PDA

View Full Version : My cruddy name

puppygrrl4eva7
07-10-2003, 03:28 PM
~* My name Is Baylee, here are 5 reasons why is sucks!*~

1. It's a dogs name

2.Noone can spell it, it's B-a-y-l-e-e thank you very much

3.Whenever I tell someone my name they think I said Kailey, or Belly, or Kelly, or Hailey. Nope It's BAYLEE!

4. It's so uncommon why can't I just have a normal name?

5. It's a dumb name, I'd rather be named Josie

I just had to post about my cruddy Name LoL:rolleyes: :p :D

aly
07-10-2003, 03:32 PM
I think Baylee is a very pretty and unique name. I would love to be named something so original :)

No one can ever spell my name right either (Alyson). But thats okay. I like the unique spelling :)

apcrs5122
07-10-2003, 03:36 PM
I think it's unique. It's pretty also. I know how you feel about no one being able to spell your name. Mine is Dayna, which is a different spelling for Dana. I like Dayna better, just because it looks like day-na not dan-a.:rolleyes:

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 03:47 PM
YOU have a bad name??

Ok. My name is Kay. Sometimes I'm called KayAnn. Both are horrible why?

Kay:
- confused with Kate.
- It's pronounced "K" so many people say. "Oh so your name is only one letter long?: :rolleyes:
- Change the first letter to G. :rolleyes:

KayAnn:

Over the years it has changed into ~

Kaitlynn, Can, Cyenne, Katielynn, Crayon, Can of soup.. And so on.:rolleyes:

puppygrrl4eva7
07-10-2003, 03:53 PM
You're coming to Ohio Kfamr?

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Yes, I'm going to be coming to the Ohio pet talk meeting this Sunday.

Miss Meow
07-10-2003, 05:04 PM
We are buying a house from someone called Kelleigh - I feel sorry for her having to spell that for everybody!

binka_nugget
07-10-2003, 05:38 PM
Your name is awesome! I hate my name....Ashley...*shudders*. There are 3 other girls in my grade that have the same name...we're usually in the same classes gr:mad:. You can always change your name legally can't you? I think I might do that after high school, but it depends.

Karen
07-10-2003, 05:42 PM
I think names are like hair - no one likes what they're born with! Why else would perms and hair-straightening prodects both exist?

I have a very common first name, my sibling have uncommon ones. Both have their advantages and disadvantages!

apcrs5122
07-10-2003, 05:48 PM
I agree with Karen, but....

Originally posted by Karen
I think names are like hair - no one likes what they're born with!

That doesn't apply to me;) :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-10-2003, 05:55 PM
I would LOVE the name Baylee! That's so cool! I don't really like my name either... Megan.. Bleech..

Airedalekisses
07-10-2003, 06:41 PM
Try having the name Charlene-it can be turned into a lot of really adorable names-Sardine, Charred beans. Baylee is not a doggies' name! It could be but I don't know any Baylee's. I think it's nice name-it's distinctive and I bet not too many people forget it-they may spell it wrong but they remember it!!;)

micki76
07-10-2003, 06:55 PM
My niece's name is Bailey. I think it's a beautiful name, and it really fits my niece. I really like the spelling of your, though. Very cool. Of course, I like unusual names, mines Micki. :) Not many female Micki's. Of course most people spell mine wrong to. Mickey. Or I get called everything except Micki - Nicki, Ricki, Vicki, and the best one, Becky! LOL Oh well, it could always be worse! ;)

Cookiebaker
07-10-2003, 07:15 PM
I have a very very unique middle name. I used to hate it, especially when my big bro's would tease me unmercifully. :o but now that I'm older, I'm kinda glad that I have a unique name, and it's what makes me Me! So maybe someday you'll start to like your name, too.

p.s. I love the name Baylee!!

puppygrrl4eva7
07-10-2003, 08:00 PM
Thanx 4 all da ppl who said they like the name Baylee, even though I still don't maybe I will someday, Anywayz Kfamr where exactaly is the meeting, what time, and for what reason I'm kinda intrested now.:D

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 08:03 PM
There's a thread called "July 13th pet talk meeting" - read aobut it there.

Rachel
07-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Back in 1981, I named my dog Bailey...but she was named after a person , Bailey Quarters, a character on a TV show, WKRP in Cincinnati. Way back then there weren't any dogs named Bailey...I think mine was the first one.;)

Anyway Bailey Quarters was pretty and witty, and I think the spelling Baylee is unique.

carole
07-10-2003, 08:21 PM
I knew a girl many years ago who called her baby girl Bailey, I thought it was kinda strange, especially in those days, but I have grown to like it, I like the way yours is spelt better.
My niece is called Charlene, and I think it is very pretty, we call her Char , but thats the only nick name she has ever had really.

wolfsoul
07-10-2003, 08:25 PM
I have a cousin with the saime name, only hers is spelled Bailey.

I love my name :D I used to hate it of course. Growing up with "Jordan," strictly a boy's name, was not fun. Children tormented me. When I was young, I had decided that when I was older, I was changing my name to "Jordanna" merely because it was a girl's name, and because it was almost the same as Jordan and wouldn't cause any confusion. :rolleyes: Well, I like my name now lol. So no changes must be made! :p

Aspen and Misty
07-10-2003, 09:40 PM
:D Ashley (binka nugget) Why don't you like your name? I LOVE the name Ashley. So pretty. :D

Yea, ok my name is Ashley, and I love it. So femine and common. I love having a common name, it's so awesome. Everyone knows how to spell it.

you should see my last name, it's HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! BLAH, Now you can make some funny nick names with my last name, BLAH.

Ash

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-11-2003, 03:43 AM
I think your name is Brill!!!

Mine is plain boring Julie (Although my mom wanted to call me Jill - thank goodness she didnt, as I got married, and now my surname is Hill - so I would have been Jill Hill and that's just gross!!!:eek:

binka_nugget
07-11-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
:D Ashley (binka nugget) Why don't you like your name? I LOVE the name Ashley. So pretty. :D

Yea, ok my name is Ashley, and I love it. So femine and common. I love having a common name, it's so awesome. Everyone knows how to spell it.

you should see my last name, it's HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! BLAH, Now you can make some funny nick names with my last name, BLAH.

Ash

Lol oh yea I should have said earlier, I don't mean to offend anyone. So, sorry if I did lol. I don't think the name suits me. I like very unique names. Lol that's why I went with Kai instead of bob or something lol.

jenluckenbach
07-11-2003, 05:06 AM
My name is Jennifer......And for MANY years I would not allow anyone to call me anything BUT Jennifer (no Jen, no Jenny etc.) It was not a common name when I got it, but it became common. I always liked it.
I LOVE the names Ashley, Megan and I really like Baylee (better than Bailey).
Uncommon spellings are usually a BAD thing, but in the case of Baylee.......it makes perfect sense.

PayItForward
07-11-2003, 05:20 AM
When I was born on rememberance Sunday, all the nurses said I should be called 'Poppy'

My Dad wanted to call me Rawanna (Not sure of the spelling)

My Mum won and called me Jennifer or Jenny for short. The only nickname I liked was Jenny-Wren

primabella
07-11-2003, 07:50 AM
I hated being a Liana. No one was named Liana. I wanted to be a Melissa or an Amanda. As I got older, I really don't want those names. I love my name and I love any name that is different from the rest. Baylee and Micki and Kay are really nice, I find. Except people calling you gay, that's just not fun! :p

Aspen and Misty
07-11-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
Lol oh yea I should have said earlier, I don't mean to offend anyone. So, sorry if I did lol. I don't think the name suits me. I like very unique names. Lol that's why I went with Kai instead of bob or something lol.

LOL, I'm not offended at all. :D I dont' think any Ashley's like the name Ashley but me :rolleyes: :D

I could see Kai beign called Bob, it suits him! ;)

Ash :D

ramanth
07-11-2003, 01:01 PM
If we ever had kids, my (now ex boyfriend) wanted to name the our first born Prince. :p :rolleyes:

And people wonder why I broke up with him.... ;) :D

Edwina's Secretary
07-11-2003, 01:08 PM
I have always liked my name. When I was growing up there weren't any others around named Sara (now they are EVERYWHERE!!!) My first, middle and last name all have four letters. (When I married my husband's last name has five letters -- so I don't use it! ;) :D ) When I worked in Mexico I had to use a second last name -- the birth name of my mother -- also four letters! I always tell people that's how to remember which spelling....

