PDA

View Full Version : Are you offended if people use your name?

wolfsoul
07-16-2003, 03:41 PM
There are alot of people whos' usernames are not their real names.

For those people --- do you like it or hate it when people use your real name when talking to you or about you on PT?

I love it when people use my real name. It's like we are more than a forum that we could feel comfortable enough to call eachother by our real names.

CamCamPup33
07-16-2003, 03:44 PM
I agree JORDAN.. :D... i like it.. well it really doesnt matter if someone says cam cam or cam but i would rather everybody call me Amber just cause like you said we feel like more than a forum but friends instead..

RockyRoad
07-16-2003, 03:56 PM
I like it when people call me Britt, but I don't care if people call me FLS, Floppsy, etc. It's funny that you made this thread, b/c on birthday threads and things like that, I always get scared to use people's real names in case they'll get mad at me. Talk about paranoid. :p

binka_nugget
07-16-2003, 04:14 PM
Despite my hatred for my name...I like it when people use it.

CamCamPup33
07-16-2003, 04:17 PM
ASHLEY how could you hate your name :D :p ;) BRITT dont be so paranoid.. :D lol im sorry im a dork. :rolleyes: :( :D

slick
07-16-2003, 04:18 PM
Everyone calls me Slick - my family, my friends and my co-workers. In fact if you were ask for Vickie at my work number the receptionist would have to stop and think......

I love the name Slick. Always have, always will.

apcrs5122
07-16-2003, 04:19 PM
I really like it when someone uses my real name, although no one knows it;) :rolleyes: Hehe, so for everyone's info, my name is Dayna (pronounced Dana, I'm sure everyone knows how to pronounce it, but you would have no clue how many times it's been miss pronounced, although it's obvious;Day-na:rolleyes: ).

Uabassoon
07-16-2003, 04:21 PM
I really don't care what I'm called. I didn't vote because my vote would have been it doesn't matter.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-16-2003, 04:29 PM
It doesnt really matter to me. People can call me GoldenRetriever, GoldenRetrLuver, GRL, Golden, Retriever, lol whatever! or Julie. I think I like Julie better though. :p

primabella
07-16-2003, 04:37 PM
It doesn't make much difference to me. prima and Liana are less formal to me but when people call me Liana, I feel more comfortable with them. As been said, more like friends than just a forum.

Fuzzy317
07-16-2003, 05:43 PM
It doesn't matter to me. Calling me Fuzzy or Scott makes no difference to me. :)

ChloeLove
07-16-2003, 06:10 PM
Sometimes people call me Chloe, but that's quite all right! I'd like if people used my name, but...it's okay. :)

Crikit
07-16-2003, 07:18 PM
I didn't vote because well it doesn't really matter to me. I'll answer to Crikit or Criks or Tracy or Trace or all kinds of stuff....just never call me Theresa or Tray, I'm not a Theresa nor am I a device used to serve food. :D

anna_66
07-16-2003, 08:09 PM
I voted that I like it:D Needless to say it doesn't matter if you call me Anna or anna_66:p

RubyMutt
07-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Why would I be offended?? It's my name! :)
Actually, I haven't been called Lindsey very much, but that doesn't bother me. Although, I do think it's funny when people call me Ruby :)

Dogz
07-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Nobody calls me by my real name, but I think that I would like it if ppl did. Just like Liana said, it makes the people feel more like your friends. It doesn't really matter what you call me, I like being called Dogz and Emma.;)

zippy-kat
07-16-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Crikit
I didn't vote because well it doesn't really matter to me. I'll answer to Crikit or Criks or Tracy or Trace or all kinds of stuff....just never call me Theresa or Tray, I'm not a Theresa nor am I a device used to serve food. :D

can we call you a yeknom? ;)

Kfamr
07-16-2003, 10:45 PM
Where's the "I really do not care."?

I could careless if anyone knew my name or called me "Kfamr". I don't expect for everyone to remember it even though it is right there in my signature.

I'm not the best at remembering names (although i could remember the lyrics to a whole CD. :rolleyes: )

lovemyshiba
07-16-2003, 10:54 PM
I like it, as Jordan and Liana said, it makes it feel more friendly, but it really doesn't matter to me.

Twisterdog
07-16-2003, 11:07 PM
It doesn't matter to me, I suppose.

However, I think it can get confusing in some posts. For example, if I were to post in a thread as "Twisterdog", and later in the thread someone were to say, "I agree with what Shanna said.", people might be thinking, "Shanna? Who the heck is Shanna?"

Some days I can barely remember the names of my customers, let alone lots of people with different user names on a message board. :p

Crikit
07-17-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
can we call you a yeknom? ;)

Er ah I knew I forgot one. No you may not call me a Yeknom however if you want you may call me the MASTER OF THE UNKNOWN UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!! :D ;)

Aspen and Misty
07-17-2003, 12:06 AM
I would prefer people to use my name. Thats one of the resons I sign it after every post and normally tell people to call me Ash or Ashley.

