PDA

View Full Version : Mothers can be so embarrassing!!!

Kirsten
07-16-2003, 04:10 PM
Geez, I just have to vent! Remember when I posted about my mother who has called the little Lily-girl ugly when I showed her the first pics (as a newborn)? Well, I haven't shown her any pictures of her since (because she had really hurt me with that comment), but today she came with me to visit my friends (where Lily still lives with her mom and her brother). These friends also have a litter of pups and my mother wanted to see them, so she came with me.

Of course she also saw Lily at that occasion, and her comment was "Well okay, she isn't that ugly as I thought from the pictures" - with my friends standing right next to her while she was saying that! I felt so embarassed that moment I would have appreciated a hole in the ground to hide into! :o I found it absolutely tasteless and rude of her to say that!

Lily today:
http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997/lily39.jpg

Kirsten

ScantyNebula
07-16-2003, 04:24 PM
I know how you feel ... Mom saw a picture of Lily and she was like "I never expected her to be like a siamese cat ... Toby is cuter" :mad: Maybe she doesn't like siamese cats for some strange reasons but its still rude to say such a thing .. I know both my kitties are adorable! Just like your Lily Kirsten, she is precious! I just don't bother when ppl give comments like that about animals .. they just aren't serious pet lovers, and that probably won't change no matter what you say. =/

Kirsten
07-16-2003, 04:31 PM
"I never expected her to be like a siamese cat ... Toby is cuter"

How mean to say that, it's absolutely heartless - and not true!!! Your Lily is a beauty!!! Toby is also cute, but they look so different from each other you can't even compare them!

Well, heard about people today who gave their cat away because she has turned out to be deaf! :mad: Some people never cease to amaze me! :(

Kirsten

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-16-2003, 04:32 PM
I know how you could have felt like crawling in a hole, and yes, your mother should have had more tact than to say something like that in front of your friend, but the simple fact is that Lily is just so darn cute that your mother had to concede a little on her first statement.

And besides, we all know she's the cutest little Lily around....well, along with the other cute little Lily around here..... ;) :D

RedHedd
07-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten

Lily today:
http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997/lily39.jpg

How can ANYONE possibly say that's an ugly kitty? I'm in CUTENESS OVERLOAD! What a SWEET little face! ;)

Kirsten
07-16-2003, 04:43 PM
we all know she's the cutest little Lily around....well, along with the other cute little Lily around here

Yes, for some reason our mother's aren't very nice to our Lilys here!!

The first pictures of Lily were these:
(as a newborn and when she was just opening her eyes)

http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997/lily2.jpg
http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997/lily3.jpg
http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997/lily4.jpg

My mother and her fiancé said she looks ugly, unfriendly and like a monkey so I have decided not to show them any more pics.

Besides, I bet Luna (which my mother finds extremely cute) has looked almost the same at that age!

Kirsten

rosethecopycat
07-16-2003, 04:49 PM
What a fascinating eye color she has!

And those baby pictures! I LOVE those ears!

Kirsten
07-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by rosethecopycat
What a fascinating eye color she has!

And those baby pictures! I LOVE those ears!

Yes, I still wonder what eye color she will eventually have! They don't look they're going to be green!

And yes, her ears have been so tiny as a newborn! :)

Kirsten

apcrs5122
07-16-2003, 04:54 PM
Both Lily's are so cute! I love them, and I don't know how someone could say that she's ugly:(

BTW: I have a to tell about this lady giving up her cat.

Well, I was playing with this gorgeous orange tabby boy, who was so sweet and playful. He looked alot like Toby, actually, only he had more orange and less white. Anyway, I was asking the worker in the cat room why he was there because it said on the card that he was a owner turn-in. The guy said that it was the stupidest woman that turned her in (well, he didn't acctually say that, but that's how I put it). Well, you know why she turned him in? Because she re-decorated her living room, and he didn't match:mad: :mad: Ooooh, that made me SO MAD!!!! Who could do such a thing? He was about 3 years old or so, and she had had him ever since he was 3 weeks!:mad: I felt so bad for that poor cat. He was so sweet, and loved people and cuddling. I went to visit him every day until, finally, a couple with 2 children, 4 and 6 I do believe, came and adopted him. All of us could tell that they would be good, loving, caring owners, and the kids were so well-behaved also. I'm really glad that he got adopted.

Anyway, I think Lily (and Lily) are beautiful little kitties.:D

Kirsten
07-16-2003, 04:59 PM
Because she re-decorated her living room, and he didn't match

OMG; how can anyone be so stupid and cruel!?! People like this should never be allowed to have pets!!! I'm glad that orangie has finally got a good home, I'm sure he's in a better place now with caring and loving owners!

