PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone up for another Pet Gift Swap??

Tina
07-14-2003, 11:51 AM
I've had a few request about having another Pet Gift Swap. I was wondering if anyone else here would be interested?

What is a Pet Gift Swap you ask?? It is where you get another members name and you get a gift for their pet. The maxium price to spend is $15 but you may go over if you wish. And any homemade gifts are welcome also. You can also get a gift for the person as well.

This time I'd like to get at least 16 or more people to join in. Since it is summer we can have like a summer theme going on.

Soon as I can some more details of what we want to do I will post them. If I don't get any responses about the swap. Then I will just cancel the swap.

Let me know what you think?

Here is the link to the last Pet Gift Swap Pet Gift Swap (http://207.44.135.130/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20548&highlight=Pet+Gift+Swap)

If you are interested you can either PM me or just post here.

ScantyNebula
07-14-2003, 12:30 PM
I'm definetely up for it! Sounds like fun :D

07-14-2003, 12:32 PM
I joined the first time, and I am interested again!! it was so much fun buying some gifts; and opening the gift-package was great fun too!

HayleyRosie
07-14-2003, 12:34 PM
You know I'm in!

slick
07-14-2003, 12:36 PM
I did not participate in the last one but would like to come aboard for this one. I'm not a good gift-buyer though and I'm just afraid I'll end up sending something useless......

ramanth
07-14-2003, 12:42 PM
I missed the last swap and would love to participate! :D

aly
07-14-2003, 12:45 PM
I would love to do it also, but have the same worry as slick. I'm afraid I'll send someone stuff that they'll hate :o

Tina
07-14-2003, 12:51 PM
Ok to make you feel better. We will have a questionare before you get a members name. That away you will know what they like and such. And what their pets like.

NoahsMommy
07-14-2003, 12:52 PM
I missed the last one too, but I'd like to participate in this one. :)

robinh
07-14-2003, 12:54 PM
I PM'd you Tina - I'm in. The stuff we got on the last one was great! And it was so much fun shopping for the furkids.

I will admit that some of our stuff was attacked by the young ones and have since met their fate - gone to the big toyland in the sky! But they had a great time with them in the meantime. The two young ones are really terrible about shredding toys!

They also got treats - wow were those popular! Couldn't walk by the microwave (they were sitting on top of it) without being mobbed!!

:D

ScantyNebula
07-14-2003, 12:56 PM
looks like we'll have a lot of participants for this .. how exciting! :D

Tina
07-14-2003, 12:57 PM
Robin I got your PM. :)

Yep, looks like we may just get enough people to join this time:D

slick
07-14-2003, 01:02 PM
And another thing:

- my cats don't play with toys anymore
- my cats don't even eat cat treats
and
- catnip doesn't seem to turn their crank anymore

so

I'd like to buy for someone else, but no point in buying for my furkids.....

zippy-kat
07-14-2003, 01:05 PM
I think the questionaire is a GOOD idea! Who will put it together? I'd like to help with that (if help is needed, that is).

Do you guys have an approximate "mail-off" date?

I need to know that before I can give a definite yes (I'm moving soon). I am interested though!

iceyshiver21
07-14-2003, 01:11 PM
If I had more money I would participate...to bad im broke..:( :D

RubyMutt
07-14-2003, 01:21 PM
I wasn't around for the first one, but I would love to participate in this one!! :D

HayleyRosie
07-14-2003, 01:28 PM
The person that gets your name can buy something for you! We can buy gifts for people as well.

Originally posted by slick
And another thing:

- my cats don't play with toys anymore
- my cats don't even eat cat treats
and
- catnip doesn't seem to turn their crank anymore

so

I'd like to buy for someone else, but no point in buying for my furkids.....

Tina
07-14-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
I think the questionaire is a GOOD idea! Who will put it together? I'd like to help with that (if help is needed, that is).

Do you guys have an approximate "mail-off" date?

I need to know that before I can give a definite yes (I'm moving soon). I am interested though!

HayleyRosie and I are organizing if you would like like to help then that would be great. We don't have a "mail-off date" just yet. How soon are you moving? So we can get a general idea here.

PayItForward
07-14-2003, 01:37 PM
Is England too far away to join ?