And....my surname gets messed up ALL the time. I spell it for people and they spell it back to me wrong. It gets mispronouced and misspelled.

How can they mess up four letter words!?!?!?!?

What's in a name? A rose by any other name is just as sweet!

Aspen and Misty
07-11-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
If we ever had kids, my (now ex boyfriend) wanted to name the our first born Prince. :p :rolleyes:

And people wonder why I broke up with him.... ;) :D

LOL!!!!

HoRsELUvR
07-11-2003, 01:58 PM
prince...hmmm...he would have gotten teased alot.i knew a girl named princess tho.anyway i like the spelling Baylee rather than Bailey.my name is Robyn and people spell it wrong all the time but i like how it is not the normal spelling.

catland
07-11-2003, 03:03 PM
For those of you with unusual names, at least it is very unlikely that your name will ever be used in a popular song.

I still curse Bobby Sherman for singing the song, "Julie, Julie, Julie do you love me?" - aarrgghh - you have no idea how often people have sung that first line of that song to me.

:eek:

Airedalekisses
07-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Hey just be thankful you weren't born in the Hippie era-your name could have been Rainbeaux Garage Door Aquarius-sorry if I have offended anyone from the 60's.

binka_nugget
07-11-2003, 04:44 PM
I could see Kai beign called Bob, it suits him! ;)

Lol Some of Kai's many nicknames are Bob, Bobby, bobikins...hahaha... my mom wanted to name our next dog with a simple name... :eek: I wanted Keiko lol.

Cincy'sMom
07-11-2003, 04:47 PM
I don't think I have ever disliked my name (Amy). It is just that it is an extremely popular name, esp. in my age range.

My freshman year of college there were 3 other Amy's on my floor.
The softball team I am on now, there are 2 other Amy's ( Although it is Ami and Aimee).
There are at least 2 other Amy's on PT (Wolf_q annd Amyloves Misty, plus moosmom's daughter is named Amy)
There are 2 other Amy's that dance with us.
My husband dated 2 Amy's before me ( 1st was Amy (K)athleen, then Amy (L)ouise...I'm Amy (M)arie. I tease him that if I meet an Amy
(N)icole, I'll have to kill her :) )

Jessica12345
07-11-2003, 04:50 PM
Your name is awesome! I hate my name....Ashley...*shudders*. There are 3 other girls in my grade that have the same name...we're usually in the same classes gr:mad:. You can always change your name legally can't you? I think I might do that after high school, but it depends.

your lucky theres only three girls in your grade named ashley... there are NINE girls named jessica! :rolleyes: i like my name but i wish it wasnt so common. baylee, your lucky to have such a unique name. :) i like it too! :D

iceyshiver21
07-11-2003, 10:55 PM
I can't spell my own name...
K-A-T-I-E

Not Like I spelled it on the wall
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid68/pff27241f34f02f7e7c5b41fc0bc68044/fbbd99f1.jpg

Twisterdog
07-11-2003, 10:57 PM
I agree, no one ever like their name, especially in junior high and high school. I think most people grow to like their names as they mature ... and if you still hate it, just change it!

My name is Shanna, and I hated it as a kid, because ... of course ... I got called Shanna Banana all the time. I like it now that I'm older. What I don't like, though, are people who obviously failed phoenics in school and can't pronounce my name. It's pronounced exactly the way it is spelled - Shan-na. So why do people say Shana, Sheena, Shawna, Shannon?

My niece's name is Spring ... yep, a child of the 60's hippies. She HATES her name.

I feel sorry for people who's parents feel some bizarre need to spell a common name as bizarrely as possible. It's pronounced Megan, but spelled Mmeghhanne ... or pronounced Katelynn and spelled KaiteeLinne. Hello?? Poor people to have to go through life spelling a name like that! What are people thinking?

wolfsoul
07-12-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by ramanth

I know twins that are named Stormy and Thunder. :p

CathyBogart
07-12-2003, 12:33 AM
Am I the only young'un who likes her name? If not, I'm almost certainly the only one who likes her middle name!! My name is Catherine Elaine. I like it. ^.^

wolfsoul
07-12-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by WolfChan
Am I the only young'un who likes her name?

