PDA

View Full Version : WE DID DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE, NOW DOES YOUR DOG HAVE A FAVORITE?

jackiesdaisy1935
05-17-2001, 05:31 PM
Do our two dogs have a favorite? Daisy loves her Daddy, she loves to kiss him on the chin at night just before she goes to bed, she loves to have me get on the floor and play with her, and always follows me to the kitchen for treats. She sleeps with her butt against mine at night. I think she loves us both equally, however Perry is different, he is the Dad's Dog. He minds his Dad, sits up in the rocking chair at night with his Dad,
and follows his Dad everywhere. He comes to me and gives kisses then runs back to his Dad. He loves to take toys away from Daisy when she is playing. I do believe my husband and his dog are both chauvinest males. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif(spelling)

Rottie
05-17-2001, 06:17 PM
Carl's favorite is his mommy, me!

ilovehounds
05-17-2001, 06:36 PM
Same as Rottie they love their mommy http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

Hannah likes everyone but she loves me, she never leaves my side, we are best friends.

Copper is afraid of males so he doesn't like my father or brother he goes to my mother and sister but he also loves me best, Im the only one he will kiss and come to to snuggle without being called.

------------------
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/028/dj/a1/go/kr18691.jpg
~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

aly
05-17-2001, 07:06 PM
In the short time I've had Reece, he's become a mama's boy. From the very first day, we had an amazing bond. He will greet other people and sit on their laps while I'm in the room. But the second I stand up and he thinks I'm leaving.. BAM!.. he's at my side staring up at me with those big brown eyes, judging my every movement to make sure I'm not thinking about going ANYWHERE without him.

Logan
05-17-2001, 07:25 PM
Of course, Helen is gone to visit her dad a lot, so I am here with the "girls" by myself. But in this house, I would have to say that Lilly is the biggest "mama's girl", and Honey responds better to Helen's voice, but loves us both. As for the cats, Mimi is definitely my cat, and Butter doesn't really love either of us too much! But he knows who to come to when he wants something, ME!!!
http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif
Good question, Jackie, as usual.

*BaSim*
05-17-2001, 08:25 PM
I think I am Simba's fav. HE comes to me on command others have to keep saying "Come Simba Come" Simba and then when someone else is calling him he looks up at me as if hes saying can i go to them and then i say its ok and he walks over there. Simba listens to me and normally only i can get him to do his tricks. When i tell Simba ot come inside he will come right away but if anyones else says come inside it takes them about 2 mins to get him in. Simba goes crazy hwen anoyone comes home but he goes the craziest when i come home. I think i am his fav but i also think he likes my dad alot too. I think this because me and my dad are the ones who went and got him at the pound. For the first couple months Simba would not leave my side. He only let me touch him and sometimes he would let my dad but if anyone else came near him he would either run or growl at them. Simba, out of all of the people or animals in the world, he is my favorite. I could not live one single second with out him. He is happiness!

------------------
http://PetoftheDay.com/online/SimBa2.jpg

*.KayAnn.*&Simba*RuFf*

Pam
05-17-2001, 08:31 PM
It may be too early to tell with Bella since she is still young, but at night if I come upstairs to get on the computer she stays in the family room with hubby. Usually she will just lay by his feet or curl up in a chair close by. When he's at work she is my little girlfriend, following me all around.

My cats definitely stick closest to me. Andy especially is in my lap so often that you might think he was velcro-ed on! They also sleep on my side of the bed on my legs!

AdoreMyDogs
05-17-2001, 09:09 PM
Actually for some reason Cassie likes my mom more then me and my hubby. She's really attached to my mom. Graham is a momma's boy BIG TIME! He is completely attached to me, although he loves EVERYONE, he will always be a mammas boy.

Dixie Belle
05-18-2001, 01:00 AM
My husband is Blue and Smokey's favorite. I am Justin, Mama, Anastasia, and Bear's favorite. And I am Jewel's favorite, mostly because she likes no one. Dixie Belle seems to love us both, only for different things. She likes to play rough with my husband, but likes to lay back and relax with me.

[This message has been edited by Dixie Belle (edited May 18, 2001).]

RachelJ
05-18-2001, 01:18 PM
Both Hannah and Tucker adore their Dad. He is their hero. They get so excited when he comes home that I think they will wear out their little rear ends wiggling them back and forth. Hannah even sleeps slapped up next to him. That said, I really do believe I am their favorite. Hannah enjoys my company outside, and she knows that if there is any interacting to be done, I will be the one to do it. If I am watching TV, I generally have to share my chair with one or two dogs. A lot of the time, my husband and I watch different TVs in different rooms and the dogs will definitely be with me. They both enjoy seem to enjoy each others company as well, and even though I work in an office in my home, they seldom come in here during the day unless they want something. Most of the time they are situated on the same couch, same chair or where ever, side by side.

[This message has been edited by RachelJ (edited May 18, 2001).]

jackiesdaisy1935
05-18-2001, 01:28 PM
Rachel, I just wanted to tell you I just love Hannah and Tucker. I think their names just fit them perfectly and they are the kind of dogs you would just love to give a hug to.

KYS
05-18-2001, 06:03 PM
Pepper is a daddy's little girl.
She get so jeoulous when he gives
the other dogs any attention.

Sheba and Rocky like me better,
but love hubby too. (just not
as much) http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

BoxerLover
05-18-2001, 09:32 PM
Nikki, my beautiful baby boxer, loves me, her mommy, the most, of course!

Genia
05-18-2001, 10:33 PM
I think I'm Bandit's favortie and my daughter Kelsey is Jeffrey's. When they first came to live with us they both preferred me. That made my daughter sad so I encouraged her to get involved with their care. Now Jeffrey is always by her side. When she goes upstairs for bed Jeffrey is right behind her. Bandit prefers to stay up until 1:00 a.m. with me.

shais_mom
05-19-2001, 12:30 AM
I of course am Shai's favorite, unless my dad is around, then she is Grandpa's Puppy!
She lays on the floor by the door, when he goes outside, she doesn't even do that for me!!
She whines when he leaves or is not home, one day her and I were there when my parents weren't home and she was going nuts.
Last week, I stopped by and didn't have Shai, and dad said "I keep waiting for her to come flying around the corner."
One time when I stopped at dad's work and when he came out of the building, she tried to get out thru the front window,(she was in the back seat of my 2 door car!!!) so he came and got her out and showed her off!!

[This message has been edited by shais_mom (edited May 19, 2001).]