PDA

View Full Version : Why do people always bring there wild baby bunnies to me?

Aspen and Misty
07-11-2003, 01:06 PM
I just got my 5th call this summer from some one wanting to give me a wild baby bunny they found :rolleyes: I just tell them to put them back out where they found them and the mom will come and feed them, and that the moms only feed baby bunnies once a day and its normally durign the night or so. But the Lady who just called me said her cats brought 2 of them to her. One they had to kill, I don't know how, because it was very very ill and the other is doing fine, looks healthy and everything. The Problem- They live by a forrest and who knows how far the cats brought the babes. So, I told her to call the rehabilitator. I'm just praying she gets ahold of the rehabilitator and he takes the bunny in, which I'm sure he will.

But my question is, why does everyone bring there baby bunnies to me??? Just cause I have A bunny? Or maybe the words gotten out I can help them with anything related to animals (known as an animal freak around here and am very respected in my opinion).

Well anyway, I'm waiting for the lady to call me back to see if she got ahold of the rehibilitator and weither he will take the baby bunny in.

Ash

CathyBogart
07-11-2003, 08:20 PM
People call me at work wanting to give me their snakes. I had a REALLY hard time saying no to a woman who wanted to give my my dream snake, with enclosure, trained to eat f/t food.... *sighs dreamily*

iceyshiver21
07-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Everyone gives me mother-less kittens...I took in three batches this year :( poor babes. I think its the word that gets around and I think those people got a secret recomendation from my vet. :eek: :rolleyes: go figure...sometimes I wonder why I love my vet...

Aspen and Misty
07-12-2003, 03:04 AM
LOL. Thanx for the replys.

The lady called me and said she put the bunny out in the field (what the rehabilatator told her to do) and it flopped over onto it's back and didn't roll back over. She even left for 5 mins and came back and the bunny never flipped over :confused: So she called the Rehabilator and she didn't get ahold of him. I don't know whats going on now cause I havn't talked to her since.

Ash

tikeyas_mom
07-12-2003, 03:09 AM
I know how you feel ash! ppl always come to my house with their unwanted pets :rolleyes:. I have seen bunnies, degus, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, cats of plenty, as well as the odd dog!! :eek:, all there owners come over and ask if I wanted to have them. ugh!!, what am I a zoo? lol seems that way at times. :rolleyes:

iceyshiver21
07-12-2003, 10:33 AM
Wanna talk about zoos???

6 dogs...all rescued, if we hadn't they wouldn't be here today.
8 cats...same fates of the dogs.
a horse...abused became mean and was givin to us.
Some bunnys...

People tried giving all of them to us. If we didn't take them they'd shoot them, put them down, let them go some where. It's sad.

tikeyas_mom
07-12-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
Wanna talk about zoos???

6 dogs...all rescued, if we hadn't they wouldn't be here today.
8 cats...same fates of the dogs.
a horse...abused became mean and was givin to us.
Some bunnys...

People tried giving all of them to us. If we didn't take them they'd shoot them, put them down, let them go some where. It's sad.

ya I know what you mean, where do you think we got Cheeko? lol a girl that didnt want hm and wanted us to have him ;).

Cheeko is the only animal we have kept that has been offered to us.

Aspen and Misty
07-12-2003, 05:46 PM
LOL..My zoo

1 Bunny
1 Chameleon
1 Oscar Fish
1 Cat Fish
1 Sucker
3 Dogs
4 cats
4 Gold Fish
1 Dalmation (Fish)
2 Guppies
1 Betta fish
4 Rats

Ash :rolleyes:

Jessica12345
07-12-2003, 05:54 PM
*sigh* I dont know why they brought them to you, ash, but im glad they brought him to someone! otherwise they might have had to kill both of them if it wasnt for your advice. :) mmm... as far as people bringing pets to me, NO ONE has ever brought any animals to me! :p lol

popcornbird
07-12-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
ya I know what you mean, where do you think we got Cheeko? lol a girl that didnt want hm and wanted us to have him ;).

Cheeko is the only animal we have kept that has been offered to us.

How could you resist keeping a gorgeous lutino cockatiel? ;);)

Just wondering, how long have you had Cheeko and how old is he now? ;)

tikeyas_mom
07-12-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
How could you resist keeping a gorgeous lutino cockatiel? ;);)

Just wondering, how long have you had Cheeko and how old is he now? ;)

I have had cheeko about 8 years and the girl had him for about 5 years befor she gave him to us, so ya he would be now about ....

13 years old :eek:. lol

popcornbird
07-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Wow! Cheeko's a big boy! :D Popcorn's only 4 (Muffin's 4 also). Also, I was wondering if Cheeko has a little bald spot on his head, behind his crest? Lots of lutino tiels have that. :)

tikeyas_mom
07-12-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Wow! Cheeko's a big boy! :D Popcorn's only 4 (Muffin's 4 also). Also, I was wondering if Cheeko has a little bald spot on his head, behind his crest? Lots of lutino tiels have that. :)

yes Cheeko has a bald spot wayyyyy behind his crest like right under it, but it is really small. I cant see it inless he has his crest up fully.

popcornbird
07-12-2003, 08:37 PM
Hehe. Popcorn has one too that you can see when he puts his crest up. :p

Aspen and Misty
07-12-2003, 09:26 PM
Seems this thread has gone to the birds, LOL.

I don't mind people briinging there bunnies to me at all, I don't want ya'll to think that. I really do enjoy helping people. I'm just surprised they would bring there bunny problems to a 15 years old.

:rolleyes: You know how adults think of us teenagers :rolleyes:

Ash

Daisylover
07-14-2003, 05:28 PM
Perhaps you should look at them bringing you the babies as a compliment. After all you have a bunny and you know a lot about rthem. I am sure these people think they are being caring and helpful and that their goal is to save the rabbit(s) life.......

I think you should contact your local newspaper and find out who the community news reporter is and suggest that they do a story on wild rabbits...that you are getting a lot of inquiries and people bringing the babies to you.... and that the buns really DO NOT need the human help..... We've done that here and I had to be persistent and call and call again but we eventually got the story in the paper...with pictures, I might ad. ;)

Aspen and Misty
07-15-2003, 12:33 AM
What a great idea! I will talk to my dad about it and see if we can call in and find out! Thanx!!!

Ash