(I have no idea about delivery costs)

Cookiebaker
07-14-2003, 01:39 PM
The first one was SO much fun! I would definitely like to be in again, too! :)

Tina
07-14-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward

(I have no idea about delivery costs)

You are more then welcome to join also:D

Tina
07-14-2003, 01:49 PM
slick- looks like Hayley Rosie answered your post:D

Who ever gets your name or anyone else's name. Could get you something animal related. Like a mug,shirt,stuff animal, a figurine,stationary, etc... the list could go on.

tomkatzid
07-14-2003, 01:56 PM
Ashlee, Nina and Kelcee say they want to get it on it too. So count us "IN".:D :D

anna_66
07-14-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
I missed the last swap and would love to participate! :D

Same here!

Tina
07-14-2003, 02:04 PM
Ok we have the dates set. The deadline to join is this Friday until Sunday (18th thru the 20th) Sunday being the latest.

And the set date to send out gifts is July 26st- July 30th. You may send them out earlier if you have the gifts bought before then. That should give everyone a week to shop at least. And we should have the questionare out by the 21st and you should have your members name maybe the same day or least the 22nd.

If you have any problems just PM me or HayleyRosie or you can post them here.

iceyshiver21
07-14-2003, 02:10 PM
OMG!! I just got the best idea!! Maybe I can join after all..Just have to ask my mommy.

aly
07-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I'm actually going to have to back out :( I jumped in too soon. I would really like to do it, but I am spending all my money on my fosters, Skylar's neuter, Peka's vet bills (she's not doing good at all), etc. Maybe next time I'll have some extra money.

Hope you all love your presents and post lots of pics of them :)

lovemyshiba
07-14-2003, 02:24 PM
Aly, sorry to hear about Peka:(

I would love to participate!!! I missed the last one too, and I was just looking at the old thread, wondering when we could do another one!!!!!

Question: Do you try to match up dog owners with other dog owners and cat owners with other cat owners?? I'm just curious, because I haven't a clue what to buy a cat, it would be best for me to buy for a dog--but if I have to I will:)

07-14-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward

of course it is not!! I am from belgium, and I received some superb thingies from Canada last time (he he, thanks Naomi!!)
like this picture-thing here:
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/kader%20naomi%202.jpg

Tonya
07-14-2003, 02:40 PM
I'd love to!

Tina
07-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Aly, sorry to hear about Peka:(

I would love to participate!!! I missed the last one too, and I was just looking at the old thread, wondering when we could do another one!!!!!

Question: Do you try to match up dog owners with other dog owners and cat owners with other cat owners?? I'm just curious, because I haven't a clue what to buy a cat, it would be best for me to buy for a dog--but if I have to I will:)

If you want to be paired up with a person that has a dog/dogs only then we can do that. :)

ScantyNebula
07-14-2003, 02:51 PM
Hi Tina, do you think its possible to have the questionaires and pairs set up before the 22nd? .. I am going to be going home very soon after that and it won't leave me much time to go gift shopping :( Anyway .. if you can see what you can do i would appreciate it .. ;)

slick
07-14-2003, 02:57 PM
Sounds fine, but I'm tied up with volunteer work this weekend (19th & 20th) so cannot do any shopping until 26th and can't get it mailed until Aug 1st. I work full-time and can't get to a post office during the week.

I don't mind who I'm paired with, I love shopping for dogs and cats. However, I've never shopped for birds, gerbies, rats or any other rodents so would not feel confident that I would get the appropriate toy.

Tina
07-14-2003, 03:01 PM
Ok how about this 18th Friday will be the deadline to sign up but we may let people sign up on the 19th. We will start getting the questionare's out by the 19th and 20th. And we should start giving out the members names on the 20th and 21st. Maybe get the names out by 19th depends when everyone gets their questionare's back in.

Tina
07-14-2003, 03:02 PM
Sounds fine, but I'm tied up with volunteer work this weekend (19th & 20th) so cannot do any shopping until 26th and can't get it mailed until Aug 1st. I work full-time and can't get to a post office during the week.

I don't mind who I'm paired with, I love shopping for dogs and cats. However, I've never shopped for birds, gerbies, rats or any other rodents so would not feel confident that I would get the appropriate toy.

Ok, that is fine:)

Uabassoon
07-14-2003, 03:03 PM
I would love to participate too.

PayItForward
07-14-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Tina
You are more then welcome to join also:D
Yeah. Thankyou

ScantyNebula
07-14-2003, 03:24 PM
K that sounds good .. should give me more time :)

slick
07-14-2003, 03:37 PM
Too bad Richard isn't in on this yet......me thinks he needs new pair of bike shorts......

jenluckenbach
07-14-2003, 03:44 PM
Please count me in. And I kind of agree with this, but in reverse:

Question: Do you try to match up dog owners with other dog owners and cat owners with other cat owners?? I'm just curious, because I haven't a clue what to buy a cat, it would be best for me to buy for a dog--but if I have to I will

Tina
07-14-2003, 04:33 PM
Jen yeah I can try and pair you up with a person has only cats.

