PDA

View Full Version : what a bunch of BULL!!!

RICHARD
07-14-2003, 03:55 PM
It's that time of the year where the bulls run in
Pampalona, Spain.

the last few nights the news will blurb the
number of people hurt like this...

Four Americans were seriously injured in today's running of the bulls in Spain..

Are Americans the only ones stupid enough to run and get hurt?? Are there others that get hurt but not mentioned?? Or is it the bulls don't like Americans?

Just wondering......

lizbud
07-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Richard,

American press reports on American's injured.Nothing weird
about that. I'm sure the jackass's of the world come from all
countries. They deserve everything they get. Dumb macho jerks.
:D :D :D

babolaypo65
07-14-2003, 04:58 PM
It's funny, I was going to post about the running of the bulls. I'm tired of seeing the daily reports and seein bulls tripping falling, being stomped by other bulls. I'm sure it's not a great day for them either. The silly, silly people made the choice to get trampled. Nobody asked the bulls.

RICHARD
07-14-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
It's funny, I was going to post about the running of the bulls. I'm tired of seeing the daily reports and seein bulls tripping falling, being stomped by other bulls. I'm sure it's not a great day for them either. Silly, silly people.

HAHAHAHA
get out of MY head you mind reader you!!!

slick
07-14-2003, 05:48 PM
I've read about the event and could never figure out why someone would want to deliberately cause pain unto themselves by choosing to get trampled by bulls!

Me?? To quote my friend Jack "I'd rather stick needles in my eyes!"

Where's the beef???

RICHARD
07-14-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by slick

Me?? To quote my friend Jack "I'd rather stick needles in my eyes!"

LOLOLOLOLOLOOL....
one of my all time favorite movie quotes!

moosmom
07-14-2003, 07:24 PM
Running with the bulls must be a guy thing. So far I have never seen a woman running for her life in front of any bulls.

KYS
07-14-2003, 07:31 PM
moosmom:Running with the bulls must be a guy thing. So far I have never seen a woman running for her life in front of any bulls. >>>>>>

I wonder why that is? ;)

koxka
07-14-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Richard,
American press reports on American's injured.Nothing weird
about that. I'm sure the jackass's of the world come from all
countries. They deserve everything they get. Dumb macho jerks.
:D :D :D

That's it! ..but... foreingners are more prone to be wounded because they are novices. They think "got, seen, done" :rolleyes: and they don't know nothing about how to deal with bulls.
BTW, they are "vaquillas" if I recall it well, much more smaller than bulls.
and the runs are called "encierros"

Maybe you should blame Ernest HJemingway ? :D

It's funny, I was going to post about the running of the bulls. I'm tired of seeing the daily reports and seein bulls tripping falling, being stomped by other bulls. I'm sure it's not a great day for them either. The silly, silly people made the choice to get trampled. Nobody asked the bulls.

You are right! When a Torero is severely injured or even die. I can not say I'm happy, but it was a fight right? And in a fight you can loose or win.,so they asked for it.

Now for you american people.What's happen on the rodeos .Don't the cow have weirds things attached to their private parts to be more wild? Or I should say "painfull" Or in England , they have been hunting fox for centuries .A big bunch of hunters and dogs persecting a one single fox....more often than less leaving the cubs orfans :(

:D

babolaypo65
07-14-2003, 08:10 PM
sorry, sorry. I'll try to relocate. Promise.

Originally posted by RICHARD
HAHAHAHA
get out of MY head you mind reader you!!!

RICHARD
07-14-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by koxka

Maybe you should blame Ernest HJemingway ? :D

Now for you american people.What's happen on the rodeos .Don't the cow have weirds things attached to their private parts to be more wild? Or I should say "painfull"

we will blame ernest!

at american rodeos the belt that is put around the horse/bull doesn't touch his private parts, it is cinched around his belly, that makes the horse/bull jump. the animals jump to try and get the belt loosened. there are no spikes, nails or anything that will tear the animals skin!

the horses and bulls are treated very well, they are considered athletes, because if there is no bull, there is no rodeo!

when the bull or horses are retired they are bred to other bull or horses to make babies that will jump. the owners have to keep them healthy and in good shape because they will make money
selling horse/bull semen to other bull/horse breeders.

it does look cruel and like it does hurt the animals but, as in bullrunning, when a cowboy falls off the animal, the animal may just let the cowboy who is the boss!

a bull weighs just under 1,000 kilos, a cowboy 70 kilos????

the bigger animal usually wins!
:eek:

yes, we americans are novices when it comes to most things, but we do put on a show! lol

thanks!

IttyBittyKitty
07-14-2003, 09:10 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOOL....
one of my all time favorite movie quotes!

Why don't they run around the block a few time whilst someone jabs a needle in their bums? That way they save the fare to Spain and can spend it on more valuable things, like having themselves castrated so that they never, ever breed!

carole
07-14-2003, 11:29 PM
I don't feel sorry one little bit for those hurt, they deserve everything they get.
I think here they mentioned others hurt as well as the Americans.
It never ceases to amaze me how they think traumatising an animal is FUN. shame on them all.

Vio&Juni
07-15-2003, 08:24 AM

Are Americans the only ones stupid enough to run and get hurt?? Are there others that get hurt but not mentioned?? Or is it the bulls don't like Americans?

Just wondering......

For sure, you'll not hear about Moldovans participating at such event, although we cannot brag we're the most intelligent nation either :rolleyes:

I am really sorry for the bulls. And for the cows. And for the foxes (esp. for the foxes). And for the other innocent animals people use to make furrcoats out of their skin.

slick
07-15-2003, 12:17 PM
Heard on the radio on the way to work that they now have a "running of the buses" on the day after the "running of the bulls". Hmmm, I've run behind a bus before but never in front of it....

Gives a whole new meaning to the word "bus boy".

joycenalex
07-16-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by KYS
moosmom:Running with the bulls must be a guy thing. So far I have never seen a woman running for her life in front of any bulls. >>>>>>

I wonder why that is? ;)
my guess is that women already gamble with their lives by living with men that run with the bulls? or maybe smarter?:D

Cheshirekatt
07-18-2003, 07:48 PM
Hmmmm.....guys trying to outrun bulls several times larger than them. Sounds like natural selection to me......

:D

mugsy
07-18-2003, 09:27 PM
Yep, Social Darwinism at its best! lol