I like my name. :D

Jordan...Jordan Paige. :)

aly
07-12-2003, 12:37 AM
I grew up hating my middle name. One of my friends made fun of me and said it was a boy's name (she was reading it wrong though). I was too shy to stick up for myself when I was young so I always wished my middle name was something common.

In case you're wondering, my middle name is Rayne (pronounced rain). My parents were THIS close to making my first name Wendy. I would've been Wendy Rayne :eek: Thank goodness I'm just plain ol' Alyson Rayne :)

I do like my middle name now! I think its cool. I also really like your name, Jordan. Its very pretty for a girl.

wolfsoul
07-12-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by aly

I also really like your name, Jordan. Its very pretty for a girl.

Thanks! :) I like your name too, very cool. :D

binka_nugget
07-12-2003, 01:37 AM
Aly, I love your middle name! Maybe my future child's name? Lol :D I love your name too Jordan...I think it suits you.

I HATE my middle name. It doesn't suit me at all. It's Janice. Yucky. I'm not a big fan of feminine/common names. If I ever have kids (which I doubt), I'll use a unique name for them.

wolfsoul
07-12-2003, 01:41 AM
:D I love your name too Jordan...

Thanks. :) I don't think Janice is a bad middle name. I think it's pretty. But I have to admit it makes me think of Janice off of Friends lol. :p :o

binka_nugget
07-12-2003, 02:12 AM
"ohhh myyy godddd" ahhahaha lmao:D

Aspen and Misty
07-12-2003, 02:45 AM
I like my middle name

Ashley Nicole

He wanna know why I'm so special (no not special ed the otehr kind of special, gee)? My dad named all the kids but me and he named them all bible names exept my oldest brother who is named after him, Jerry, Joshua, Jonathan and Abbey (Abighale). Me, no, I'm not named after someone holy from the bible, I'm named after Soap Opra people :rolleyes: Ashley and Nicole were my moms fav people in this one Soap opra and she got to name me so thats what she named me. LOL.

Ash

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-12-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by catland
For those of you with unusual names, at least it is very unlikely that your name will ever be used in a popular song.

I still curse Bobby Sherman for singing the song, "Julie, Julie, Julie do you love me?" - aarrgghh - you have no idea how often people have sung that first line of that song to me.

:eek:

OMG - I HATE that song too:eek:

It stopped being mildly amusing YEARS ago, but people still think its SO funny!!!!

From another Julie

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-12-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
I don't think I have ever disliked my name (Amy). It is just that it is an extremely popular name, esp. in my age range.

My freshman year of college there were 3 other Amy's on my floor.
The softball team I am on now, there are 2 other Amy's ( Although it is Ami and Aimee).
There are at least 2 other Amy's on PT (Wolf_q annd Amyloves Misty, plus moosmom's daughter is named Amy)
There are 2 other Amy's that dance with us.
My husband dated 2 Amy's before me ( 1st was Amy (K)athleen, then Amy (L)ouise...I'm Amy (M)arie. I tease him that if I meet an Amy
(N)icole, I'll have to kill her :) )

I love the name AMY - my youngest daughter is called Amy Heather, and my other daughter is Amber Elizabeth. (My son is called Cameron, which was fine until Cameron Diaz became famous, now he gets teased that he has a GIRLS NAME!

Cincy'sMom
07-12-2003, 04:46 AM
Ashley and Nicole were my moms fav people in this one Soap opra and she got to name me so thats what she named me. LOL.

Ash

Young and the Restless, right? ;)

puppygrrl4eva7
07-12-2003, 07:18 AM
But I have to admit it makes me think of Janice off of Friends lol.

LoL I thought that 2:)

I also hate my middle name It's Noelle (like Noel)Ugg My full name Is Baylee Noelle Deeds I hate it all except for the Deeds but it gets annoying when ppl say are you related to Mr. Deeds, as in the Adam Sandler movie,but I do like the movie lol:D

Aspen and Misty
07-12-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Young and the Restless, right? ;)

LOL probly, I don't really watch soap oprahs, LOL.

Ash

apcrs5122
07-12-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
I love the name AMY - my youngest daughter is called Amy Heather, and my other daughter is Amber Elizabeth.

I love the name Amber;) I don't know why, but I do.