Either HayleyRosie(Rosemary) or I will be making a post on Friday for a final head cound. So that everyone can make their minds up about joining. Looks like we have a good number of people interested.

lovemyshiba
07-14-2003, 04:41 PM
Too bad Richard isn't in on this yet......me thinks he needs new pair of bike shorts......

lololololol

I think we should send him some anyway!!!:D :D

wolfsoul
07-14-2003, 05:06 PM
I'd love to join! Unfortunatly I don't have much money, so I hope no one thinks I'm a cheapo if I give them a homeade gift or something small and *cough* worthless. :o

When can we see the questionaire?

zippy-kat
07-14-2003, 05:18 PM
Sounds good to me, I'm in!

Karen
07-14-2003, 05:22 PM
Me, too!

Tina
07-14-2003, 05:25 PM
I'd love to join! Unfortunatly I don't have much money, so I hope no one thinks I'm a cheapo if I give them a homeade gift or something small and *cough* worthless. When can we see the questionaire?

You are not worthless and no is going think that. Like I said before homemade gifts are welcome also:)

You will get to see the questionaire probably not until Friday.

slick
07-14-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
I'd love to join! Unfortunatly I don't have much money, so I hope no one thinks I'm a cheapo if I give them a homeade gift or something small and *cough* worthless.
Wolfsoul: I think giving homemade gifts is wonderful and shows that you've put some thought into it. I only wish I had the talent to make something. It's not the monetary value that counts, it's the heart and soul that goes into the gift, homemade or otherwise.

wolfsoul
07-14-2003, 05:38 PM
Thanks :) I'm glad that homemade gifts are okay, I have little money. :D I might be able to buy something cheaper though (If I don't go to petcetera!! Expensive!!)

How do we know who we are giving the gift to?

Tina
07-14-2003, 06:14 PM
HayleyRosie and I will be giving you the names after everyone gets their questionaire back in.

CathyBogart
07-14-2003, 07:09 PM
Ooh ooh! I want to join up too! Getting massive discounts at work is fun!! ^.^

jenluckenbach
07-14-2003, 07:11 PM
WolfChan.....do NOT send me a scorpion.......hee hee:D :D :p :p

CathyBogart
07-14-2003, 07:17 PM
LoL, no worries!! I'm not about to pick up those cups...

HayleyRosie
07-15-2003, 06:09 AM
It looks like we have a lot of people interested. Hopefully some more people will join today.

HayleyRosie
07-15-2003, 08:07 AM
I think we have over 20 people that want to take part. This should be a great Pet Gift Swap.

Logan
07-15-2003, 08:30 AM
Please count me in!!! :) I didn't get to play last time and I'm looking forward to it.

Tina
07-15-2003, 09:18 AM
Do you think we should start another post? So we know for sure you wants to join? Or should we just wait?

It does look like we are getting a good number of people that wants to join.

RubyMutt
07-15-2003, 09:44 AM
I think that would be a good idea. Maybe we should make a list or something :confused: This is a lot of people! :D

Tina
07-15-2003, 09:48 AM
Thats what I'm think making another post. So we know who wants to join for sure.

HayleyRosie
07-15-2003, 09:48 AM
This is a list of people I have taken from this post.

Tina
HayleyRosie
ScantyNebula
Lut
Slick
ramanth
NoahsMommy
robinh
Zippy-Kat
Rubymutt
Cookiebaker
tomkatzid
anna_66
lovemyshiba
Tonya
Uabassoon
PayItForward
Jenluckenbach
Wolfsoul
Karen
Wolfchan
Logan

Did I leave anyone out?

allanimalswelcome
07-15-2003, 11:08 AM
*Sigh* I wish I could join but my mother would freak out. She doesn't approve of giving out your address online. While annoying it is for my safety.

Maybe next year:)

Hope everyone has tons of fun!

~Rachel~

luckies4me
07-15-2003, 12:26 PM
I would LOVE to join! I was going to do the last one, but our PM's got mixed up. Please count me in for this one though. I can go shopping today even, hehe.

YAY! Petsmart Shopping Spree!:D :D :D

ChloeLove
07-16-2003, 08:19 PM
I'd love to do it! But, I think I could be too young or whatever if there's an age thing. :o

Tina
07-16-2003, 08:25 PM
There is no age limit for the gift swap. But you should ask your parents first.