PDA

View Full Version : A bittersweet ending and a HUGE sigh of relief!

zippy-kat
07-10-2003, 07:12 PM
*sigh* Tonight marked the last formal class meeting for my first semester in grad school. School isn't 'officially' over until the 31st--we've now broken up to do individual research projects (21 pages worth! :eek: ).

I remember the first session I sat wondering "what in the heck am I doing here?!" Gradually everything became clear (although I still wonder "what in the heck?" every once in awhile. lol)

Now for the big-big-BIG sigh of relief, I *should* (provided my research paper goes well) be ending with a 4.0! :cool:

Cookiebaker
07-10-2003, 07:13 PM
Wow congratulations!! Best of luck with your research paper. I always hated those. :p

RICHARD
07-10-2003, 07:14 PM
next time don't bother us with all your 'concerns'...you CAN do it after all;) :p :)

congrats!

KYS
07-10-2003, 07:20 PM
posted by zippy-kat:Now for the big-sigh of relief, I *should* (provided my research paper goes well) be ending with a 4.0! >>>

A BIG Congratulations!!!

Cinder & Smoke
07-10-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
*sigh*
Now for the big-big-BIG sigh of relief,
I *should* be ending with a 4.0! :cool:

GUD WERk, Zipp! :)

We All Knew ya could DO IT!! :D

Congratz!! ;)

babolaypo65
07-10-2003, 07:43 PM
CONGRATS!!!!

lizbud
07-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Zippy,

A 4.0 is beyond cool, it's GREAT.:D :D :D

No pressure or anything, but what's the subject of your
research paper? Or have you chosen one yet?

This is wonderful news, GO GIRL.:cool: :cool:

zippy-kat
07-10-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Zippy,

A 4.0 is beyond cool, it's GREAT.:D :D :D

No pressure or anything, but what's the subject of your
research paper? Or have you chosen one yet?

This is wonderful news, GO GIRL.:cool: :cool:

Thank you, Liz and everyone else! :D

My topic is on etiquette manuals set in the context of the women's suffrage movement, beginning with the 1848 Seneca Falls, NY Convention to the 1920 Ratification of the 19th Ammendment; in a nut shell, how etiquette manuals (esp in reference to dress) leveled the playing field for women -- more specifically -- for feminine technical writers.

Cinder & Smoke
07-10-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
My topic is on etiquette manuals set in the context of the women's suffrage movement, beginning with the 1848 Seneca Falls, NY Convention to the 1920 Ratification of the 19th Ammendment;
in a nut shell, how etiquette manuals (esp in reference to dress) leveled the playing field for women -- more specifically -- for feminine technical writers.

Dad sed :confused: "Huh?" ~ "Say WHAT?"

Could we get that in English?

The "topic" alone otta be worth a 4.0! :p

LoudLou
07-10-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
Dad sed :confused: "Huh?" ~ "Say WHAT?"

Could we get that in English?

The "topic" alone otta be worth a 4.0! :p

I agree!!!

4.0!!! WoW!! Way to go Tonya!!!:D

shais_mom
07-11-2003, 12:18 AM
yeeeaah!
good luck!

gini
07-11-2003, 01:39 AM
I told someone once and maybe even you, that I wanted to adopt you..............

Wow, did I ever get it right!

Congratulations, Tonya......one amazing lady!

TheAntiPam
07-11-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by gini
I told someone once and maybe even you, that I wanted to adopt you..............

LOL! Maybe we need to start a PetTalk Rescue for Grad Students! :D :D :D They are mostly housebroken and easy to feed (Pizza)! Just not quite as furry as our usual rescues!!!

Congratz to Zippy - we're very proud of you!

zippy-kat
07-11-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by TheAntiPam
LOL! Maybe we need to start a PetTalk Rescue for Grad Students! :D :D :D They are mostly housebroken and easy to feed (Pizza)! Just not quite as furry as our usual rescues!!!

Congratz to Zippy - we're very proud of you!

ha ha ha!! :D
I promise I'm litterbox trained and won't shed on your sofa, Gini!!

Thank you guys for the compliments/well wishes. {{huggs}}

That is TOOOO funny, AntiPam!:D

Daisylover
07-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Great news Zip!!! I was thinking of you yesterday and wondered
how "skewel" was going for you. As for the topic...it sounds ambitious and very interesting...certainly something I've never thought about before.

How is Piper during all this? Does he help you with your homework? He looks fairly scholarly and I bet he can advise you on the organization of your paper (heh-heh-heh)!

By the way I am still waiting for a pic of him in his motorcycle helmet standing next to his big ol HOG!

Congratulations!

p.s. Where does this leave your vet tech skewel plans?

RICHARD
07-11-2003, 12:16 PM
wait a second!!

you are satisfied with a 4.0????

try for a 5.0 next time!
and i don't mean the Mustang either!

lol.....

gini
07-11-2003, 12:23 PM
Richard, the 7.0 upgrade is available - she probably just doesn't know about it.

RICHARD
07-11-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by gini
Richard, the 7.0 upgrade is available - she probably just doesn't know about it.

poor zippy,

she worked so hard and here we are poking a little fun at her......we should behave! she COULD be our next boss!!!!! :D

lbaker
07-11-2003, 01:50 PM
Zippy the Wonder Boss :eek: :eek: I bet those weekly staff meetings would be ..... um, interesting :p :rolleyes: :D CONGRATULATIONS
Laurie

zippy-kat
07-11-2003, 06:18 PM
7.0 :eek: I'll be an underachiever and stick with the 4.0! I can't imagine how much work would go into a 7.0! sheesh! ;)

zippy-kat
07-11-2003, 06:20 PM
OH! Daisylover, the vet tech skewl is still on... I'll be attending both this fall! :eek: I'll send you a PM re: the Piper buns...