I also like my middle name, Michelle. It's pretty common, although I don't know anyone named Michelle. So my full name is Dayna Michell Brown (Brown, YUCK!!! I hate it....it's really hard to write in cursive too because it doesn't flow).

Baylee, I like your middle name, it's unique, just like your first;)

07-12-2003, 12:27 PM
I always ALWAYS have to spell out my first AND my last name...:eek: . As a kid, I hated this!
My first name is a Dutch name "Lutgart", but I was always called Lut. My last name is a very uncommon French name : "Lobeau". NOWEONE ever spells that correct right away :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .
I was glad when I heard my husbands last name "Gabriels", at least that was an easy word!!;)

I also have a second and a third name; but those are never used nor mentioned. Well, I am most happy about that, as both names are old-fashioned. My second name is "Mariette" (after my godmother!); my third name is a real shame... ! Why did my parents give me a boys'name???? Yup, It is "Jacques"...:eek: :eek: (because my godfather is Jacques!!). They could at least have changed it a bit to a girls' name, like Jacqie or Jacqeline ....:confused: :rolleyes:

Oh well, let's stick to LUT" , he he he! LOL

ChloeLove
07-12-2003, 12:27 PM
My name is Amanda...so common and so...UGH!

I have been teased for it a lot, but the 'best' one so far has been:

"Hey, Joe, guess what she is?"
"What?"
"A man...DUH!"

:rolleyes: :(

neko1
07-12-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by apcrs5122
I love the name Amber;) I don't know why, but I do.

I also like my middle name, Michelle. It's pretty common, although I don't know anyone named Michelle.

My name is Michelle!!!:) :)

I had a friend in high school named Melissa and everyone always got us confused. Especially since my last name was Betz and hers was Beck.

wolfsoul
07-12-2003, 01:51 PM
I like my middle name

Ashley Nicole

OMG! That's so weird, because one of my best friends name is Ashley, and her middle name is Nicole too! :eek: I'll have to get her to come on pt lol. She's Chibi_star but she doesn't come on much..

Barbara
07-12-2003, 03:23 PM
I like that in the US it is most common to have names which don't tell whether you're male or female (like Ashley "Gone with the wind" or Baylee or Cameron).

I like my name because it works in so many languages. My husband is not so happy because his parents called him Siegmar which comes from Wagner operas and he thinks it's not cool (maybe true ;)). I don't like my middle name too much -it is Maria.

Aspen and Misty
07-12-2003, 04:17 PM
LOl Wolfsoul

My Fiend Michelle, I have no clue how she spelled Michelle (cause she doesn't spell it like that) So I always called her Me Shell, so I would spell ti liek that also, she thought it was so funny, LOL.

Ash

jenluckenbach
07-13-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
I like that in the US it is most common to have names which don't tell whether you're male or female (like Ashley "Gone with the wind" or Baylee or Cameron).

EWW I really do NOT like names that are used for both male and female. And if you saw half of the people in the USA, you wouldn't either (You can't tell one sex from the other by looking any more :rolleyes: )
My favorite names for girls are femimine and not too common and my favorite names for boys are the truly masculine ones. (not the type of names that are OK for a baby but then sissy for an adult) After all, these baby boys have to try to grow up into self-confident men with names like Trent (brain freeze, couldn't think of any examples :o )
Oh well, this is just my opinion.

popcornbird
07-13-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
EWW I really do NOT like names that are used for both male and female. And if you saw half of the people in the USA, you wouldn't either (You can't tell one sex from the other by looking any more :rolleyes: )
My favorite names for girls are femimine and not too common and my favorite names for boys are the truly masculine ones. (not the type of names that are OK for a baby but then sissy for an adult) After all, these baby boys have to try to grow up into self-confident men with names like Trent (brain freeze, couldn't think of any examples :o )
Oh well, this is just my opinion.

I SO agree! I don't like names used for both sexes, or boy names used for girls, or vice versa. My grandma had a TOTAL boy name and it really sounded so wierd for her to be named that. She said it was her parents custom to name 2 of their kids, a boy and a girl, with the same first name. :rolleyes: Its like there was a shortage of names or something lol. Personally, I also greatly dislike girls having boy hair cuts, and boys having looooong girly hair. I mean, you look at the from the back and think its a girl; then he turns around and its a guy with a beard! :eek:

Just my opinion, but I wish girls would be girls and boys would be boys.

