View Full Version : Child Killer wants Pen Pals

shais_mom
07-12-2003, 10:32 AM
This is disgusting.....
http://www.msnbc.com/news/937738.asp?cp1=1#BODY

lovemyshiba
07-12-2003, 03:06 PM
What a sicko!!

I remember the case well, and feel that she deserved her prison time.

I would probably write to her, but it's nothing she would want to hear--I don't think we'd be "pals".
:mad: :mad:

Second thought, I don't think I would want to waste my time, ink or stamps on a sicko like her.

Cookiebaker
07-12-2003, 03:20 PM
Are you kidding me?????? She loves MICKEY MOUSE??? Has nobody forgotten that her two adorable children will never see Mickey Mouse again?? :(

How can anybody write to her and want to be "penPALS"??? :mad:

Airedalekisses
07-12-2003, 03:40 PM
I saw that in the morning paper! Oh, you know she'll get some penpals- there are some really sick people out there-I mean remember John Wayne Gacey(Chicago killer clown) his art sold for thousands of dollars and it was excuse me, CRAP! I'm an artist so I kinda know junk when I see it. I don't think the papers should have even printed her story-publicity to the wrong people!!:mad:

iceyshiver21
07-12-2003, 03:47 PM
“I consider myself to be sensitive, caring and kind-hearted. I’m currently serving a life sentence on the charge of murder.”
Wow. Is there something wrong with those sentences??

Logan
07-12-2003, 08:32 PM
We were just talking about this tonight (Scott and I). Why is it that our tax money allows internet connections for a convicted killer?? I need to read the articles and get an understanding as to why this can and is happening. It's right here, under my own "roof", in SC It makes me sick. :(

Logan
07-12-2003, 08:35 PM
Here is her link (it was reported in our newspaper today):

http://writeaprisoner.com/template.asp?i=z-221487

Karen
07-12-2003, 09:21 PM
Perhaps people who are Christians will want to write to her to urge her to repent, to guide her into working for forgiveness and contrition, to point her toward ways to anonymously help the children of the world, perhaps psychology students will want to write to try to figure her out ...

I have no desire to have her for a penpal. She says she has "matured a lot" but has she grown a conscience? I doubt it.

We can pity her, perhaps, but God and God alone can forgive her.

IttyBittyKitty
07-12-2003, 10:07 PM
Karen, looks like someone's already had that idea! I'm guessing that she became a Christian after she committed her crimes, as many prisoners do, to try and convince prison authorities that they have been successfully reformed.

I am not familiar with her case, but looking at her picture, it is hard to believe that she is a child killer. She certainly makes no mention of it in her little blurb. It just strikes me as so deeply sad that this woman had followed the path that led her to doing what she did. I'll never understand it, nor will I try to.

What worries me is the "sickos" out there who do write to convicted felons, especially those disgusting women who write to male serial murderers/rapists. Why on Earth would you want to? That is just completely incomprehensible!

Karen
07-12-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by IttyBittyKitty
Karen, looks like someone's already had that idea! I'm guessing that she became a Christian after she committed her crimes, as many prisoners do, to try and convince prison authorities that they have been successfully reformed.

I am not familiar with her case, but looking at her picture, it is hard to believe that she is a child killer.

Read this (http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/famous/smith/confess_8.html?sect=19) for the story. Looks can be deceiving.

Twisterdog
07-12-2003, 11:05 PM
Why is it that our tax money allows internet connections for a convicted killer??

No kidding! And cable television, and work-out rooms, and state-of-the-art libraries where you can get a college degree or even a masters degree online. Something is seriously wrong with this, IMO ... I don't have my master's degree yet because I haven't been able to afford it yet. But my tax dollars are going for this type of nonsense.

I'm guessing that she became a Christian after she committed her crimes, as many prisoners do, to try and convince prison authorities that they have been successfully reformed.

Guess if that was her plan, she shouldn't have been having sex with the prison guards, eh? ;)

looking at her picture, it is hard to believe that she is a child killer. She certainly makes no mention of it in her little blurb.

She strapped her two young boys in carseats, and pushed the car into a lake ... then went on television tearfully pleading that the man who kidnapped her babies please return them. She is a horrid excuse for a human being.

Aspen and Misty
07-13-2003, 02:06 AM
I find its sad..

You can't even trust your own parents any more. :( It's sad, really sad. I just can't imagine being strapped in a car and drowning to death knowing your mother is the one who did this to you. It's a scary, scary thought.

Ash

Van10
07-15-2003, 11:36 PM
What is this world coming to?!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Harley
07-16-2003, 05:07 PM
I live in South Carolina so I remember the Susan Smith case very well. I could tell you exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news that the poor boys were found and their mother determined to have been responsible. It's like never forgetting where you were when you heard about JFK, the Challenger disaster, the World Trade Center attacks.

I did check out Susan Smith's plea for pen pals and was amazed that she would attempt to make herself sound so normal and appealing. Disgusting.

tatsxxx11
07-16-2003, 05:25 PM
I heard on a news report today that she does not have an internet connection. But rather, some guy who sets up this service, accepts written requests for pen pals from inmates, and he transfers them to the internet. Any way you slice it, it's sickening. Mickey Mouse...???? Well, maybe. I think she's been living in a fantasy world her whole life.

I am not and never have been a proponent of the death penalty. But the fact that this woman could stand there and watch her terrified children sink to a watery death as they pounded and screamed for help, then be given a "pass," convinced me more than ever that it is "selectively" applied. If horrific acts such as this do not deserve the ultimate penalty, then what acts do? She was not even given life without parole. She will be eligible for parole in 20 some odd years; time enough to make some sort of life for herself. She pleaded the "abuse excuse." "We" no longer accept that reasoning for others who have suffered far worse in their young lives. No, for this, there is no excuse and only God can forgive her.

iceyshiver21
07-17-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Well, maybe. I think she's been living in a fantasy world her whole life.

Oh God..its michel Jackson all over again

IttyBittyKitty
07-18-2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
No kidding! And cable television, and work-out rooms, and state-of-the-art libraries where you can get a college degree or even a masters degree online. Something is seriously wrong with this, IMO ... I don't have my master's degree yet because I haven't been able to afford it yet. But my tax dollars are going for this type of nonsense.

Let's all commit crimes and get free degrees!!

She strapped her two young boys in carseats, and pushed the car into a lake ... then went on television tearfully pleading that the man who kidnapped her babies please return them. She is a horrid excuse for a human being.

I'm not saying that she didn't do it nor am I saying that she is anything less than an evil, disgusting individual. She is simply evil coated in a thin layer of skin. What I am saying is that it is amazing how depraved some "normal" looking people are! It is a common misconception that all depraved criminals are fat old men in hideous overcoats. You really never know - that good looking young man who catches your train in the mornings could be a serial killer. And the fact that you really can't tell by looking at someone is how they manage to get away with it.

My boyfriend works with a lady whose children were friends with the children killed by their mother here in Brisbane. How do you tell your own children that their playmates were murdered by their own parent? Another mother who killed her children confessed her crime and the taped confession leaked to the media. It was the most horrific thing I'd ever seen...

Kfamr
07-18-2003, 05:00 AM
How sick.

It's really amazing what stupid websites that are made, Write A Prisoner?

What's next? Become Pen Pals with Osama and Sadam?

GoldenRetrLuver
07-18-2003, 01:46 PM
Thats just disgusting.....:mad: :(

iceyshiver21, i love your signature! Its a crack up! :D

anna_66
07-18-2003, 01:59 PM
Things like this just burn me up.
She is a real sicko.

joycenalex
07-24-2003, 06:06 PM
susan smith has pulled her ad from the penpal website. she blamed the media for causing problems. and i'm sooooo sorry they did:rolleyes: