PDA

View Full Version : Check your food before you eat!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-14-2003, 01:31 PM
This is kind of on the Don't Drink Dole Thread. On the local news last night out of Kansas City, there was a story about a man who was eating chili at Windy's when he bite into something he knew wasn't beef. He spit it out. It was the head of a mouse. (brief pause here for everyone to lose lunch...)
He went into the restaurant to complain and got into a fight with the manager. The man threw a chair at the manager so the police were called. He was hauled off to jail but was taken by the hospital to have the chili analized (and probably his stomach pumped if he hadn't all ready hurled). Sure enough, there was some "unidentified" meat in the chili. I don't think I'm going to ever eat out again. Except at the Thursday's Bar, of course!

All this makes me wonder, don't restaurants wash their equipment right before the use it? We did when I worked in them. Besides the roaches in my V-8 juice (see the Dole thread), I've found mouse poo in rolls baked at what used to be a local grocery. They have since closed, thankfully!:eek:

GoldenRetrLuver
07-14-2003, 01:32 PM
~Gags~ :eek:

apcrs5122
07-14-2003, 01:36 PM
:eek: :eek: Nasty! I'm gagging right now! I live about 40 min away from Kansas City!!!! Yuck! I think I'll be taking a break from take out food for a while!

catland
07-14-2003, 01:41 PM
eewwww - of course I have to read this thread just as lunch time is around the corner (its 11:40am my time).

However, my kitties say that mouse heads are quite delicious.:p

Barbara
07-14-2003, 01:50 PM
Are you sure that this story is well documented. I heard it more than 30 years ago -that someone found a mouse in some conserves...
Modern legends: you need a brand and a mouse:(

primabella
07-14-2003, 02:02 PM
Gross! :p

My friend told me her and her father went to pick up this cake for her birthday at a pastry. They brought it home and then had some cake. She told me that they took a bite into it and found worms inside. They went back to the pastry and the manager refused to give a refund. Her dad started yelling saying it was his daughter's birthday and how the cake has ruined it. The manager called the police but my friend and her dad left while he was on the phone. I don't know if its true but it's pretty disgusting!!

My friend works at McDonalds and she tells me as much as the food is fattening and greasy, McDonalds is very clean. They have a bunch of rules like you can't touch the ketchup container and then the hamburger because there might be bacteria passed along ect... I hate McDonalds but at least you know that the food is clean. It's the meat they use is just terrible...:p

momoffuzzyfaces
07-14-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
Are you sure that this story is well documented. I heard it more than 30 years ago -that someone found a mouse in some conserves...
Modern legends: you need a brand and a mouse:( Well, the news crews showed the restaurant where it happened - and gave names - I just can't remember them, so I'd say it happened. Probably a law suit involved in here too plus police report.

Mice have a tendency to get into the darnedest places. Probably more than one has been found in awful places. One of my friends mother found one in the bottom of their flour barrel (way back in the days women did their own baking and flour was stored in wooden barrels). They didn't find it until the flour was almost gone. She said it was the best bread they had ever had. Go figure!:eek:

popcornbird
07-14-2003, 03:22 PM
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Ok, you did it! I'm never eating out again! :eek::eek::eek::o:o:o:eek::eek::eek::o:o:o

Sevens
07-14-2003, 03:31 PM
Wow, that does sound pretty gross.....darn, I USED to like eating at that restaraunt, now I don't think I'll go back for a while.

I don't know if anybody ever heard about this one, but it's kind of along the same lines of gross things found in food....

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/weekly/aa120600a.htm

binka_nugget
07-14-2003, 07:36 PM
No one can ever deprive me of my fast food! :rolleyes:

There have been lots of stories about people finding something yucky in mcdonalds food, wendy's food, subway's food..blahblahblah...I'm a finicky eater. I pick out all the little onions that I asked them to leave out...every little bit of lettuce...or sauce...I eat my hamburger's really weird. I guess, this way I'll find any potential rodent heads. ;)

Speaking of rodents...my mom found a mouse in a drawer once. She was cleaning out the drawers to see if we had any clothes that we grew out of and on the bottom was a mouse. A bit surprise for her I guess...

primabella
07-14-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
Speaking of rodents...my mom found a mouse in a drawer once. She was cleaning out the drawers to see if we had any clothes that we grew out of and on the bottom was a mouse. A bit surprise for her I guess...

lol
My dad opened the BBQ one day and a rat jumped out. He freaked out. lol I don't know where the thing went though. Also, a long time ago there was a rat going around and through the sewers in my area. My dad and neighbor saw it once and were chasing after it with brooms. lol :p

binka_nugget
07-14-2003, 07:58 PM
LOL! Haha I can see myself chasing a rat with a broom. Funny image. I want a rattie though. My mom thinks all rodents are evil therefore, I'm not allowed anything that is even close to resembling a rat. Not even a hamster...grrr

IttyBittyKitty
07-14-2003, 09:14 PM
I *am* eating my lunch right now, it is 12:13 p.m.!

EWWWWWWWW!!!

Thank GOD I am a vegitarian!

My best friend from highschool was eating a chicken burger from KFC once. She bit into a TUMOUR and PUS went everywhere!

GROSS!!!!!!!!!!

I will go back to eating my cheese n alfalfa sandwich ... although I'm feelin' a bit queasy....:(

jonza
07-15-2003, 07:14 AM
OK, this is the Dog House isn’t it? (I'd better just check).

True story.

In 1952, a group of Maroccan medical students were out together eating at a local restaurant. Picking through the soup, one of them found what he swore was a bit of a human penis. The others agreed, so they all trouped off down to the local police station with the evidence.
The police, of course, tried to throw them out and took it for a typical student practical joke. But they kept on insisting, and since they were after all medical students, the police went down and checked out the restaurant. Sure enough, they had been serving human remains in their soup (and probably other dishes)!
I don’t know the outcome of it, but I bet the restaurant didn’t stay open very long after that.

As they say in the country famous for eating frogs: “Bon Appetit”!

john

Logan
07-15-2003, 09:50 AM
You guys are making me feel like I NEVER want to eat out again!!! LOL!!!!

John, you were definitely correct. That belongs in the dog house!!! YUCK!!!!! :eek:

gini
07-15-2003, 11:02 AM
What is it about Kansas? I just read yesterday on the internet that a man had rented a motel room in Kansas. He kept going back to the office to complain that his room had a bad odor.
Management checked it out and said it may smell a little musty.

After three days the man could not take it anymore, so he checked out.

Management went into the room and under the platform bed and under the mattress was a dead body.

So now you can't eat or sleep in Kansas.

iceyshiver21
07-15-2003, 11:22 AM
Are you all out to make people like me just alittle MORE Paranoid??????:eek: :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-15-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by gini
What is it about Kansas?

So now you can't eat or sleep in Kansas. We're still chowin' down fine here in Kansas! We are just learning to look before we eat. Actually, the mousie restaurant may have been in Kansas City, MISSOURI! The two cities are just seperated by a river and news casters don't often tell which state they are referring to. They didn't in the mousie storie at least not that I remember hearing. I never visit motels so am not real worried about bodies under the bed. I check under it often for monsters anyway!:eek: :D

gini
07-15-2003, 12:59 PM
I stand, (or sit) corrected!

I went back to check on the article from yesterday. You are absolutely correct......it is Kansas City, MISSOURI

Phew, what a relief!:D :D

And I am glad to hear that you are "chowing down" just as well as always.:) :)

CathyBogart
07-15-2003, 01:00 PM
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/friedrat.htm