PDA

View Full Version : Harry potter and the order of phenoix

CamCamPup33
07-13-2003, 05:14 PM
did anyone finish it? i just finished it today! it was sooo good.. lol i just cant wait till the next one.. but one whole year!! :( ughh it was great! whats the opionions of those who are reading it and or finished it?

binka_nugget
07-13-2003, 05:19 PM
My opinion..hmm....anyone who's read it...please...don't ruin it lol...keep that blabber mouth shut! :D

I'll have to force myself to read alot of it tonight.

RubyMutt
07-13-2003, 05:59 PM
I'm still working on it. :o I'm about half way through, but I don't get many opportunities to sit down and read.

puppygrrl4eva7
07-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Ack I sooo want to read it but I'm currently rereading the entire series! I read them all in the fourth grade but I read the fourth book In 5th grade and I'm now entering 8th so my memory needs refreshing ugg But I wish I could just skip to the next book:rolleyes:

CamCamPup33
07-13-2003, 06:19 PM
does anyone know how many there will be?

puppygrrl4eva7
07-13-2003, 09:16 PM
Yes (I read her Biography In 6th grade) she has said she will write 7 books, because there is seven grades or years at hogwarts. Did you know she started writing the First Harry Potter In 1990?:eek: and she has a daughter named Jessica( I'm pretty sure). And also when They started working on the first movie Stephen Speilburg was originally supposed to direct the movie but he wanted to make the film more "american" and even considered Hayley Joel Osment (sp?) to play Harry. Stephen and J.K. Disagreed so he quit and Chris Columbus took over. Just thought I'd put in a few tidbits I've learned from the Biography :D

CamCamPup33
07-13-2003, 09:36 PM
:( :( only 7??!! im pretty sure i know what will happen at the end ;) :p

binka_nugget
07-13-2003, 09:38 PM
yep puppygrrl4eva7 pretty much hit the bullseye. She said there will definately be 7 books but she may consider an 8th.

kingrattus
07-13-2003, 09:56 PM
My meanie of a father wont give me my copy of the book!!!!!

CamCamPup33
07-13-2003, 09:56 PM
lol why?

kingrattus
07-13-2003, 10:04 PM
I don't know, maybe he'll tell u. hehehe... he knows I'm not too happy about it though.. I'm starting to wonder if hes gonna give it to me as a gift this sat, cause I have mt drivers test on thur to get my G2!!!

bluekat
07-14-2003, 08:51 AM
I finished the book I think 2 weeks ago! It was soooooooo good!:D :D :D The best book I ever read. I can't wait until the next one either, and the seventh.
But after the seventh book......:( I wish that she could keep on writing more.

ramanth
07-14-2003, 09:34 AM
I enjoyed it very much but my fave of the series so far is Prisioner of Azkaban. :)

CamCamPup33
07-14-2003, 10:10 AM
i think my fave would have to be the 5th and the 4th...

puppygrrl4eva7
07-14-2003, 12:42 PM
I have my predictions and I am going to share them so if you don't want to read them just skip my post I don't want anyone to be mad at me so Here are my predictions for the 5th book since i haven't read it yet

Since J.K. said someone dies.... I think it will be either Dumbledore( since the actor of him died in real life) or Hagrid (don't ask me why)

Since she said Harry will find Romance......... I think it will be Ginny lol shes always liked him or maybe Hermione

apcrs5122
07-14-2003, 12:48 PM
I read it and finished it a little while ago and LOVED it SOOOO much!!!!! I'm not going to tell about it. I know, I can't wait for the next one, but did you know that J.K. is going to have another baby?? Than may put the writing of the next book back even farther!!!!:( :( I read the books too fast; this is the only time I wish I read slower!:D

GoldenRetrLuver
07-14-2003, 01:41 PM
Im still reading it! Its great so far! My fav still is the "Chamber of Secrets" Hehe...:D :)

puppygrrl4eva7
07-14-2003, 01:45 PM
Im still reading it! Its great so far! My fav still is the "Chamber of Secrets" Hehe...

lol That reminds me when I first started reading them my brothers would tease me and say " Go read Harry Potter and the Potty Chamber" lol my brothers are soo annoying:p :rolleyes:

puppygrrl4eva7
08-04-2003, 01:24 PM
I'm re-reading the whole seiries so far (so I can remember what has happened):rolleyes:. Opps I hadn't been reading in like 2 months but I caught up and I'm now in the middle of the fourth book! Yay I'll be on to the Order Of the Phonex. But I sorta want to not read it for a while just so I don't have to wait forever till the next one comes out:p

allanimalswelcome
08-04-2003, 01:25 PM
I finished and loved it!

