeping on his bed. He was very quite as to not wake me up. I ended up waking up when the door shut though but it was really nice of him. I again "ruined" another trash can and my dad took both outside and got me some new bags for the trash can from the people at the desk. He took such good care of me! He even gave me a pair of shorts and a shirt to wear since I was in Jeans and a uncomfertable shirt to lie in. It was so nice. I just love my dady. I miss him so much. It was weird coming home without him much less comeing home and watching Nova search for him after she said hello to me :( .

So for all you kids,give yoru dad a hug, they deserve it.

Ash :D

Kfamr
07-17-2003, 12:22 AM
MY dad is better. :p

psst. don't let him know i said that. :rolleyes:

GoldenRetrLuver
07-17-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
MY dad is better. :p

psst. don't let him know i said that. :rolleyes:

Nuh Uh! My dad is! LMAO. ;)

Kfamr
07-17-2003, 12:39 AM
My dad drove over 1,700 miles ( i think it was that long?) with a bad back JUST to go to a Pet Talk meeting. I win. :p

GoldenRetrLuver
07-17-2003, 12:40 AM
My dad drove over 1,700 miles ( i think it was that long?) with a bad back JUST to go to a Pet Talk meeting. I win. :p

LOL, ok, you win...this time...:p

Aspen and Misty
07-17-2003, 12:47 AM
I didn't know I would start a fight over whos dad is the best :eek:

LOL,
Ash

popcornbird
07-17-2003, 01:39 AM
Nope. My dad's the best. :p He always buys me the most expensive stuff and takes me and the family on long summer trips almost every summer. My daddy's the best. I love my daddy and mommy too of course! :p Teeheehee

We all think our parents are the best. Every typical child does. Guess we all win. :p:p

anna_66
07-17-2003, 06:28 AM
Ash, I think it's wonderful that you feel that way!

He didn't have to do anything, just take care of you-that was enough.

Oh, if every family had a daughter like you;)

And KayAnn, I know you have a terrific dad, not too many would drive that far for a day at the bark park:D

Logan
07-17-2003, 06:39 AM
You guys (no matter whose daddy is best) have given me a big smile this morning! It is wonderful to read your kind, loving words about your fathers!

PS. I have a pretty terrific dad too!!! :D

lovemyshiba
07-17-2003, 10:40 AM
It's so nice to read everyone's comments about their fathers.

I love my daddy too, he's the best!!!!

slleipnir
07-17-2003, 11:32 AM
Kay: My dad also did something similar..he knows how much I've always wanted to do to d-world but he hates traveling, so he paid for my way, AND my moms (even though they dont live together) just so I could go..I own my dad like EVERYTHING..so I'm taking him out to supper tonight or tom on me :) Yeah so thats like nothing much but anyway..I tried.

CamCamPup33
07-17-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
It's so nice to read everyone's comments about their fathers.

I love my daddy too, he's the best!!!!

lol i liked how u just kinda threw that in there..

i think kayann wins ;) :p

oh btw my daddys the best :D ;)

slick
07-17-2003, 11:36 AM
Some advice from a grownup:
Tell them you love them. All the time.

In 1995 my Dad was in hospital (old age-he was 91) and he passed away Feb 2. I left work a little late and got there 15 min after he passed. I sat at the bedside clutching his hand and sobbing and telling him that I always loved him and that I would take care of my Mom. Even today, I'm still upset over the thought that I was not with him when he passed.

So to the younger ones in the crowd, don't be afraid to tell your parents that you love them. One day it will be too late.

NoahsMommy
07-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by slick
Some advice from a grownup:
Tell them you love them. All the time.

In 1995 my Dad was in hospital (old age-he was 91) and he passed away Feb 2. I left work a little late and got there 15 min after he'd passed. I sat at the bedside clutching his hand and sobbing and telling him that I always loved him and that I would take care of my Mom. Even today, I'm still upset over the thought that I was not with him when he passed.

So to the younger ones in the crowd, don't be afraid to tell your parents that you love them. One day it will be too late.
I'm so sorry Slick. :( I bet your father knew how much you loved him through your actions.

I agree, you all should tell your parent's how much they mean to you. Even if its just a little, simple card. I would imagine being a parent is by far, the hardest thing to do on Earth.

Aspen and Misty
07-17-2003, 03:27 PM
:D Almost Every weekend my dad will drive me over 2 hours to a petco just to go look around. We normally don't buy anything but we just go look. :D My dad called this morning to see how I was, he said when he comes home he'll cook me some Chicken soup and some crackers. :D

I just love my daddy!!

Ash :D

Kfamr
07-17-2003, 03:34 PM
I don't care how much my father spends on me or how expensive things are. I hate making him buy things or making him spend money or even asking for money.

I gave him money for our trip all he really had to do was drive and put up with me.:)

My dad is still the best.

green_chameleon_girl
07-17-2003, 07:16 PM
I LOVE my Dad! He is soooo nice! He loves animals Too! And he bought each of his 3 kids and wife and himself A COMPUTER!
He would do anything for his family! I HAVE THE BEST DAD :D

Crikit
07-17-2003, 07:45 PM
I love my dad even more now then I did a couple of years ago for the simple reason being that he refused to give up when he wasn't doing so good after his stroke last year and today he's well on the road to recovery...he can even drive now.