Ash

popcornbird
07-17-2003, 03:42 AM
No one even knows my name here. Teeheehee! :p:D:p:D:p:p:p

Logan
07-17-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
No one even knows my name here. Teeheehee! :p:D:p:D:p:p:p

Darn it!!! :p Maybe one day!!!!!

Since I use my name as my nickname here, I hope its the only name anyone calls me! :eek:

tatsxxx11
07-17-2003, 06:34 AM
I'd much prefer people use my "real" name, although "tats" is really part of my last name and what many friends call me by anyway. I'd like to use other's first names, too, but many don't use their name after their posts, or only occasionally, so I sometimes don't what it is! :o

07-17-2003, 07:09 AM
I like it! Quite obvious, as it is also my real name ;) :p

Vio&Juni
07-17-2003, 07:48 AM
I like it. I would laugh if someone would call me just Juni :D

Well, Vio is my short name and it comes from Viorica.

bluekat
07-17-2003, 08:55 AM
I don't really care, nobody has ever called me by my real name here before. But now its in my sig:p

AmberLee
07-18-2003, 12:20 AM
:( :o Hmmm, my paranoid level is a lot higher than the rest of yours...

I had a nut track me down a few years back and it scared me -- I am uncomfortable when people use my real name here. In face to face meetings it's one thing...

I did redo my website to cut down personal info. Had had NO idea how easy it was to track down some info. When I picked up the phone at work and this stranger who'd been asking me technical web related questions via email was there and I hadn't given him my number (and later my home and then it got weirder...) Ick. :eek:

So I feel safer if people here know me as AmberLee.

-- Amber Lee (the paranoid)

popcornbird
07-18-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Logan
Darn it!!! :p Maybe one day!!!!!

LOL! :p:p:p

One day? Hmmmm...............Maybe.............Maybe after 10 years or so.......Maybe never...........Maybe I'll be a Popcornbirdie forever. :p:p:D:D:D
Hehehehehe :D

Corinna
07-18-2003, 12:48 AM
I don't care cause my name is my user name. I get to confused with all the business I do on the web. There are so many people on here now I just use the user name unless I'm sure of the real name.

IttyBittyKitty
07-18-2003, 04:26 AM
I am a little hesitant in using people's names so as not to offend, but you guys can call me whatever you want as long as it's not derogatory! :D

cali
07-18-2003, 10:59 AM
lol well I am called many things on the internet, lets see theres:
BCC
bc_girl
border
cali
shayna
bc crazy
BC
calico
Na
steph
the list could go on, but shayna is my real name, I hate it and prefer to be called cali though, but on the board where I have been the longest, like one I have been there before the board, they had a chat and I was always their so I was one of the first to join in the first place, I dont mind them calling me shayna, just because its small and we are all so close there,(the original members I mean):p

iceyshiver21
07-18-2003, 11:47 AM
I don't mind hearing my name on pettalk...not many know it because only recently have I ever said it. Now I put it in my sig and stuff so yah. So times its shocking when some people even know my name...

***Britt your not the only one whose paranoid..I have to double check a name 3 or 4 times before I'll post it. My biggest fear is calling someone the wring name.

wolfsoul
07-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21

***Britt your not the only one whose paranoid..I have to double check a name 3 or 4 times before I'll post it. My biggest fear is calling someone the wring name.

I always do that! I know that this is the person's name, and that the person has this pet, but I always have to check just incase! lol.

wolfsoul
07-18-2003, 03:02 PM
omg, for a minute I thought your pic was on petfinder! :D LOL. Wish I could adopt you, but the rats would have seizures if I got any more pets :D ;) :rolleyes: :p

iceyshiver21
07-18-2003, 03:23 PM
When I first saw the title of this thread I though you ment when people steal your sign in names on purpose.

Originally posted by wolfsoul
omg, for a minute I thought your pic was on petfinder! :D LOL. Wish I could adopt you, but the rats would have seizures if I got any more pets :D ;) :rolleyes: :p
lol :D but then your ratties would have a new friends...and I'd get to meet my ALL time favorite Pettalk dog Timber!!

wolfsoul
07-18-2003, 03:34 PM
Ize am yur favarit pet talk dog? :o :) Ok, well, I will try and talk my mom into it then. :D

~TiMbEr

Rottieluver45
07-19-2003, 06:44 PM
I like it when people use my real name but not alot of people know it. It`s CHRISTINA. You guys can call me by name. :D

Andie
07-19-2003, 07:13 PM
I don't really care.

Call me Andie!

Call me Ann!

I'll even grin and bear Andrea.

It doesn't matter to me.

wolf_Q
07-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Doesn't matter to me. :)