PDA

View Full Version : < a bunny visitor! >

Jessica12345
07-12-2003, 06:11 PM
i had quite an interesting yesterday and today......

I looked out my window this morning and saw a little white bunny hopping up my driveway! :) but then i remembered some bad news:

My neighbors eat their bunnies. :( its HORRIBLE. :(

well I intantly knew that this bunny HAD to be one of theirs, because i took a closer look and the poor bunny only had half of one ear because the other was chopped off or something.... :( :( :(

I of course did NOT have the heart to bring it back to its home. i would NEVER do that. So we (me and my mom) went out to try and catch the bunny. oh the sweet little thing! it took us a while to catch it but once we did, it didnt try to get away and would easily let us pet it. but the poor thing... :( ohh, like i said, half of one of its ears was cut off, it was as skinny as a rail, and it had bald spots all over its body. i could finnally see why there was only half of an ear, it had teeth marks all over its body from the other bunnies chewing on him! :( I remembered seeing the LITTLE cage that my neighbors had with SEVENTEEN or MORE buns in it! :( I had heard that they ate those bunnnies.

Well THANKFULLY, this one had gotten away somehow, and i hoped the others had too. My mom said we couldnt keep it. But I rembembered that a family friend had been looking into buying a bunny. I knew that this bunny was not the prettiest after being there, but how could anyone say "no" to its story? So i took it over to their house and asked them if they would want it. I said i would even pay for the first vet visit and bring it before they made an ultimate decision. they said yes! :D i was sooo happy! lol so i headed to the vets offcie with my friend. It had of course some health issues after being there, but amazingly nothing was life threatining and could be cured.

My friend still said she would take the bun!

I was sooo happy! my friend already had a cage (from her RB bunny who she was looking to replace). so we went to petco to buy all the stuff for him, and now he is living with them at this very moment!

:D

whoa... sorry i didnt realize this was so long! LOL, ill be sure to update you on how the bunny's doing!

p.s. they named him lucky! and so sorry, but no pics.

Jessica12345
07-12-2003, 06:14 PM
sorry about any spelling errors... lol :o

Karen
07-12-2003, 06:18 PM
So glad you saved him - he is a lucky bunny and a smart one to have escaped!

popcornbird
07-12-2003, 06:59 PM
What a fortunate bunny! How wonderful of you to save him like that and I'm SO glad you found him/her a wonderful forever home! :D Good job! :p

People actually DO eat rabbits a lot, and even though personally, I NEVER would, some people eat them like cows and chickens. I don't have a problem with people eating rabbits because its no different than eating chicken or any other animal, but it seems like your neighbor really mistreats them in their life and that greatly angers me! :(:mad::mad::( Its another thing that they eat them, and another of how terribly they treat them! I'm so glad this bunny bun bun escaped safely and ran to an animal loving home. :p

zippy-kat
07-12-2003, 07:54 PM
It's odd that they keep them so skinny if they do, infact, eat them. Most people want fatter animals because (1) it's more meat and (2) fat is what gives meat a better taste. (Or at least that's the way it is with cows. I don't know anything about raising meat rabbits and don't care to know.)

Sounds like an Easter present gone wrong in my book.

Congrats and THANK YOU for finding this bun a home!

Jessica12345
07-12-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
It's odd that they keep them so skinny if they do, infact, eat them. Most people want fatter animals because (1) it's more meat and (2) fat is what gives meat a better taste. (Or at least that's the way it is with cows. I don't know anything about raising meat rabbits and don't care to know.)

I was wondering that when i saw him also? :confused:

thanks everyone. :)

Cookiebaker
07-12-2003, 09:41 PM
Awww! The poor little thing! I'm so glad that he found you, and you him, and were able to find a good home for him. It's a very sad & scary world out there.

ChloeLove
07-12-2003, 09:45 PM
Thanks so much for rescuing the poor little bun! It's so great that he now has a loving home where he will get some affection and love!

Daisylover
07-14-2003, 05:24 PM
All I can say is you did good!!!! Good for you for finding the poor thing a new home...you could have turned your back and ignored him but you didn't...you SAVED a life!!!!! Tha is just tooo :cool:
You should be proud of yourself.....

And if the conditions of the cage are as bad as you say I would report them to the local humane society of SPCA or your local animal control officer. Just because the jerks are eating them, doesn't mean they have to live in poor conditions! :mad:

iceyshiver21
07-14-2003, 10:47 PM
A Million thanks!!! How big is the cage....big enough to carry?? ;)

Heather Wallace
07-15-2003, 12:44 PM
This is so sad, I have never heard of anyone keeping bunnies to eat them, its doesn't happen so much here. It is sad but glad you saved th epoor little thing.