Before Harry seemed kind of mellow but in this book he really is getting angry!

~Rachel

CathyBogart
08-04-2003, 01:28 PM
Hehe, it only took me a few hours, I LOVED it!

allanimalswelcome
08-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Just curious-

How many people liked the first movie? I thought it SUCKED BADLY!

Daniel Radcliffe is the worst actor I can think of to play Harry. They only picked him because he has black hair and is english.
Emma Watson and the old Dumbledor (forgot his name) also weren't that great.

Plus the whole "Everyone must be english! No americans!" is really stupid in my opinoin because okay the books are british but it's not just the british who adore the books.

I could blab on and on but I've got to go

~Rachel

puppygrrl4eva7
08-04-2003, 01:33 PM
I loved them both and I can't wait to see the third movie which comes out this fall!! Yay:D

allanimalswelcome
08-04-2003, 01:38 PM
Oh the 3rd movie...

The cut out Quidditch completly and there will be no Cho Chang.

~Rachel

allanimalswelcome
08-04-2003, 01:39 PM
and btw the 3rd movie comes out in 2004

RubyMutt
08-04-2003, 01:40 PM
I'm FINALLY on the last chapter, hopefully I'll finish it tonight! :D I think book 3 (Prisoner of Azkaban) is my favorite.

I loved the movies! Not as much as the books of course, but I still thought they were great. I think Daniel Radcliffe makes a PERFECT Harry Potter :) Actually, I think all the characters were cast very well :)

CamCamPup33
08-04-2003, 02:07 PM
omg no cho chang or quiditch.. sp.. ugghhh

ramanth
08-04-2003, 02:18 PM
Last I heard there would be Quidditch scenes. Either way... no one will know for sure until after the movie is released.

btw, I love the (nearly) all English cast. (Seamus is Irish after all). It stays true to the books.

I love Daniel Radcliffe as Harry and Richard Harris (RIP :( ) made a wonderful Dumbledore.

Looking forward to seeing Michael Gambon's portrayal.

CamCamPup33
08-04-2003, 02:26 PM
who played dumbledore before?

ramanth
08-04-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
who played dumbledore before?
Richard Harris

puppygrrl4eva7
08-04-2003, 03:28 PM
Ugg the 3rd movie comes out in 2004?!:rolleyes: I though It would come out this fall! Are they making a 4th movie?

binka_nugget
08-04-2003, 05:04 PM
haha my gosh, I haven't started reading it yet. I begged my mom to buy it but I've only read 5 pages, or maybe even less lmao.

bluekat
08-04-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
haha my gosh, I haven't started reading it yet. I begged my mom to buy it but I've only read 5 pages, or maybe even less lmao.
You haven't started reading yet? omg, its so good! Get it fast!!! LOL:D
The movies were ok, I liked them, but the books are MUCH better. I think they needed all British actors and actresses because Harry Potter is British, and they probably needed that english accent.I can't wait until the next movie, but no quidditch and Cho Chang? Why? Is it because there's a new director or something? I forgot.
I just can't wait until the next book comes out! I'm so obsessed with Harry Potter. I have this HUGE poster in my room of them:p :D

puppygrrl4eva7
08-19-2003, 11:43 AM
On Sundy I finally got the 5th book when I was at Easton with Cataholic, I'm pretty far in (page 346) Harry does seem to have some anger problems, but it is a really great book, I'm just worried that I'm reading it too fast and I'll have to wait a whole nother year before the next one comes out:( :( I can't stop reading it, and I'm soo anxious to see who dies(please let it be Malfoy lol) and I thought Harry would being dating Cho, maybe he does later on though........

Dogz
08-19-2003, 04:05 PM
I finished it a while ago. I pre-ordered it from amazon.com. I starting reading the day that I got it. I think that it is really good. I have the two movies, but I like the books way better.

sweet_stormy
08-19-2003, 04:28 PM
it took me 5 days to read the 5th book (from the day it came out). on t.v. one day j.k. rowling was getting interviewed and she said that she is thinking about making more than 7 books. i guess so that harry has a family of his own. im just guessing. i liked the 4th and 5th books the best.