PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE LOOK! :)

wolf_Q
10-28-2001, 12:29 PM
Hey! I entered a couple of pics in the "Honoring the Animals" contest at the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. I won first place for 12th grade in visual arts and literature. I ended up winning $200. Now I just went to the Best Friends Homepage and look at the pic! That's MY drawing! :D That wolf pic isn't the one that I actually wanted to win (I did that during school because I was bored, lol) but oh well...hey it was on the news and apparently the newspaper too...now I just have to find which newspaper.~~Amy :)

jackiesdaisy1935
10-28-2001, 12:44 PM
Amy, CONGRADULATIONS, that is the most fantastic drawing of wolves I have ever seen.
Just a wonderful picture. Now I can say I have a drawing done by Amy of my dogs Perry and Daisy when you get famous, which I think will happen. :D
Jackie

Logan
10-28-2001, 12:59 PM
Amy, what a wonderful job you did! Congratulations!!! Anyway for you to show us your favorite? I'm sure it was a "winner" too. :) If you want to see Amy's work, just go to www.bestfriends.com (http://www.bestfriends.com) . It is a remarkable picture!

Logan

tatsxxx11
10-28-2001, 04:39 PM
Congratulations Amy, you are one very talented young lady!!! Your drawing is beautiful; just beautiful!! Maybe a future combining your love for animals and your talent for art??? Your parents must be soooo proud! And you as well! Great job :)

AdoreMyDogs
10-28-2001, 04:58 PM
Wow, you have some very true talent. I wish I could draw like that. That picture is truly amazing. Congrats, you very much deserved it!

mugsy
10-28-2001, 05:03 PM
That's a beautiful drawing. I'm very impressed.

lizbud
10-28-2001, 05:53 PM
wolf_Q / Amy,
Thank you for sharing the good news with
everyone. Your drawing is excellent!!!
I want to congratulate you for winning in
the Art contest,and wish you good luck in
the future!!!Also want to thank you for
re-introducing me to the Best Friends
homepage...

Sudilar
10-28-2001, 07:18 PM
WOW! What talent!! :)

Daisy's Mom
10-28-2001, 07:35 PM
Wow! Amy, that is an incredibly drawing! I wish I had that talent. Congratulations!

wolf_Q
10-28-2001, 07:58 PM
Thanks everyone! Looks like I forgot to include the link (duh!). The website url is www.bestfriends.org (http://www.bestfriends.org)

ktreva52
10-28-2001, 08:43 PM
Amy, congratulations on your win! I just looked at the picture and you did a wonderful job! It is not easy to capture the essence of wolf eyes and ears (most people make them look too "doggy"). They have to have that "shadowed" look to them that sets the wary wolf apart from the domesticated dog and I think you did that very well. What was your medium? I, too, would like to see the one you preferred. If you did this well on one you weren't as enthused about the other one must be great. Keep up the good work and don't let it go by the wayside once you graduate high school. I did and I regret it something fierce. I used to do horses and can hardly do stick figures anymore.

Art, like music, is something you have all your life -- whether you use it in your life's work or not. Keep it, treasure it, and expand it so you don't lose it.

wolf_Q
10-28-2001, 08:59 PM
Thanks ktreva52! :) I'm sorry that you stopped art. I hope that is something that I never do, I LOVE art, and I would love to make it a profession. Just because you haven't done art in a long time, doesn't mean you can't start it again! You should post some of the drawings that you have done! :)

Here is the other drawing that I entered. It is 16x20 acrylic. I mostly just wanted it to win because it took me a lot longer! lol. The dogs are (from left) Reggie, Milo, Rosie, Anna, and Smokey. Reggie and Smokey are my dogs, the others belong to friends. I just kind of wanted to make it a fun picture, with personality.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/022/Rk/jA/ew/JF79635.jpg
Here is a larger version of the wolf drawing. It is 9x12 in colored pencil. I literally did it during class from some folders and just entered it at the last minute. Oh well, good thing I entered it I guess! :)
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/022/Rk/jA/ew/JS12888.jpg

wolf_Q
10-28-2001, 09:03 PM
Oh, here's my interesting poem I won for too. Yeah, I write weird poetry ok? :)

Side by Side

The gentle lope
Shoulders balance
Paws glide swiftly
Over vast, ever changing
Wilderness floor
The claws crash
A tingle sweeps through
Aromas awaken
The wild spirit
Purest air enters
A flowing body
Ground quickly flies
Unseen horizon appears
A heartbeat leaps
Flooding of excitement
Rushes through
Head low, eyes intent
He enters the run
Warm energy surges through
Gray spirit hears her call
The sweet melody of the wild one
He hears the slight rustle
A breeze escapes
She is there
The eyes turn softly
Her stride joins his
Together the wolves
Run side by side
Into the unbroken black
Of the wild night

jackiesdaisy1935
10-29-2001, 09:14 AM
Amy, I love the drawing of your dogs with your friends dogs, it's wonderful.
Jackie

Dixieland Dancer
10-29-2001, 10:12 AM
I love your work! Congratulations on winning the contest! I wish I had a pinky full of your talent! :D

Albea
10-29-2001, 11:27 AM
CONGRATULATIONS AMY FOR YOUR MUCH DESERVED AWARD! As I told you some time ago, you are a very talented artist. I hope that down the road you'll find a way to combine your love for animals with your artistic skills. That will make for a very happy life :)

crow_noir
10-30-2001, 08:11 PM
i don't know if i did something wrong, but i can find your picture on the link.

but, i love what you did, that i got to see on the posts here!!!

lizbud
10-30-2001, 08:38 PM
wolf_Q,
Your poetry is as beautiful as the drawings.
I sincerely hope that you will continue with
the Arts, as you are clearly very talented!!
I think you have captured the essense of each animal in it's eyes. Thank you for sharing your artwork and poetry with all of
us...

[ October 30, 2001: Message edited by: lizbud ]

wolf_Q
10-30-2001, 10:02 PM
Thanks everyone! Yeah, the pic was only up for a day or so...so that is why the link won't work! They eyes are my favorite part of drawing, that's when the animal really gets a personality! :)

Daisy's Mom
10-31-2001, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q:
<STRONG>They eyes are my favorite part of drawing, that's when the animal really gets a personality! :)</STRONG>

You are so right! I just looked at both pictures and each animal's personality comes through so clearly when you look into its eyes! You did a great job on both.

Shoshonee
11-01-2001, 12:00 AM
Great job on your drawings!! I love any artwork with animals (especially dogs) as the theme but yours are exceptional! You should stick with it. I'm sure many people would love to have a drawing of their pet, myself included! :)