But Slicks right, we should all charish the time that we have with our parents because one day they won't be there.

Nomilynn
07-17-2003, 07:52 PM
I will be the first one to admit that I am VERY spoiled. There hasn't been much in life where I would say "Oh I would love to have that" and eventually NOT get it. My dad made several promises to me, when I was a very little girl, and I asked him to do things for me that seemed impossible. I wanted to go on a train, I wanted to ride in a limo, I wanted to go on the Love Boat (I used to LOVE that show apparently) and I want to fly in a helicopter. I've not been on the helicopter yet, but I've done all the rest. When we were in Florida, we took a cruise on a boat that had been used as the Love Boat on a couple episodes, we drive to the airport in a limo, and I think my first train ride was in California. It doesn't matter what my dad promises, he always follows through.

When Bassett first got sick, and I had to rush her to emergency, the bill came to over $900. When I admitted her, I didn't even think about the cost, just helping her breath. I called my dad, and he gave the clinic his credit card number, and even though I will pay him back someday, I know I don't have to.

When he was visiting me just as surgery became the topic of conversation concerning Bassett's health, and I said I was leaning toward yes, but had no clue how to pay for it, I could tell he was skeptical about whether the surgery would work and if it would be too much stress on Bassett. He had her best interests at heart, and was asking a lot of questions. While he was here, Bassett had to go in for a chest tap. As soon as she came home, she was SO happy, rubbing on everything and purring, and jumping on my lap and smiling at me. Dad took one look at the bond between she and I, and the happiness Bassett felt at feeling better, got all choked up and said "How can I say no? Look at how happy she is. I promise we will find a way." The next day he got in touch with the bank to see about cosigning a credit card for me, so I could pay for the surgery. It turned out that my own costs were much less because of all the generous PTers, but I know, that if it had come down to it, my dad would have made it possible for me regardless :)

That's only a couple reasons why my dad is the best :)

TheAntiPam
07-17-2003, 07:57 PM
Yup, Dads are special to their little girls - even when the "little" girls get to be old and big - I mean, grown and mature! ;)

My Dad bought me my first bottle of perfume - and no matter how messy life got, or how un-lovely I felt, I always knew he thought of me as his little lady.

We love you Dads!!!!

slleipnir
07-17-2003, 08:14 PM
I don't care how much my father spends on me or how expensive things are. I hate making him buy things or making him spend money or even asking for money.

I gave him money for our trip all he really had to do was drive and put up with me.:)

My dad is still the best.

I hope your not refering to me here, cause thats not what I ment. Its the fact he'd do that for me. I don't care about the money either. I can't tell you how many countless hours he's spent helping me with homework or whatever it is when he could be doing something for himself.

popcornbird
07-17-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I hope your not refering to me here, cause thats not what I ment. Its the fact he'd do that for me. I don't care about the money either. I can't tell you how many countless hours he's spent helping me with homework or whatever it is when he could be doing something for himself.

Same here. That's not what I meant. I meant that whatever I ask for, or even just mention I *like* my parents always get it for me no matter what the cost. Seriously, I know some kids who's parents won't even get their kids a Jamba Juice because it costs 3 dollars, when they're dad is like a Director in a huge company. So anyway, I meant that my parents always have a huge heart for their kids, and are always willing to spend on us, out of their love. Money means nothing to me. Its the love that counts. :)

My daddy and mommy are still the best. :p

Kfamr
07-17-2003, 08:46 PM
I wasn't refering to anyone. :rolleyes:

slleipnir
07-17-2003, 08:51 PM
:rolleyes:

Aspen and Misty
07-17-2003, 10:13 PM
My daddy just made me a milkshake :D Mmm MM. And he just cleaned the bathroom that me and Julian ruined while playing in earlyer this week because my tummy was up set. I just love him. He even stood outside and listened to me complain about my sister. :D

Ash

GoldenRetrLuver
07-17-2003, 10:20 PM
I love my dad. He listens to me when I have problems, and I feel like I could tell him anything. Were like "two peas in a pod" and probaly best friends.. :) . He helped me with the countless hours of homework help i needed and teaches me to reach my goals in life. I dont know what I would do without him. :)

cali
07-17-2003, 10:54 PM
I bet I have the worst dad:eek: you guys are so lucky to have nice dads, my dad is always crabby and mean, and the rare times he is in a good mood it lasts all of 20 minuts:( misty counter surfs so he wants to burn her pads really bad:eek: a little while ago my dad asked me to unload the dishwasher so I said ok, and went to close IE and he flipped he said "NO! NOT ok, NOW!" and he grounded me:confused: my mom cant even stand him, they sleep in seperate rooms now, and my mom takes medication to help her cope with him, jeeze the only reason my dad still lives with us is because I am still in school. you guys are soooooooo lucky your dads are nice, my dad does not care if I am sick, he acts all high and mighty, I had an asthma attach and could not breath at all, my dad started screaming at me and called me a lier, I could not breath for heavens sakes!:eek:

GoldenRetrLuver
07-17-2003, 11:08 PM
wow...cali im so sorry...he sounds like a real jerk from what your telling us...:(