PDA

View Full Version : New pet!

ChrisH
07-10-2003, 05:35 PM
Not really :D just a little spider - about an inch in size, including legs - who has taken up residence in my bedroom. I`ve named him Boris.:D

captain
07-10-2003, 06:06 PM
EEwwwwwwwwwwwwww - ............that is great BUT .........

Can he play tennis????? :)

popcornbird
07-10-2003, 06:12 PM
At first I got all excited, thinking you got a new tiel........but uh.........guess not. ;)

Hmmm....He's pretty icky..............but no where comparable to this guy, now at the RB. :p:p

We named that RB spider Sqeaker! EWWWWWWWWW! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Pssst....I squished him....EWWWWWWWW

Ps. The picture is NOT zoomed in.

jenluckenbach
07-10-2003, 06:18 PM
Why did I look???WHY did I LOOK??!!!
Sorry, but if it has more than 4 legs I am PETRIFIED of it!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

apcrs5122
07-10-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Sorry, but if it has more than 4 legs I am PETRIFIED of it!!!!!!

That's basically how I feel.

CathyBogart
07-10-2003, 11:24 PM
Well, I for one thing Boris is a cutie! He reminds me of the daddy long-legs I used to keep as a kid!

captain
07-10-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
Well, I for one thing Boris is a cutie!

WolfChan,
We would NOT expect anything less of you!!! :D

CathyBogart
07-11-2003, 12:19 AM
*grins* Why thank you! ^-^

Heather Wallace
07-11-2003, 03:48 AM
LOL! But like jen, why did I look???

Rottieluver45
07-11-2003, 12:38 PM
I like the name Boris! Boris N` Bob! It`s great!

lovemyshiba
07-11-2003, 01:19 PM
lol!!
I'm not sure why I looked either--now I have the heebie geebies!!! (I do not have a clue how to spell that one!!!)

Christine--
were you a fan of the Who back in the day???;)

primabella
07-11-2003, 03:09 PM
Eww :p lol Ugly spiders.

Logan
07-11-2003, 03:13 PM
LOL!! I'll take a spider any single day over a cockroach or other bug. :) But my Helen is petrified of them and I have no idea why!!!

Logan

tikeyas_mom
07-11-2003, 03:13 PM
YUKKY!!!! mahh I hate spiders, kill them all, eww!!!! RUNNNN................. :eek:

ChrisH
07-11-2003, 04:33 PM
LOL, most of you seem scared of the little & harmless (mostly) creatures!....Okay, I shouldn`t laugh because I was also afraid of them once upon a time. Nowadays, other than I don`t like the idea of them crawling on me, I quite like them. :D
And I would never `squish` one, I don`t like the idea of killing anything that is running away. Truth is I hate killing anything, even the wasps and flies that I hate!

Just for those who do like them (very few of you!) here are two more Spider pictures , from last year I may add, they will be long gone now. But I do see their offsprings from time to time.:D :D

Rottieluver45
07-11-2003, 04:52 PM
I only hate the REALLY big ones! Like the Hairy Tarantulas(sp?) Ewwww! But boris is kinda cute! I know they`re harmless!

iceyshiver21
07-11-2003, 06:01 PM
ChrisH.- I have ALOT respect for you for not squishing that lil bugger!! EWWW :eek:

PBC- Why did you have to bring that one up AGIAN!!! Im still creeped out from the first time...:eek:

kingrattus
07-11-2003, 10:52 PM
Now that I think of it, I can't find my 8 legged room mates. There was about 30 maybe even 50 little black spiders on my window last summer. I swore they had red under their butts. I never found the adult ones . But last summer I had hundreds of earwegs in here, I hate them soooo much. They always fall from the celing & land on my face at night & scare the crap out of me. But on the + side, the fish had a great meal.

Tonya
07-11-2003, 11:24 PM
OMG, earwigs falling on your face at night? I'd flip out! I don't like bugs! I squish them or cage them for my son's collection. (Which he can't seem to keep them alive for long anyways.)

NoahsMommy
07-11-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Why did I look???WHY did I LOOK??!!!
Sorry, but if it has more than 4 legs I am PETRIFIED of it!!!!!!:eek: :eek:
My sentiments exactly! I KNEW it was a spider and still I looked!!! What is wrong with me??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

kingrattus
07-11-2003, 11:33 PM
Tonya, I have squished earwegs all over my walls, pond, behind the door & god knows where else. I hate them so much, I refuse to touch their dead bodies. But I learned thats its alot of fun to spray them with lysol (sp), & the more I spray it on my floor the less they go in my room. but their always waiting for me all over the walls for the only stairs to go upstairs (out of the basement)

popcornbird
07-12-2003, 02:43 AM
ChrisH, I'm proud to admit, I don't have the least bit mercy or respect for spiders. :p Any spider enters my house at the risk of being SQUASHED. Spiders that enter our territory get the death penalty for squeaky spider traspassing. :p:p:p lol

BTW, not all spiders are harmless. Just a few days ago, my dad's friend got bit by one. He was sitting at home, got bit by a spider and started feeling very ill. Then he started to get weak and all of a sudden couldnt walk. He was rushed to the hospital, and the doctors said if he didn't come, he could've died. Don't know what its called, but its something that certain spiders can give to humans with their bite. He's on strong medicines now, and stayed at the hospital for a week, but thank God he's alright now and back home, but still taking medications. EVIL SPIDERS! :eek: Tiny they might be, but they are more evil than a monster!

Originally posted by iceyshiver21

PBC- Why did you have to bring that one up AGIAN!!! Im still creeped out from the first time...:eek:

Hehehehehehe. :p:p:p That's exactly what I wanted to do! :p As for me, it freaks me out so I don't click it. I post it to freak everyone else out. :p:D

Tina
07-12-2003, 10:17 AM
I'm sorry but if I see a spider it usely gets squished. I know that some spiders are harmless but there are some are not. But I'm not going to take a chance not knowing if they are or not. Specially if I don't know anything about them.

RubyMutt
07-12-2003, 10:53 AM
Yikes!! Boris gave me the chills. I think if I found that little critter in my bedroom I'd be sleeping in the living room :eek: It's nice to know that there are some spider lovers out there. I'm terrified of them :rolleyes: