PDA

View Full Version : The most horrible news ever!!! I think I'm gonna cry

Aspen and Misty
07-14-2003, 12:50 AM
This is going ot sound sooo stupid but anyway.

My hair is tangled, I mean completly knotted, so bad that when you take the pony tail holder out you can't even tell, it still looks like I have a pony tail holder in to hold it in a bun position. :( It got liek this cause I went swimming at my friends pool and I came home took a shower and brushed my hair out, chlorine does awfull thing ot my hair and I couldn't get all the knotts out and was doing more harm then good so I deced to wait till my dad came home. Well then I went swimming the next day came home took a shower and got most of the knotts out of my hair, I again frogot to ask my dad to help me with it and it's now been like 3 days and my hair is awfull.

Were going to my hair stylest tomrrow for an emergency apointment I'm gonna have to chop it all off! :( I have been having my hair pulled on for almost 4 hours now!! We started at 10:30 and it's now 1:52. We're sure were gonna have to schop it all off All of but about 3 to 4 inches of it, I can't beleave it, I love my hair long I don't want short hair. :( I think I'm gonna cry, I don't want short hair, I want long hair, I want my long hair back!

:(

popcornbird
07-14-2003, 01:06 AM
Uh oh! OH NO!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:( I know exactly how you feel! I would NEVER want to cut my hair short! I love it long. Oh no poor poor Ashley! :( I don't get it though? How'd it get THAT tangled? :confused: Is your hair curly? I think its harder to get tangles out of curly hair then straight. I'm so so sorry! Is your mom around? I think mom's would be better on such things than dads. :o Try your best to untangle it, but if you can't, I'm afraid you'll have to cut it short. :(:( So sorry. :( On the good note, it will grow back long, although it might take a year or two, maybe more to grow the the length you have it now. :o

Just a suggestion. Tell your dad to rub olive oil in your hair, or any oil. It will make it slippery and it just *might* help unknot it. I hope it will help.

Aspen and Misty
07-14-2003, 01:10 AM
My sister tried, my dad tried my older brother tried (lol).

Nothing helps :( My mom is sleeping and didn't want to get up.

My hair grows extremly fast, I figure it will be shoulder length again in a year. ::PRAYS::

Yea my hair is Curly. The reson it got That tangled is because I put it up in a bun while Knotted so it knotted itself together. It's so disguisting, I feel so nasty with it on my head. I'll be so happy to have ti gone but I don't want to loose my hair :(

I'm gonna go crawl into bed and cry and pray tomrrow doesn't come...

Ash :(

Tonya
07-14-2003, 02:06 AM
I'm sorry to hear that! There's lots of cute short cuts though. You can't coat it with a bunch of conditioner or baby oil and try getting the knots out that way? It'll grow back and be twice as healthy at least.

CathyBogart
07-14-2003, 02:07 AM
You never know...I miss my short hair. If only Brian didn't so adore it longer I'd chop it off....

Tonya
07-14-2003, 02:32 AM
lol, I hear you Wolf! I had a short A-line forever. I loved my hair that way, but my husband likes it long.

puppygrrl4eva7
07-14-2003, 08:20 AM
Put TONS of conditioner in it you may be able to comb through it

zippy-kat
07-14-2003, 08:28 AM
Never under estimate the power of a good detangler, an awesome conditioner, and an experienced beautician!

(PS If your stylist has any, pick up a bottle of Sunglitz Repair and Shine --smells yummy and detangles!)

bluekat
07-14-2003, 08:47 AM
Try lots of detangler and conditioner! It might work.
I know how you feel, my hair is long too, it used to be past my shoulders about 3 inches. Then I got a haircut, and it went a little above my shoulders, and I looked so different. Because of the style. I hated it, and now its back to normal.

Airedalekisses
07-14-2003, 08:52 AM
You poor baby, I have ridiculously curly hair-so I know the problem-to top it off it's stark white so chlorine turns it green. Get some John Frieda frizz ease shampoo and serum- wash your hair about three times don't scrub just gently squeeze it through-then put a ton of the serum on and gently comb through first with your hands and a wide toothed comb-let dry naturally. my hair is mid back length and I'm not going to cut it! hope that helps-sometimes hairdressers are scissor happy!!:D

iceyshiver21
07-14-2003, 10:19 AM
I had that happen once!! It sucks! I just brushed and brushed and brushed.

aly
07-14-2003, 10:36 AM
Ash, try not to worry. I'm sure the stylist can work with your hair and you will be happy with the results. Even if you have to get it cut, there's nothing wrong with short hair and I'm sure you'll like the change. If you don't, you can always grow it back.

I had hair down almost to my butt in high school, then cut it to just above my shoulders when I started college. I was scared to death but I LOVED IT after I did it! Don't let anyone scare you, short hair is just fine! I now keep my hair just around my shoulders.

Aspen and Misty
07-14-2003, 11:55 AM
Thanx guys, you really made me feel better.

We used 4 bottles of Untangler and 2 bottles of un de-tangler shampoo :( we tried putting TONS of conditoner in there and trying to get it to come loose but it wont! Ughh! :(

I don't personally like short hair, I dunno, never have. I know some people look very very pretty with it but I don't think I ever want my hair to be short. But I was talking it over with myself last night and if thats what we gotta do then thats what we gotta do. I have an apointment for tomrrow mornign at 11. I'll tell and show you guys what happenes.

:( Ash

CathyBogart
07-14-2003, 01:26 PM
So what happened?? :)

PayItForward
07-14-2003, 01:39 PM
Hopeing everything went well at the hairdressers.

NYCbabi 13002
07-14-2003, 02:02 PM
Oh my that's terrible :( . I had a similar situation (sort of) when I was 6 or so, I cut all my hair off and I looked like a little wacko girl for about 2 months, then it looked normal LOL. My mother took about 5 strands of the hair I had cut off and preserved it in a little french message box. That says :Meches which means Wicks in French :confused: I don't know why it says Wicks on the top of the precious thing when it has HAIR that is like 14 years old!!

jenluckenbach
07-14-2003, 03:52 PM
Here is hoping that the stylist can untangle your hair. I do not wish to see you have to cut it off.
If she can I have a suggestion for the future. Braid it and then tie it up (or let it down). My hair is just like yours and when it was long (just like yours) it was difficult. I would ALWAYS braid it and pin it up. It would not tangle this way.

popcornbird
07-14-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Here is hoping that the stylist can untangle your hair. I do not wish to see you have to cut it off.
If she can I have a suggestion for the future. Braid it and then tie it up (or let it down). My hair is just like yours and when it was long (just like yours) it was difficult. I would ALWAYS braid it and pin it up. It would not tangle this way.

Yeah, that's what I do. My hair's long so I keep it braided. It keeps it from getting tangled or breaking.

Aspen and Misty
07-14-2003, 07:04 PM
Thanx everyone!

My apointment is tomrrow at 11.

You guys have made me feel so much better about this. My mom and my sister just keep making me feel worse, my mom is praticlly in tears everytime I see her and my sister is like your not gonna have any hair left :(

::sigh:: I hear bald is in this seson?

Ash

Uabassoon
07-14-2003, 07:16 PM
::sigh:: I hear bald is in this seson?

Bald is always a great look. I gave myself a buzz cut yesterday. So if it makes you feel any better at least you won't have the shortest hair here on Pet Talk.

Karen
07-14-2003, 07:53 PM
Ash, your hair will look lovely whatever the length - curly hair has that advantage! I bet the hairstylist will be able to get the knots out. When I was a kid, I had long, fine, straight (read that snarles at the drop of a hat) hair that I wasn't very patient good brushing as often as I should. It would get "rat's nests" that were pretty spectacular. But my friend Caroline, who wanted to be a hairdresser when she grew up, would delight in untabgling them. We'd sit and chat while she worked, and before tooooo long had passed, one could comb through my hair again!

And she DID become a hairstylist, but last I knew she lived in Maine - a little far away for you!

Aspen and Misty
07-14-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Karen

And she DID become a hairstylist, but last I knew she lived in Maine - a little far away for you!

Hmm, I've been wanting to go away on a vaction. ;)

Ubassoon- LOL. Thanx, I'll keep that in mind tomrrow ;)

Thanx Karen for the kind words, I just pray it looks good ::gulp:: it's almost tomrrow!

Ash

krazyaboutkatz
07-14-2003, 11:46 PM
When I was a young girl, I got bubble gum stuck in my hair. My Mom couldn't get it out so I had to go and have it cut out. :( I didn't like my new hair cut at the time but grew to like it. At least hair will grow back. I sure hope that everything goes well tomorrow. :) BTW I also have naturally curly hair that becomes easily tangled.

Aspen and Misty
07-15-2003, 12:03 PM
IT'S SO SHORT ::CRYS::

She's not done with it yet. We had to come home cause it's going to take another apointment to get it all done. So, we are headign back now ::sigh:: I'll take pictures of my hair when I get back.

Ash

Aspen and Misty
07-15-2003, 02:02 PM
I LOOK LIKE A BOY ::cries::

I didn't cry during the apointment. And I even smilled when I saw it. Novie still reconizes me, I wonder if the rats and Julian will. I look like a boy! When I swing my head theres no hair to hit in me in the eyes and make me go blind for a few second! I want my hair back, I don't like it short.

::sigh:: I got pictures for you to look at. I even got a reward for being so good, my knotted hair. You all can see the knott that no one can get out.

Try not to scream when you see the knott...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/pa80220f31436334d40c4ca3ef6223800/fba9f600.jpg
There is nothing holding that together!

The hair from the side
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p0e85d41db14ccd09dccb7b44cdc08471/fba9f5fa.jpg

Now...tiem for some pictures of me :(
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p416305ea2c1686f0d6c8cc9cf8218a7a/fba9f5ea.jpg

A side view
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/pe297a87ee57090d7d294e983022b9815/fba9f5db.jpg

An up close of the side...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p8235d173a983fe721276cf3170aefd50/fba9f5e1.jpg

And the back
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p3130da89f26bfcf3dc2e24d84f6cc831/fba9f5e4.jpg

And another front view, thats the best smile I've had all day..
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p5a8436f925ec4e4fd0337663d1eb9c31/fba9f33e.jpg

:( Ash :(

GoldenRetrLuver
07-15-2003, 02:05 PM
Aww...it doesnt look that bad! :)

jenluckenbach
07-15-2003, 03:23 PM
I am so sorry that they could not fix your hair.:( I think it looks good, but I know it is not what you wanted. You will find that even though you want the long hair back, your new short hair will not only be easy but cool and comfortable.

popcornbird
07-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Awwwwwwww. :(:(:( I'm so sorry they had to cut it. :( Remember that it will grow back hopefully very soon, so just a few months of sadness, and then you'll start to see your hair coming back. :) I know how you feel. I would cry if I had to cut my hair that short. :( Your hair was so pretty long, but it will come back soon, so don't worry. Next time take good care of it to prevent it from tangling so bad. :p

Aspen and Misty
07-15-2003, 03:45 PM
iI kind like it now! I took a shower and styled it with Gell that way I wanted it. And I also got over the schock from having nor hair at all, LOL! Its LOADS of fun to wash in the shower, I can take like 10 mins showers now instead of the usual half hour ones! :D I am so exited! LOL I think I cna live with this for now! I do miss my long hair, but I'm kinda scared to grow it long again, it might tangle. So for now its short, and I'm liking it. Not lovign it yet, but I like it.

Ash

robinh
07-15-2003, 03:46 PM
I'm so sorry about what happened. :( And I know this is not what you want to hear, but what I will say is it's a great haircut and you look really cute in it!

I know we all tend to find something about ourselves that we wish we could change and I would love to have your curly hair. Mine is string straight. I keep it shorter (first - because I'm a lot older than you) but mostly because it won't hold curl most of the time and when it's humid it just goes limp.

