PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to Alaska!

RubyMutt
07-11-2003, 01:00 AM
I'm so excited!

A little over a year ago a few of my close friends moved to Sitka, Alaska to work and go to school. Since then one has moved back, but two still live up there. They're here in Washington visiting this week, but when they go back I'm going to go with them! Along with our other friend who used to live up there :D

We've been trying to plan a trip for me to go up and visit ever since they moved, but nothing ever worked out :( But now it finally has! My manager approved my vacation time earlier this afternoon :D

We're leaving the 21st of this month. We're going to drive up through Canada and take the Prince Rupert ferry to Sitka. I'll be staying in one of my friend's dorm room (yea! I don't have to pay for a hotel!! ;)). I'll be flying back to Seattle with my other Washingtonian friend on the 27th. Leaving our other two amigos in Alaska :(

I can't wait! I'm so excited! I just had to share :o

Don't worry, the furkids will be well taken care of by my parents :) Although, I will miss them while I'm away :(

CattleDogMom
07-11-2003, 01:02 AM
Alaska is pretty.

tomkatzid
07-11-2003, 01:46 AM
I work across the street from the Sea-Tac airport. Tell me when you'll be in Seattle and how much time you have there. If I have the day off I could bring Ashlee and Nina to my work. You could take our free shuttle over and come to my hotel. (Well not my Hotel, but where I work) You could meet my girls, and me too:)
Katz

primabella
07-11-2003, 07:54 AM
Alaska? :eek: That's great! Have fun! :D

puppygrrl4eva7
07-11-2003, 07:57 AM
oh that sounds like tons-o-fun!! Have a nice trip!

Airedalekisses
07-11-2003, 08:13 AM
have a great time-at least you get out of the awful summer heat!! well Seattle isn't that warm-I'm in the Midwest-home of high humidity and mosquitoes the size of 747's

lovemyshiba
07-11-2003, 08:15 AM
Sounds like it will be a great trip!!

Make sure to take lots of pictures!!!:)

RubyMutt
07-11-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
I work across the street from the Sea-Tac airport. Tell me when you'll be in Seattle and how much time you have there. If I have the day off I could bring Ashlee and Nina to my work. You could take our free shuttle over and come to my hotel. (Well not my Hotel, but where I work) You could meet my girls, and me too:)
Katz

Oh that would be so much fun! :D I'll PM you when I find out all the details. :)

moosmom
07-11-2003, 10:20 AM
RubyMutt,

You are SO lucky!! My dream trip is a cruise to Alaska. I hope it comes true before I get to old to enjoy it. Have a wonderful time and a safe trip! And don't forget to take pictures.

Tina
07-11-2003, 10:34 AM
Hope that you have a great time in Alaska!! Have a safe trip.

ramanth
07-11-2003, 10:40 AM
WOW!! Have fun! :D Pics! Pics! Pics!

*mucho jealous* ;)

wolfsoul
07-11-2003, 11:56 PM
Any chance you'll be passing through Kelowna??? :D

you're so lucky, Alaska is one of the most beautiful places :)

RubyMutt
07-12-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Any chance you'll be passing through Kelowna??? :D

I don't think so :( We're trying to make the quickest straight trip from Everett to Prince Rupert so we can have some quality time in Sitka. I think Kelowna is a bit too far east :(

mugsy
07-12-2003, 08:53 AM
Well I officially hate you now. I have always wanted to see Alaska. I am officially jealous. AK....trust me, from what I hear the mosquitoes in Alaska make the ones in Indiana look like lightweights. I know for a fact that Indiana mosquitoes ARE wimpy compared to the ones in northern Wisconsin and Minnesota!! lol