PDA

View Full Version : Guess where I went today?!!!

anna_66
07-16-2003, 09:22 PM
Hey everybody, it's Angus here. You'll never guess what I did today.
I WENT TO THE BARK PARK!!!!
Yep, you heard right, I went to the park:D Just me & mommy...no Roxey, no Huney, just me!!!
We found one only 25 minutes from our house:eek: How come she didn't know about this before you ask, well, it's new, that's why!
Anyways I was just happy to be going bye-bye in the car, I didn't care where we were going. Then mom parked the car & said "Let's go big boy!". Go...go where:confused: "To the bark park" she says.
Me? I get to go to the park? I thought that only Roxey & Huney got to go places like that because they were such goody goody girls. Who ever thought I'd get to go (and without them:p ), surely not me!
Well, we got out of the car & headed in, can you believe there were no other dogs there:( Well, I guess that was kinda good since I don't care much for other doggies anyway.
So mom let me off the leash (couldn't figure that out, I never get off the leash except in our back yard) and I went exploring.
First here

Then over there

Of course I didn't want to get too far away from mom (still couldn't figure out why I wasn't on my leash!) so I stayed pretty close, always checking to see where she was.
It was really hilly, and I ain't no spring chicken, so I got tired pretty quick. We stayed about 1/2 hour (plenty long enough for me to make sure I marked every spot I could so all the dogs would know I'd been there:D ).
I was so tired when we got home I took a loooong nap!

Maybe we could have a meeting here sometime when it gets cooler out (since there's no shade). The park is fenced off into 2 parts so maybe I could even get to go for a little while!
Well, that's my exciting day, just wanted to tell you all about it!

Dogz
07-16-2003, 09:33 PM
Oh you lucky boy! It looks like you had fun Angus! It looks like a great bark park! I know how it is... you just have to explore! You are such a handsome boy! Thanks for sharing with us!:)

lizbud
07-16-2003, 09:36 PM
Hi Angus,

That's so great that you got to spend time alone with mom
and even better that you got to go to this Great Park. Looks
like you had a wonderful adventure. The park is huge.....
and you sweetie, are as handsome as ever.:) :) Hope you get
to go again soon. :D :D

lovemyshiba
07-16-2003, 10:00 PM
Oh Angus!!!!!
How jealous Huney and Roxey must have been of you!!!
You are so special, that mommy took just you to the park!!! And no other doggies there--I bet you loved it.
Kito would be happy to run around an empty park like that too, he's not always fond of other doggies either.

You're looking as handsome as ever, Angus:) :)

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us, and I can't wait to see more!!!!

Make sure your mommy gives you some extra kisses from here in PA--from me!!!!:)

zippy-kat
07-16-2003, 10:03 PM
W:eek:W! What a big park! Glad you had fun, Angus! :D

apcrs5122
07-16-2003, 10:12 PM
Angus,
Hey buddy, I read that youz gots to go to the bark park!!!! W:eek:W! I bet youz had lots and lotz of fun!!!! Was it super hot? I bet it was! I never get to goz to da park, well somtimez, but I neva get ta getz off the leash like youz did! It sounded like youz and ya mumz had lotz of fun! My mummyz sez dat you is a pretty, pretty big boy! I wish I could meet ya in person, 'cause I bet youz and me are 'bout the same size(I don't knowz, how much do you weigh?)! Anywayz, I'm glad you had fun!

Alex:D

LoudLou
07-16-2003, 10:31 PM
WoW! Angus you're such a Lucky Dog!

shais_mom
07-17-2003, 12:51 AM
YEA! Angus got to go to the PARK!!
woo hoo!
Yup we could definately make that trip! Keegan would love it!

ChrisH
07-17-2003, 04:21 AM
Awww, that is so great!:) I can tell by the pictures that gorgeous Angus really enjoyed being out and about! :)

Thanks for sharing Anna! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-17-2003, 06:09 AM
ANGUS!!!!!

Looks like you had a fun filled spoiled day... and you surely deserve it!:) I'm so glad you and your mommy had a chance to go spend some fun time together.... sure bet you were tired after seeing ALL those spots you had to mark. You are so handsome!! :D

Logan
07-17-2003, 06:09 AM
What a wonderful, special day, Angus, for you and for Anna!!! :D You look so happy in that beautiful setting!!! I'm glad you had a great day!!! :D

anna_66
07-17-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Oh Angus!!!!!
How jealous Huney and Roxey must have been of you!!!

You better believe they were!

We had a great time and the best thing is it wasn't very hot at all, only about 80 and very low humidity and a great breeze (doesn't it just sound like the perfect day? Angus thought so!).

Angus forgot to mention that on the left of the park there is a fenced off area with agility equipment (not that he wanted to be doing any agility:p ) that I thought was pretty cool.
All in all not a bad park!
There are still a couple of others which are about an hour or less from our house that I'm going to check out.
Staci, any time you and Keegan want to come up, just let us know:D
Thanks everyone for the compliments on my big boy, he is handsome isn't he:D

bnormal
07-17-2003, 07:46 AM
Angus, glad to see you had fun big guy! I think you and Callihan would probably get along great!

:D :D :D

cloverfdx
07-17-2003, 08:05 AM
ohhh angus you lucky boy :) looks like you had a great day with your mum :D

i wish we had proper dog parks here. we have off lead parks but not special dog parks.

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Angus, you look like such a sweet, handsome boy! How exciting that you got to go for a ride and play at the park--with all the attention just for you! :)

The park looks beautiful and so large. Our local dog park is much smaller. You are lucky to have such a nice place to visit.