NoahsMommy
07-15-2003, 03:47 PM
Oh my gosh!! I think its CUTE!!!!

Do you know how to straighten your hair with a brush and a blow dryer (or, better yet, a flat iron)? Your hair is cute now, you could totally put cute barrettes in your hair! But, if you wanted it straight, you could do even more!

Did your hair stylist teach you how to do it?

I had long hair all my life until after our wedding two years ago. I love my hair short...its much more fun and playful. :)

Aspen and Misty
07-15-2003, 04:11 PM
I LOVE my curly hair. My hair is gone straight with just a half hour of blow drying. I love my hair, it's the best! Nope, I have never used a iron on my hair, I like the blowdryer and it only takes abotu a half hour which is not bad at all!

No my hair stylist never taught me how to style the hair. I just styled it myself and I love it this way. I know my ssiter will hate it but I personalyl think its adorable!

O we baught some clips so I can play with my hair! I'm havin the best time! LOL :rolleyes:

So maybe this isn't THAT bad after all! LOL

Ash

catland
07-15-2003, 05:23 PM
I can remember how my hair would tangle in back when it was longer. My hair is above my shoulders now and I definately don't miss the tangles.

Your hair turned out really cute. If you wear makeup or earrings, this is the time to try something new:)

CathyBogart
07-15-2003, 05:44 PM
You know, I think it looks really good! You have really pretty hair!! I got a knot in mine like that once....it was like the mats that Wilbur had when we got him! It had to be cut out too. :(

I'm glad you're enjoying it short. Even if it's not really what you want, make it fun while oyu have it and your long hair will be back before you know it! ^.^

anna_66
07-15-2003, 05:49 PM
I think you look adorable with your new hairdo!

See here you were all worried about loosing your hair & it sounds like your already having fun trying new styles! I'm so glad your starting to like it:D

micki76
07-15-2003, 06:29 PM
Glad you're liking it! :D I think it's very cute. I've always wanted short hair, but I'm too chicken to cut it. How 'bout some more pics now that you've played with it some?

NoahsMommy
07-15-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
I LOVE my curly hair. My hair is gone straight with just a half hour of blow drying. I love my hair, it's the best! Nope, I have never used a iron on my hair, I like the blowdryer and it only takes abotu a half hour which is not bad at all!

No my hair stylist never taught me how to style the hair. I just styled it myself and I love it this way. I know my ssiter will hate it but I personalyl think its adorable!

O we baught some clips so I can play with my hair! I'm havin the best time! LOL :rolleyes:

So maybe this isn't THAT bad after all! LOL

Ash
Great!!! I'm so glad you like it now. Going from long to short is VERY scary...its kind of something to hide behind. :)

krazyaboutkatz
07-15-2003, 10:44 PM
I'm sorry that you had to have your hair cut short but I think you look adorable with the new hair cut. :) I'm also glad that you like it. You'll feel much cooler this summer. You may even learn to love it so much that you won't want to grow your hair long again. :)

Aspen and Misty
07-15-2003, 11:41 PM
I lvoe how easy it is to take care of!

I got soem more pics! There of me and Peaches (my MAYBE soon to be new daughter) and then me and Huney.

Me and Peachy
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p5c66f7687ed38c399831e52ca0217ee9/fba8d584.jpg

Us again
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p40af298317a64710dc4ddd08be3cd4c1/fba8d581.jpg

And us again, LOL
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/pe73eec97fe506253a192e0e698535eef/fba8d57f.jpg

And me and Huney
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p763d039fe318702aec0564d2330d4b8d/fba8d57b.jpg

I just love the hair, It's grown on me, I mean of course it's grown on me but I mean, I dunno, I like it more then I did then :rolleyes:

Ash

RubyMutt
07-16-2003, 12:36 AM
It does look very cute!! :D I'm glad to hear that you like the short cut now :)

I love that first pic of you & Peaches! So cute!! :D