PDA

View Full Version : Ti and Miley tangle AGAIN!

sasvermont
07-14-2003, 09:07 PM
I arrived home tonight, only to find that Ti had opened the door to the room where Miley was placed. I had tried to secure the door with an eye hook lock last night, but I didn't want to hammer late in the evening....so I let it go. Ti has figured out how to open doors by hanging on the doornobs.

I came home to find cat poop all over the futon cover (thank goodness the futon was covered with several layers of bedding) and Miley up at the very top of the kitchen cabinets, scared to death. It appeared to have happened earlier in the day, as most of the mess was dried.

Miley will not come down and can't be touched without hissing. I am so torn as to what to do with these two cats. Should I just let them fight it out? Gosh, how bad could it get? Shall I give Ti away?

I am downloading some photos I took last night, some nice ones of Juni and Miley playing on the bed.... and also a couple of what I found when I arrived home tonight. As soon as I finish, I will paste them here.

I am at witts end right now. The house just stinks to high heavens, much like a bad animal shelter.... Ti has dried something all over him....I finally washed his side, belly and tail. Miley will have to wait to be inspected. I am really confused now. I wonder how much more Miley can take without going off the deep end!

Help!

sasvermont
07-14-2003, 09:15 PM
Miley and Juni

sasvermont
07-14-2003, 09:19 PM
This is what I found when I got home tonight...

Christiansmommy
07-14-2003, 09:25 PM
Wow, you really are in quite the predicament, i am sorry to say. I am glad that Miley and Juni are friends, though. It does my heart good to see the two of them on the bed together...Miley needs that, for sure. Thank goodness for sweet Juni Rose!!! It just boggles the mind on how she can get along with Juni, and on the other hand, she and Ti cant seem to mend their pieces together!!

I know when i had to make the decision to rehome Gabe, due to my circumstances...i was totally stressed all of the time. I loved him too much, ya know. I suppose if you rehomed him, Miley would benefit, but would Juni crave his attention and miss him too much? It is so hard to know the right thing to do. I will send up some prayers that you feel led to make whatever decision you need to, so you dont have doubts.

((((HUGS))))) Sallyanne!!

Pam
07-14-2003, 09:37 PM
Oh dear I was hoping that there wouldn't be another "episode." You have done SO MUCH to try and work through this. I really wish (and you probably do too) that you had a surveillance camera. Maybe it would give a clue as to what "signals" Ti and Miley might be sending to each other and just what it is that triggers these sessions. That might give you some insight that you don't currently have. Then again I guess it doesn't matter what the trigger is. The bottom line is that they just can't seem to see eye to eye. Sallyanne I am worried about the stress all of this is causing you too. I have no answers, but I think Robyn has a good point here that prayers should be going up for wisdom for you to know what to do. I wish I could do something or offer a suggestion but I am as sad and confused as you are. (((hugs)))

lailamara
07-14-2003, 09:51 PM
I too was hoping that this wouldn't happen again. I don't know what I would do at this point. I can only say that you are the only one who can make a decision and that I send hugs to you all.:( :( Has your vet got any advice ? Kitty Prozac for Ti and or Miley ? Please let us know how Miley recovers from this last altercation.

Uabassoon
07-14-2003, 09:53 PM
I had a similar situation with Corkscrew and my roommates cat Sasha. Sasha was just terrified of Corkscrew, the only time she felt safe was when she was locked up in the bedroom. We lived together for 2 years and she never got over it. Just the sight of Corkscrew was enough to make her start screaming and hissing. She lost a lot of weight and somedays was so stressed out she couldn't poop. When I went to visit her at her new place (my roommate and I both moved into seperate apts.) she was like a whole new cat. I couldn't belive it was the same cat that I lived with for two years. She was so sweet and playful and very happy. So I learned that sometimes cats just don't get over it. But I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide.

Vermontcat
07-14-2003, 10:02 PM
Oh no! Poor Miley! Naughty Ti!:(
I hope you can get some sleep tonight.
I will have to check back here tomorrow and hope that things improve.

shais_mom
07-15-2003, 12:00 AM
Poor Miley girl!
Good luck in whatever you decide.
Hugs to all of you!

krazyaboutkatz
07-15-2003, 12:17 AM
Sallyanne, I'm so sorry to hear that you had another episode with Ti and Miley. :( Have you ever thought of talking to an animal behaviorist? Maybe someone like this could give you some information that will help you with Ti and Miley. I sure hope that things will work out in the end. Good luck. Please take care.

luckies4me
07-15-2003, 01:09 AM
WOW! If that poop is from being scared, poor poor kitty whichever one it was. I would just want to make sure everyone is not hurt. Have you had a chance to look both of them over really good?

I know with dogs there is a medication called ClomaCalm? I wonder if they make something similar for cats? :(

Barbara
07-15-2003, 02:54 AM
Oh Sallyanne, what a shock again. I have no idea what to do. Poor Miley girl. I have never seen a kitty scared like that and I'm afraid I couldn't stand it. And it warms my heart to see her with Juni.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

sasvermont
07-15-2003, 05:47 AM
Miley ran to the bed last night at 3 AM and straight under the covers. She is still there. I checked her this morning (yes, I went under the covers, so as to not disturb her too much) and she needs a kitty bath as she stinks of urine but other than that, she didn't seem to have as much dried poop on her as Ti. I had to soak it off Ti. I always thought cats cleaned themselves.

Anyway, I will re-think this situation over the weekend. It is quite obvious that a change needs to take place and soon!

I was up until 1:30 washing bed clothes. They are all fresh and clean now. In the process, while I was spraying air freshener in the air, Juni was under one of the spray sessions and got the junk in her eyes. Well, that led to an interesting and guilt-ridden evening. She was rubbing her eyes all night, meowing.... I tried to rinse her eyes with water but that wasn't something she wanted to do! She is fine today and I will keep MY eyes open to make sure she doesn't exhibit any symptoms from the spray! Yikes.

