PDA

View Full Version : Too many unused usernames

puppygrrl4eva7
07-15-2003, 11:30 AM
Ugg I just looked at the Calendar, and like a bazillion ppl are having birthdays this month, so I checked out some of there profiles because I've never seen them post and I find out they haven't made any posts since like May of 2001! that reallly buggs me tons of usernames that haven't been active for like 3 years!!:rolleyes::mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

What if a new user wants to use that particular name that hasen't been used for a few years(and never will be used again)?

I was just wondering if, Karen and Paul, you guys could make a rule about any username that hasen't been active for like a year or two you could automatically delete that name so we'd have less unused names, so if a new member wants that name they could use it, and we wouldn't have all these unneeded old names of people that no longer wish to be a part of PT. Do you think you could do that?:)

iceyshiver21
07-15-2003, 11:40 AM
Karen and Paul recently went and delete all the "0" posting ones. I know what you mean it is kind of annoying.

iceyshiver21
07-15-2003, 11:43 AM
It was sad to think that when they did that...the users went from 6000 somthing to like 3000.

puppygrrl4eva7
07-15-2003, 11:48 AM
I'm still looking around the calendar and there is still ppl with 0 posts, just click any random name and they haven't been here since 2000, And maybe you could E-mail them and ask them to come back to PT because it's a shame to have all these accounts that aren't being used

iceyshiver21
07-15-2003, 11:54 AM
I've tried that...like when its there birthday and stuff..I get few replys and it alot of work.

kittens
07-15-2003, 12:04 PM
"the members went from 6000, to 3000"

I looked thru it after that was done too, and there could be alot more deleted, 0 posts or ones that have not posted in at least a year, or more. I bet there would only be , maybe 1000 members.
there's no way theres 3000 active members.I would guess there are between 500-1000

Karen
07-15-2003, 12:06 PM
Just because someone doesn't have any posts doesn't mean they don't read the board and/or use the PM system.

That said, we have deleted unused names in the past, and may do so again sometime, but who cares? It's not like poeple don't have a million choices of usernames, and I have never yet had someone complain he/she couldn't get the name he/she wanted.

CamCamPup33
07-15-2003, 12:39 PM
agreed karen

Tina
07-15-2003, 01:13 PM
It really doesn't bother me. Besides we've already had threads like this already.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-15-2003, 01:57 PM
And also, the people might visit everyday, just not post. And if you don't sign in, you don't get the cookie (or however it's done) so the posts you've already read aren't marked, which makes it difficult to keep up on what you have or have not read.

And besides, I have to agree with Karen - who cares? :)

catland
07-15-2003, 05:47 PM
I agree - its a non-issue. Karen, you and Paul do a great job monitoring and maintaining PT and allowing all of us to congregate in your virtual living room - and lets remember - its FREE:D

If someone is really salivating over a name out there, they can always just add a number or letter before or after it.

Icy - I think it is really sweet that you try to contact people on their birthdays.