PDA

View Full Version : Wild Baby Bird ~ Help!!!

ramanth
07-10-2003, 12:47 PM
The baby bird passed away. :(

Thanks to everyone that posted with info.

ANDY found a wild baby bird on the side walk near his work... no sign of a nest... he doesn't want it to die... he's getting a box...

what do we do now?!

The bird is bald, eyes closed.. andy can see it's ribs.

Denyce
07-10-2003, 01:12 PM
You need to find a licensed wildlife expert in your area and fast as possible. I don't know about MI but in PA it is illegal for non-licensed people to keep wild birds or to even handle wild birds. But I would say keep it warm. There wasn't a nest in a tree nearby?

Denyce

ramanth
07-10-2003, 01:16 PM
No trees nearby, just buildings and he looked all over and couldn't see a nest or any adult birds.

I'm trying to find a Wildlife Rehab near him with no luck... There are some near me... just not sure if they'd take the bird.

NoahsMommy
07-10-2003, 01:34 PM
You can call a local (where he is) Humane Society and they can tell you who to call.

Good luck! Let us know what happens. :)

zippy-kat
07-10-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
No trees nearby, just buildings and he looked all over and couldn't see a nest or any adult birds.

I'm trying to find a Wildlife Rehab near him with no luck... There are some near me... just not sure if they'd take the bird.

Kimmy, PM Aspen & Misty for the Starling site -- it helped me bunches when I found the baby blue jays! Sorry I don't remember the url!

ramanth
07-10-2003, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Denyce found a list of Wildlife Rehabs. :)

Kelly, I wasn't sure if the HS would know but now that you mention it, I guess they would. LOL! Thanks for the kick in the head. :D

Can't get ahold of Andy to find out if he got the bird or not. If he did, either he or I will contact some of the rehabs near him. Hopefully someone can take it.

*fingers crossed*

ramanth
07-10-2003, 03:08 PM
The baby bird passed away. :(

Thanks to those that posted with info.

anna_66
07-10-2003, 05:20 PM
Oh, I was afraid that would happen...so sad:(