CattleDogMom
07-13-2003, 12:48 PM
My birth name is Lisa. The most common name in the world besides Jennifer.

My birth mother says "it wasn't common back in the 70's when you were born"

Blech! I'm glad it's Crystal now.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-13-2003, 01:19 PM
My birth name is Julianne...i personally dont like it, its always pronounced Ju-li-an. But its pronounced Julie-Anne. :rolleyes: So, I just like to go by Julie. ;)

apcrs5122
07-13-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by neko1
My name is Michelle!!!

Guess I know someone named Michelle now!!!;)

binka_nugget
07-13-2003, 02:43 PM

Lol my sister's name is Michelle. My mom wanted to name her Rachel or something. Michelle wasn't even on the name's list. At the last minute, I started saying how Michelle sounded good and stuff. LOL I was a BIG fan of full house back then (I was 9). bleh...it worked.

I hate how I have two fairly common english names but my last name just doesn't fit lol. My last name is...(dare I say it?Hmm..*shifty eyes*)...it's Yan. That just...doesn't fit. Grrr...oh well

GoldenRetrLuver
07-13-2003, 04:02 PM

LOL! I have about 3 friends named Michelle....whenever I call one of them they all say "WHAT?!" Its sooo funny! :D

neko1
07-13-2003, 04:46 PM
Yeah it was always real fun in school when they would be 3 Michelle's in the same class. Whenever the teacher would call out Michelle, we would all answer!

In 7th grade my locker was in between Michelle and Michele.:p

bnormal
07-13-2003, 04:53 PM
puppygrrl4eva7, your name is cool! It is unique! Anything unique in 2003 is cool!

BTW, you are a very nice young lady! It was a pleasure to meet you and your dad and your little yorky!

:D :D :D

NYCbabi 13002
07-13-2003, 05:19 PM
My name is Heather, I am named after a pinkish lavender flower. I don't like my name. :rolleyes:

puppygrrl4eva7
07-13-2003, 06:38 PM
BTW, you are a very nice young lady! It was a pleasure to meet you and your dad and your little yorky!

Oh thank you:D I like Mitchy and Calihan too!

CattleDogMom
07-13-2003, 09:04 PM
I just wanted to add. Baylee....that is a name and spelling that is going to stick in someone's mind, which in this day and age you really need. If you're applying for a job, they're going to remember you before a Lisa or Jennifer.

When I was giving my kids names, I thought about that. I didn't want to geve them names that couldn't be shortened, and I wanted names that would be powerfull and stand out. I threw alot of hippie names and alot of Native Indian names around, but I ended up going with my gut. Evan for my oldest boy. Means Little Warrior" in Welsh. He is my fiery fighter! Morgan for my middle boy. Yes, Morgan is a female name, derived from the goddess Morgana/Morgan Le Fay. But my middle son has so many of her qualities, it was just right. My daughter is a different story. I was told durring my pregnancy I was having a 3rd boy. So I chose Brady. But I squirted out a girl, and had to think of a girl's name. I could have kept Brady, but I wanted her to be herself. So she got Makenna. I thought no one would dare call my little princess "Mak." They call her Kenna instead! I try to discourage it, but she answers to both. I stress to her she should use Makenna as her formal/professional name when she grows up. (all of my kids have Celtic names)

CathyBogart
07-13-2003, 10:52 PM
If I ever have kids (which I doubt), I'll use a unique name for them.

Brian's picked the name Seriah if we ever have a daughter. (neither of us wants offspring though...go figure)

carole
07-14-2003, 04:50 PM
That was really interesting, to read how you chose your children's name.
I remember choosing my son scott's name, now don't take this wrong but both of us had beloved pets, dogs that were called scott, and we both liked the name, and I am scottish so it seemed a good choice, I never really told my husband I really called my son after the guy called Scott on the American soap SEARCH FOR TOMORROW , now that is going back a bit.,he he.

As for daughter Melissa, well we just both liked the name, nicole for her second name and Tamsin for her third, as a tribute to my mother, and to be honest her name means HONEYBEE, and it fits her to a T, I often comment she is a real little sweetie with a bit of a sting. lol.