Maybe I should take up growing African violets!

;)

HayleyRosie
07-15-2003, 06:52 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Ti and Miley. Please keep us updated.

Rachel
07-15-2003, 10:09 AM
I don't think anyone can tell you what to do, but based on what you have described over the length of time involved, and all the efforts you have tried to ameliorate the situation, I can only say what I would do in your situation and that would be to make a concerted effort to find Ti another home as soon as possible.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-15-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
Maybe I should take up growing African violets!

:D At least you're keeping your sense of humor about it, but I know that is only covering the sense of frustration you must be feeling. Poor Miley girl. :( It's just not right that she is so scared in her own home, and unfortunately, like Rachel says, it might just be time to throw in the towel and admit that Ti needs a new home. :( Juni might miss his rough-housing, but maybe you could get another Aby kitten to keep her from overwhelming Miley. Miley doesn't seem to have a problem with kittens, just older, adult, aggressive cats. So maybe just another kitten, Aby or not would be good for Juni and being a kitten Miley would accept it.

I too was hoping there wouldn't be another incident like this. It sounds like the only alternative to re-homing Ti is to make sure every door in the house has a hook lock on it and just giving it more time.....

{{{Hugs}}} to you while you try to make a difficult decision.

BastetsMum
07-15-2003, 04:20 PM
What a difficult predicament. Rehoming Ti will make Juni pine for attention. It sounds terrible but what about rehoming Miley? Its only a suggestion of course but it seems to me she prefers being an only cat. Please don't take that the wrong way, its just another alternative to growing African Violets.

I would hate to have to live in the situation you are in now Sas.

Randi
07-15-2003, 04:50 PM
Oh no SAS, I'm so sorry to hear this news. :(

Just a thought, would it perhaps work if you got a tranquilizer for Ti? It might take the edge of his aggression until he and Miley hopefully could learn to get along. Our vet gave us 5 mg. Diazepam pills, which is similar to Valium/Stesolid for Fister and worked wonders on New Years Eve during the fireworks, and also when we had to get him into his carrier. Perhaps it would cool down Ti enough to not attacking poor Miley.

You do need a break - all of you!

Whatever you decide, good luck! :)

slick
07-15-2003, 04:58 PM
SAS, you are such a wonderful person. I would not have held out so long before making a decision. It's not only stressful on the kitties but stress can do really bad things on our bodies as well. Please know that I am in support of any decision you make and I'm sure all PT'ers will agree that you've done your best.

Hugs to you SAS!!

NoahsMommy
07-15-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by slick
SAS, you are such a wonderful person. I would not have held out so long before making a decision. It's not only stressful on the kitties but stress can do really bad things on our bodies as well. Please know that I am in support of any decision you make and I'm sure all PT'ers will agree that you've done your best.

Hugs to you SAS!!
I second this. I couldn't handle Oliver for more than a few weeks, I have no idea how you are staying sane for this long. :( If you need me for anything, please let me know.

Maybe Ti's breeder has some ideas?

sasvermont
07-15-2003, 08:14 PM
Miley is really acting strangely tonight. I gave her an ear of Gabe's old anti-anxiety medication. I hope it does the trick. I will call the Vet tomorrow, to ask about giving some drugs to both of them for awhile. I just have to try one more time. Maybe I should take the drugs!

I have checked Miley from head to toe and there doesn't seem to be any place on her that is damaged! I think she has had her spirit broken. Right now she is hiding in the bathtub area because I dragged her out of the bed clothes, since she was there all day.....

I have not heard from the nice Bengal breeder today, after emailing her earlier in the day, wanting to make arrangements to rehome Ti. I just know she will try to convince me to work it out....

Another day, another idea. I may just run out.

I have considered rehoming Miley, but of the two cats, Miley is my girl in my heart. I love big Ti Ti, but not like Miley girl. So, yes, I considered rehoming her, but not for long!

I would like a miracle, for sure!

Tomorrow is a new day.;)

lailamara
07-15-2003, 09:28 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid39/p5afaa04abc47d9394ac49b0e47e70ebf/fd068d41.jpg
This is the real Miley......irresistable!
Sas I know you never really thought seriously of rehoming Miley but I can understand the stress of the situation making you crazy !! Miley is your heart and also a link to sweet Graemer. For all your sakes I hope you get the answers you need to solve this dilemna so that everyone is happy and at peace or at least able to co-exist together.

Pam
07-15-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by lailamara
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid39/p5afaa04abc47d9394ac49b0e47e70ebf/fd068d41.jpg
This is the real Miley......irresistable!
Miley is your heart and also a link to sweet Graemer.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Whatever Miley's problem is she is your baby girl and Grammy Crackers' Lil Sis.

Thanks for posting that picture. It certainly is precious. I do hope that Miley will once again be happy at some point.

AmberLee
07-15-2003, 11:31 PM
Oh no, what a predicament.

I'll be praying for you and all your furry brood. So sad that it didn't work out for the three fur-kids together.... I am amazed at the patience you've shown in a TOUGH situation, SAS.

{{{hugs}}}

sasvermont
07-16-2003, 07:42 AM
I really thought about staying home from work today, to be with Miley. She slept right next to me all night, not moving a bit. She did hide in the covers when she heard Ti outside the bedroom door, meowing like he does. She looks so worn out and scared. I don't know what happened two days ago, on the futon, but there must have been a good battle. Things were running so smoothly, and Miley had built up quite a sense of confidence, then whammo, right back down.

I will let you guys know what I decide over the weekend.

Love and thanks,

SAS and her three brats!