Kirsten

apcrs5122
07-16-2003, 05:06 PM
OMG; how can anyone be so stupid and cruel!?! People like this should never be allowed to have pets!!! I'm glad that orangie has finally got a good home, I'm sure he's in a better place now with caring and loving owners!

Kirsten

I know, I couldn't believe it. I swear, if I was working behind the counter when she came in and said that, someone would have had to hold me back because I might have thrown myself at her.

Kirsten
07-16-2003, 05:09 PM
I would have felt the same!!! :mad:
Then again, it's probably better he's away from her now! Glad he has a nice family now!

Kirsten

apcrs5122
07-16-2003, 05:11 PM
Then again, it's probably better he's away from her now! Glad he has a nice family now!

Yes, I do believe it is better for him to be away from her. I'm very glad too:D

koxka
07-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
..... but the simple fact is that Lily is just so darn cute that your mother had to concede a little on her first statement.

Yes, TPmom, you got the point. ! :D
Her pride forbid her to retract from the firts statement

Vio&Juni
07-17-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by apcrs5122
Well, you know why she turned him in? Because she re-decorated her living room, and he didn't match

I have doubts that that woman was sane. Really. And this is not just an expression used to show that I disagree with her decision. I REALLY doubt that she was sane. If she had re-decorated her living room in Ancient Roman style, would have she expected her kids to wear Roman togas?

Barbara
07-17-2003, 06:57 AM
Kirsten I think your mom simply couldn't admit she was wrong. I wonder though why she thought she could simply hurt you and your friend by saying something like this.

Anyway: all the Lilys here are simply wonderful and people here understand a lot more about cats :) :D

catmandu
07-17-2003, 09:41 AM
Lily is absolutely gorgoeus! I once had a woman say that my little pouncer looked like a weasel! Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder and to say a kiten is ugly by a photo a few days ols id stupid! Lily and Toby are wonderful cats! To me this obsession with looks is a terrible thing as people are dying to fit a certain image. You should be happy and accept yourself the way the Lord made you! But these damn advertisers making normal people feel inferior so they can peddle thier overpriced crap!A pox on thier houses!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kirsten
07-17-2003, 01:49 PM
Well, today, I showed some of the newer Lily-photos to my mother and she finally had to admit she is cute. She was like: "Oh, she resembles Luna a lot now!", and I know she finds Luna cute! But that's not the point, I found it so tactless of her to say something like that with my friends right next to her, who are of course proud of ALL their kittens and puppies!

Kirsten

AmberLee
07-18-2003, 01:43 AM
I once had a woman say that my little pouncer looked like a weasel!

When I was awaiting the arrival of Cassy and Sassy a friend (allergic to cats) tried to convince me that all cats look like 'ugly little rats'. (Sorry ratty lovers, direct quote.) Petty of me, I suppose, but I've never felt the same about that friend since...

IttyBittyKitty
07-18-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Vio&Juni
I have doubts that that woman was sane. Really. And this is not just an expression used to show that I disagree with her decision. I REALLY doubt that she was sane. If she had re-decorated her living room in Ancient Roman style, would have she expected her kids to wear Roman togas?

LOL Good one!

Honestly, some people! I would have been embarrassed too, but you've got to realise that she is making herself look like an idiot, not you. You are an adult now, and people know that you are able to embrace your own beliefs and come to your own conclusions.

On this topic....

What used to bother me when I was younger was people mixing up my Mum's two cats. Yes, both are torties but Whiskey is small and has pattern covering her back, tail and face. Milo is a FAT cat with smatterings of tortie on her face and tail only. Not difficult to tell, especially as we are talking about people who were frequent visitors to the house! Honestly, it's like mixing up two humans that only share the same feature of, say, blue eys and blonde hair! Rude!

kimlovescats
07-18-2003, 05:31 PM
UGLY??????? She MUST be kidding!!!! Lily is absolutely adorable ... she was from DAY ONE! Well, don't feel too bad... my ex-husbands grandmother said my youngest daughter had the "ugliest colored eyes" the first time she saw her!!! I thought I would smack the old goat!!! :eek: It just so happens they were green and eventually turned brown .... UUGH!!

Vio&Juni
07-21-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
...the old goat!!! ...

:D :D :D :D

Kirsten
07-22-2003, 04:50 PM
my ex-husbands grandmother said my youngest daughter had the "ugliest colored eyes" the first time she saw her!!!

OMG, how can anyone say something like that??? "Goat" is way too nice for someone like that!

Kirsten