PDA

View Full Version : Northern California PT Get-together

CattleDogMom
07-13-2003, 01:03 PM
Hello All.

As we speak, the Southern California PT gathering is commencing.

If anyone in the Nor Cali area that couldn't make it down there wants to have a gathering up here, let me know so we can plan.

I am willing to have it here. I live in Roseville, a suburb of Sacramento. We have a Bark Park the size of a city block complete with doggie pools too.

Maybe we can shoot for August?

Regards, Crystal

Nomilynn
07-13-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by CattleDogMom
Hello All.

As we speak, the Southern California PT gathering is commencing.

Heheh actually it isn't until next weekend... I think you are mixing it up with the meet in Ohio :)

As much as I would love to go to a Cali meeting this summer, it just won't happen. I'm much too busy.

Still hoping for October, though! ;)

CattleDogMom
07-13-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
Heheh actually it isn't until next weekend... I think you are mixing it up with the meet in Ohio :)

Ok, well, my mistake then.

At any rate, if anyone wants to have a Nor Cali meet, we can have it here.

binka_nugget
07-13-2003, 02:46 PM
:O I'd love to go but...I live up here in bc....ack. Maybe I can convince mother dearest to let me fly? LOL

GoldenRetrLuver
07-13-2003, 04:07 PM
I would love to go, but my parents wouldn't even let me go to the Southern Caliofornia one....I doubt they will let me go to Sacremento...:rolleyes:

CattleDogMom
07-13-2003, 06:30 PM
why not make it a family thing if you're under aged?

Well, I'm sure there is some people that would make it. Or maybe nobody likes me?

It's the weekend, so I'm sure more people will read this later this week

AmberLee
07-13-2003, 10:53 PM
KrazyAboutKatz, Wolflady, and I were just talking about this today. (We got together and saw "Legally Blonde 2", shopped, and played with cats... and TALKED alot! Much fun.)

We love the idea of a No. Cal. get together. Due to having some challenges at work and being sent away for a weeks training next month, I'm not too sure about being able to make it in August, if that's when it gets scheduled.

Counter-proposal. The first weekend in October there will be a Cat Show in Lodi, CA. (It'll be at the pavillion where the Grape and Wine Festival's held, but I'm blanking on it's name.) What if those of us interested go to the Cat Show then drive up to your place for a late afternoon barbeque? As a coastal wimp, I don't handle the central valley summer heat too well. Those who are more dog oriented could have fun at the bark park and we could compare notes when we get together at the potluck/barbeque.

This plan needs work, but does the rough outline sound good to you?

CattleDogMom
07-13-2003, 11:09 PM
I think it sounds wonderfull. It's still warm here in October, but it's nice, not unbareable like now.

Also, my mate should be home by then....at least so they say.....

I think it's definately doable. But those of you who aren't going to the cat show can still come here to.

Tonya
07-14-2003, 10:46 AM
I'm all for it! I'm 40 minutes from Lodi, an hour and a half from Roseville.

I don't know about bringing Dusty though; he doesn't get along with ALL males. :( -And I'd hate to leave him out. I'll have to think of something.

CattleDogMom
07-14-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
I'm all for it! I'm 40 minutes from Lodi, an hour and a half from Roseville.

I don't know about bringing Dusty though; he doesn't get along with ALL males. :( -And I'd hate to leave him out. I'll have to think of something.

The crate I'm having shipped to me is foldable and travelable. Is yours?

You're in Modesto? Well shucks! Youre' just gonna have to come up more often!

Tonya
07-14-2003, 02:07 PM
I don't crate Dusty. He freaks out. Perhaps I can start working on that again. It all depends with him. If the male is younger he is ok. He's never got in a major dog fight, I always break it up as soon as the snarling starts, so I don't even know for sure.

AmberLee
07-29-2003, 08:46 PM
Are we still on for a northern cal. PetTalk get-together on the first weekend in October?

At this time I will be taking my niece and mother to the Lodi Cat Show. After a few hours of enjoying ourselves there, we are up for a trip to Sacramento. Is it still on?

CattleDogMom
07-29-2003, 08:55 PM
You Betcha! Even if it's just us!

Crystal

PS. My hubby may be home by then too! Wouldn't that be great?

AmberLee
07-29-2003, 09:39 PM
Sounds great!

Have we decided on a place to meet yet? Were we doing a barbeque at the Bark Park or was it at your home or elsewhere?

CattleDogMom
07-29-2003, 10:16 PM
They won't allow BBQ'ing at the Bark Park, so we will have to do it here. No bother though. I am looking forward to it!

Crystal

AmberLee
07-30-2003, 12:20 AM
Sounds good. There will be three in my party, and I think you said your husband will be back by then so you'll have five, I think?

... Any more attendees to the No. Cal. PT Cat Show/Bark Park/Barbeque extravaganza???

gini
07-30-2003, 09:46 AM
Crystal, this is just great that you are starting a Northern Calif. Pet Talk get together.

You are going to be so glad that you did........it is so much fun and you meet all of these wonderful people who simply just love their pets!

CattleDogMom
07-30-2003, 11:09 AM
Awww, thanks gini.

Anyone that can make it is invited. Even you gini....lol (i see you're from LA...)