PDA

View Full Version : Puppy

animal*lover2005
10-28-2001, 04:15 PM
I would like a puppy. That looks like a half lab and half wolf.

*LabLoverKEB*
10-28-2001, 04:28 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, animal*lover2005! I hope you like it here! I'm sure you do. There are lots of wonderful people here, that love their pets as much as you and me! ;)

As for getting the puppy, good luck! I hope you find the perfect one! Labs are great dogs- I have a Balck Lab, named Sadie. She's very sweet! I can't give you any advice about the half wolf part- I don't know much about them! Again, welcome! And good luck on getting the new puppy!

LabLover & Sadie*

Golden Smiles
11-01-2001, 06:10 PM
Welcome!! I hope you find a baby you love for ever and ever! :)

aly
11-01-2001, 11:25 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! A lab/wolf mix sounds interesting. I've never seen that particular mix. Good luck in your search for your perfect puppy :)

RachelJ
11-02-2001, 05:36 AM
Hey AnimalLover, I'm glad you joined us on Pet Talk. I hope that one day you find the puppy you want. I would like to suggest you take a visit to your local animal shelter. They usually have many wonderful mixed breed dogs and sometimes puppies there as well. Who knows, maybe one of them will PICK YOU!

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-02-2001, 06:32 AM
animal*lover2005, welcome to Pet Talk!
A Lab/Wolf mix. Sounds interesting. I have never seen a mix like that. I am sure it would looking stunning since Labs and Wolves are beautiful.

I have a GSD/Wolf mix. I do not want to discourage you, but if you do find your mix, be prepared for anything and everything! When I adopted Drake, I had no clue what I had gotten myself into. Luckily, I had the time, patience, and money to get us both help. You will need to be very careful because Wolf hybrids can be dangerous. Drake is wonderful, but it has taken a lot of work and love to get there. Wolf Hybrids have a mind of their own, incridible instict, and can be potenially dangerous if left untrained. And always remember ( I am quoting someone from Pet Talk, but can not remeber who said it to me) atrained dog is a loved dog!

Good luck and if you find a lab wolf mix, please show us pictures.

Dixieland Dancer
11-02-2001, 08:40 AM
Souraya,
I am impressed you remembered my little cliche. I say that to everyone. "A trained dog is a loved dog!" and my other one "A trained dog is a welcome addition to the community".

ramanth
11-02-2001, 11:40 AM
Welcome to the board animal lover. :)

You should try PetFinder (http://www.petfinder.org/). Shelters put their animals up there in a huge database and you can search for what you are looking for. Wolf mixes are rare I think, but you may be able to find what you like.

If you'd like a wolf like animal, there are plenty of Huskies and Malamutes looking for good homes.

~Kimmy

purrley
11-02-2001, 11:53 AM
Wolf-lab sound like an interesting mix. All I can tell you is be careful with the hybrids - just like Sourya says - they are unpredictable. The lab part is wonderful - my daughter has a beautiful yellow lab and she is just the sweetest dog I've ever known!