PDA

View Full Version : Look who I'm babysitting

aly
11-22-2001, 09:48 AM
About 3 weeks ago, someone found this little Jack Russell pup running around on the street. They brought her to my shelter and there was no way we could say no to that face. She's been in foster care and is being adopted by a staff member. The person who is adopting her can't have her at her house for Thanksgiving though because there are too many dogs and people at her house today. Soooo I get to babysit for a couple days :)

She is a little monster, but very cute :)

aly
11-22-2001, 09:49 AM
Would be nice if I remembered to post the pic :D

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/010/S2/Vr/dW/qh11898.jpg

jackiesdaisy1935
11-22-2001, 11:27 AM
What a beauty, I love those Jack Russels, they are so cute and feisty, this one is adorable. Aly how lucky can you get? Aly don't you have plans for Thanksgiving? I wish I had stayed home and cooked now instead of going out to dinner, oh well had to go with the majority.
Jackie

11-22-2001, 11:46 AM
AAAAHHHHHH! I am in love!! She is sooooooo cute! I adore Jack Russels. Wish I could have one but their energy is boundless! You are very very lucky to get to spend some time with her!

Happy Thanksgiving Aly!

tatsxxx11
11-22-2001, 12:57 PM
What a cutie pie! I adore JRT's!!! Lucky for you both to have each other to help celebrate. I think your day will be quite "active" Aly!!: :D Hope someone' dropping off some turkey and fixings for you and the gang! Happy Thanksgiving Aly!

Golden Smiles
11-22-2001, 01:34 PM
:D Awwww Aly, she is too sweet!! Have fun!! And have a great Thanksgiving!!!

Rottie
11-22-2001, 02:00 PM
Awwww! Such a cute face! :)

K9karen
11-22-2001, 10:59 PM
What a puppy face! Can't help but fall in love! You, Aly, again are my heroine with a heart of gold. Nothing is too much trouble!
You're the best! Thanks for the :D!

aly
11-23-2001, 12:10 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! :)

I've been trying to get cute pictures of this little bugger all day but she just won't stay still! Every pic I took was either a blur or her tail end running away. Oh and I did get one of her tongue licking the camera :eek: She's kept me on my feet all day. She has more energy than 10 men, hehe. She plays too rough with my animals so I've had them seperated a lot. She's sound asleep for the night in her crate right now. Shiloh is laying on top of it feeling in charge of her finally.

AdoreMyDogs
11-23-2001, 09:18 AM
What an adorable bundle of energy you have there :) I know what you mean about posting pics of energetic puppies, Ritz is a tricky subject too, although I bet that J.R.T. outweighs him in energy ten fold :)

KYS
11-23-2001, 09:34 AM
What a cute baby.
LOL! I hope you have the
energy of 10 people to keep up
with that bundle of energy. :)

Daisy's Mom
11-23-2001, 04:41 PM
She is soooo adorable! I hope you have fun with her!

aly
11-23-2001, 07:49 PM
I managed to get a couple photos of her. She's so funny when she's outside. She picks up every single leaf or stick we pass. Here's a pic of her holding a stick she found:

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/016/Qp/tP/wC/d136528.jpg

And here's her really sleepy after a car ride. She rode in the crate, but I pulled her out for a pic before she got too awake and active :D

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/036/u7/NP/GM/cI90619.jpg

sammi
11-23-2001, 08:32 PM
Oh, she is cute!!!! Have you ever thought about getting seat covers to protect your car seats???? Seems like we see lots of pictures of doggies in your car. But than again I can't imagine not having dog hair in our van or on the furniture! :D :D :D

lizbud
11-23-2001, 08:44 PM
Aly,
The puppy is Adorable !!! I know someone
interested in getting a JRT.This person does
have allergies but has been told the JR
breed is less likely to cause problems.Do
you happen to know if that's true?
Enjoy the little pupster,and thanks for
posting her pictures...

aly
11-23-2001, 08:57 PM
I haven't heard anything about JRTs being hypoallergenic. I know Poodles, Italian Greyhounds, and Kerry Blue terriers are good for people with allergies.

Oh, here's a website I just found that lists hypoallergenic dog breeds.
http://members.aol.com/AHTerrier/allergyb.html

aly
11-23-2001, 09:02 PM
Oh yeah, I don't know if the person you know has ever owned a dog before, but I would strongly discourage a first time dog owner from getting a JRT. They have HIGH energy and need very consistent training. Well, every breed needs consistent training, but JRTs are more work.

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: aly ]

lizbud
11-24-2001, 12:41 PM
Aly, Thanks for the listing,I've bookmarked
it and will pass the info along..
The person I mentioned is my son Jim & yes
we have always had a dog in the house over
the years.Usually Cockapoos .Didn't seem to bother him as a child.He has a cat/11+ yrs
old that he got as a college student & still
has despite the allergies , but has expressed
an interest in getting a JRT.I told him from
what I've read they are very ACTIVE.
We'll see. Oh btw he lives in Ft.Worth, is
that very far from the shelter where you
work ? I've been to Tx a few times & it seems
so BIG..

jackiesdaisy1935
11-24-2001, 03:55 PM
Aly, you forgot Schnauzers don't shed and are good for people who have allergies LOL
Lizbud, tell your son a Schnauzer would give him a run for his money so to speak.LOL
Jackie

lizbud
11-24-2001, 04:42 PM
Thanks Jackie, I sure will tell him about
Schnauzers also.Didn't know they don't shed.
I'll tell him about your two Beautiful
furkids..They are an "elegant looking"breed.
Liz.

lbaker
11-24-2001, 05:55 PM
Texas seems BIG :D oh nah... :rolleyes: it's just everything else seems small :D get the dog a job and it will be fine :D :D
laurie
hope your day was a gentle one Aly

aly
11-24-2001, 08:03 PM
Today was a rough day at work, one of the roughest I've had. At least I get to come home to my precious babies though.

lizbud - Ft. Worth is about 3 hours from me. Not too far in terms of how big Texas is. I would be glad to keep an eye out for him if he wants to get one. We actually have a Jack Russell at my shelter in the back (not up for adoption yet) that we took in the other day. I haven't spent any time with him/her but it seems really calm for a JRT. There is also a JRT Rescue here, one in Houston, and one in San Antonio. Houston is about 5 or 6 hours from your son and San Antonio is about 4 away I think.

Daisy's Mom
11-24-2001, 10:53 PM
Aly I am sorry you had a bad day. But you're right, at least you had four gorgeous furkids there to cheer you up! That puppy is simply precious!

Gepansy
11-25-2001, 07:59 PM
She's sssooo cute!My friend has 2 dogs like that.They are cute and a handful.There names are Tracker(boy) and Jaguar(girl).One night I spent the night at her house and the dogs were in.I got french-kissed! YUCK! It's really gross especially if you have braces!(like me! :D )

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-26-2001, 09:06 AM
OMG! How cute! Next time this pup needs a baby sitter, I will do it!