I'm glad you had a good day, Angus! :)

robinh
07-17-2003, 11:21 AM
How can you not love this face?!?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p04abfc4e79c7fbfd426292e38ad33b07/fba70a70.jpg

I was always afraid of rotties until my friends mom got one. I went to my friends house and the pup (120 lb pup) met me at the door with the ferocious look. Cindy let me in, introduced me to Flower and the next thing I knew she was laying on her back on the floor nudging me to rub her tummy. I was in love with the sweet thing. She sat on my foot the rest of the time I was at the house.

Now I'm in love with Angus - Sorry Anna - he's my favorite! Not that Huney and Roxey aren't absolutely beautiful, but Angus - (sigh ;)) he's defintely a doll!

AdoreMyDogs
07-17-2003, 02:48 PM
Angus look at how lucky you are. You are such a special guy, and the look in that face of yours is priceless. Please demand lots and lots of hugs and kisses from me here in MI :)

Cincy'sMom
07-17-2003, 03:43 PM
Glad you got to check out the new park Angus! You deserve your turn too!

Where is that one at Anna? Is there a membership fee or anything? The girls love agility stuffs and it would be nice for you and Johanna if we can make a trip your way occasionally too.

We'll have to get Phred to find something closer to him too....we can travel the state this fall or next summer :)

Kfamr
07-17-2003, 03:45 PM
Awww Angus! You handsome boy!

I really wish I had the chance to meet you.. You probably would have gone crazy at the park though.

anna_66
07-17-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by robinh
Now I'm in love with Angus - Sorry Anna - he's my favorite! Not that Huney and Roxey aren't absolutely beautiful, but Angus - (sigh ;)) he's defintely a doll!
I totally understand robinh, he's a big sweetheart (well, when he's not around 20 other dogs;) )

Amy, this one is in Dayton. It's The Montgomery County Animal Shelter Bark Park (http://www.co.montgomery.oh.us/AnimalShelter/BarkPark.htm), and no there are no fees. The doggies just need to have their valid license and be current on their vacs.
It's only about 25 minutes south of Piqua. Would be great if we could have a meeting there sometime (but definately in the cooler months because of lack of shade)! I expecially like it because it has 2 fenced off areas. That way Angus could come and not have to be in the time out kennel, he could roam too!

Cisco's Mom
07-17-2003, 07:23 PM
WoW!! Definitely looks like a nice place to hang out. It's not too far from your home so maybe this could yours and Angus's hang out. Nothing like that good quality time!!

KYS
07-17-2003, 07:31 PM
Angus, that was so nice of you to stay close to
your mommy to make sure she would not get lost.
Since you were such a good boy, maybe
mommy will take you again all by yourself.
That's sure a big dog park.

captain
07-17-2003, 09:13 PM
Angus, my precious, precious boy!!! :D

Anna, you KNOW how much I love Angus ......... and he got to go out by himself, and WOW ............. he looks like he had an absolute ball!!!!

Wish I lived closer .............*sigh *:(

GSDgurl
07-17-2003, 09:44 PM
Ohh...Angus is just a big ol' sweetie. Bet he had a great time at the Bark Park w/ just you. Roxey n' Honey prolly don't get why they didn't get to go...

Enjoyed the pictures....thanx for sharing~!

:D

MaxandSpike'sMom
07-18-2003, 12:40 PM
Angus! What a good doggie you were! We would love to have a Bark Park! You lucky dog, you :)

K9karen
07-18-2003, 01:38 PM
Wow! Awesome place! Wish I had one nearby! I'll bet Angus would be jumping up and down with glee if he could! I'm so glad he had a blast!

DoggiesAreTheBest
07-19-2003, 01:26 PM
That's GREAT, Angus! I loved the pictures. Looks like you had a good time!

Cataholic
07-19-2003, 09:29 PM
Angus? At the dog park? By himself? Ha ha Huney and Roxey, Ha ha ha..you two have to stay home Ha ha ha...

I can't believe that park. Dayton is ALOT closer to me...just an hour away...how nice is that? I bet Angus had a ball, all by himself, with just his mommy. That is wonderful.

Cincy'sMom
07-19-2003, 10:35 PM
Hey Jo-

Have you checked out any of the dog parks in the Cincy area?

Cincinnati
Mt. Airy Dog Park (http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/pages/-687-/)
Located at Mt. Airy Forest's Highpoint Picnic Area on Westwood Northern Blvd.
Between Montana Ave. and North Bend Road.
Hours: open dawn to dusk
Features: fenced, benches, tables, handicap access, trees, parking, restrooms,
water, trash, shelter.

Mason
Schappacher Dog Park
Old Irwin Simpson Road, north of I-275, off Mason Montgomery Road
Hours: daylight hours
Fenced, benches, tables, poopbags, trees, parking, trash
Water should be installed in the future and two sand pits are being built.

anna_66
07-20-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Angus? At the dog park? By himself? Ha ha Huney and Roxey, Ha ha ha..you two have to stay home Ha ha ha...

Yep, he thought the same thing:D:D

tatsxxx11
07-20-2003, 07:22 AM
Oh, sweetie pupper Angus!!:) Wow, what an adventure! Nothing like spending a little special time alone with your Mommmy:) Seeing your beautiful face this morning and knowing you had such a fun time at the Bark Park, has made my day!! Make sure your Mommy wraps her arms around you and gives you the biggest hug and kiss from me, ok?? We love you Angus! You're PRECIOUS!!:) Sandra, Cody and Star

ramanth
07-23-2003, 01:22 PM
WOW! What a neat Park! Angus, you lucky boy! :D Getting to go to the park and your sisters have to stay home. Now they know how YOU feel. ;) :D

*hugs* to you sweetie.