PDA

View Full Version : I got a job!!!!

moosmom
07-10-2003, 10:19 AM
Well, I was driving by this place called Core Electric on my way to the animal shelter. They had a sign outside for a receptionist. I immediately made a U-turn and went in (in jeans and a teeshirt) with my resume and asked to apply for the job.

I apologized for the way I was dressed and explained where I was going. The woman laughed and said no problem.

Well, I had my interview on Wednesday with the owner's wife who also happens to work there (she's also an R.N.). Very nice woman. The interview went very well and I had a great feeling about it. The place is only a mile from my house!!!

She told me she had at least 4 other women to interview and would call me on Monday. If I didn't hear from her, she told me to call her. The very next day, I wrote a thank you note (a little etiquette I learned from employment agencies) and hand delivered it. I called on Monday and she told me she had 2 more people to intervew, but I was in the top running. She promised me she'd call me that night one way or the other.

When I got home, there was a message to call her. She said she was offering me the job, that she was very impressed with my qualifications and asked me if I could start on Monday. I told her that my daughter was visiting from CT and her plane leaves on Monday at 1 p.m. but I would be willing to come in and have someone else drive her to the airport. Mrs. Goodman told me "Ya know what, enjoy your last day with your daughter, and I'll see you bright and early Tuesday morning!"

WOOHOO!!!!!! Finally, I'm gainfully employed. I still have heard NOTHING from the Michigan Humane Society. Their loss!!!

All Creatures Great And Small
07-10-2003, 10:24 AM
YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!! Congratulations, Donna! And it sounds like a nice place to work, with nice people - how great is that?

We'll have to celebrate with you at the Dog Park! I think I read where somebody's bringing some beer - ;)

bnormal
07-10-2003, 10:30 AM
congratulations!

:D :D :D

robinh
07-10-2003, 10:36 AM
YEAH!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

:D :D :D :D :D

NoahsMommy
07-10-2003, 12:00 PM
YAY!!!!!!!! I'm so glad Donna!!!!

Its most definitely the Humane Society's loss....

slick
07-10-2003, 12:11 PM
Donna, that's wonderful news. Welcome to the working world. I hope things go well for you there. We'll have a toast just for you at Dick's place today.

ramanth
07-10-2003, 12:16 PM
Here's my 2nd Congratulations. :D :D :D

(I see you couldn't wait till Sunday.. ;) )

PayItForward
07-10-2003, 12:40 PM
Congratulations on your new job :D :D

Karen
07-10-2003, 12:40 PM
Yay! Celebratory catnip for all! Okay, Donna, you can pick your own celebration treat ... ice cream sundae? ;)

wolflady
07-10-2003, 12:46 PM
Congratulations Donna! Isn't it a feeling of relief to find something so close to home! That's great! I hope you really like your new job!:D

**hugs**
Karen

ChrisH
07-10-2003, 12:50 PM
Donna that`s wonderful! Congratulations!:D

koxka
07-10-2003, 01:05 PM
CONGRATS !!! I'm sooooooo hapy for you!!!:D :) :p :cool:

lovemyshiba
07-10-2003, 01:06 PM
Wonderful news!!!!!!
I am so happy for you!!:) :)

Denyce
07-10-2003, 01:09 PM
*doing a happy little dance in my chair*

gini
07-10-2003, 01:15 PM
Donna, I am really happy for you. I know that it has been a tough time...........and you have been overdue for a nice break!

zippy-kat
07-10-2003, 01:34 PM
I am SOOOO SOOO SOOO happy for you!!!!

Congrats Donna!
And a nice boss to boot, way to GOOOO! :D

Randi
07-10-2003, 01:38 PM
Congratulations on your new job, Donna! :D It sounds like a good one. :)

ScantyNebula
07-10-2003, 01:53 PM
WHOOOO!! Congratulations!! That has to be SUCH a huge relief!! I hope you will enjoy your new job, keep us posted! ;)

Nomilynn
07-10-2003, 02:04 PM
Yay! Congrats :)

Edwina's Secretary
07-10-2003, 02:09 PM
There's a moral (a couple of them actually) to this story....never give up, take a chance, and ALWAYS do a Thank You note. It makes a difference!

Congratulations!

Cataholic
07-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Donna,
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you.

anna_66
07-10-2003, 02:57 PM
I agree with ES, sounds like that thank you note was the clincher:D
See you Sunday (we'll throw a party;) )

mugsy
07-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Congrats Donna!! I know it's been a long row to hoe for you.

Miss Meow
07-10-2003, 04:47 PM
WAAAAAA HOOOOOOO!!!!!

catland
07-10-2003, 05:10 PM
I'm so happy for you. Job hunting can be so discouraging. I hope you like your new job.

Congratulations:D

moosmom
07-10-2003, 05:55 PM
Thanks everybody!!!! No Kimmy, I couldn't wait till Sunday. BTW, I did get your directions and will be there!!! Time to PARTAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!

See you guys on Sunday!!

There is one bizarre thing though. Before I found out (I hadn't check my message yet) I was getting into my car and found a penny, FACE UP (which is good luck) on the ground. I saved it! :D :D :D

captain
07-10-2003, 05:58 PM
Fantastic!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!

jenluckenbach
07-10-2003, 06:35 PM
Congratulations!!!

Chinadoll
07-10-2003, 09:30 PM
Congrats!!!! Awesome news! :D :D

Vermontcat
07-10-2003, 10:20 PM
CONGRATS! That's great news! :D

KYS
07-10-2003, 10:20 PM
Congratulations, You must feel like a weight is
off your shoulders.
I can't wait to hear about your first day.

Cincy'sMom
07-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Congrats Donna!!!

AmberLee
07-11-2003, 12:24 AM
YIPPEE!!!

Doing the happy dance for DONNA!

Whoo Who!

TheAntiPam
07-11-2003, 04:20 AM
What wonderful news! No work and bad work are so stressful - I hope this new job is GREAT work!

Barbara
07-11-2003, 11:14 AM
Congratulations Donna -that's so great !!!!!!!

4 Dog Mother
07-11-2003, 08:47 PM
Congrats. Donna! This is an e-mail I got from a friend about finding "lucky" pennies. I have another one about angels - maybe I will find and post it later.

You always hear the usual stories of pennies on the sidewalk being good luck, gifts from angels, etc. This is the first time I've ever heard this twist on the story. Gives you something to think about.

Several years ago, a friend of mine and her husband were invited to spend the weekend at the husband's employer's home.

My friend was nervous about the weekend. The boss was very wealthy, with a fine home on the water-way, and cars costing more than her house.

The first day and evening went well, and my friend was delighted to have this rare glimpse into how the very wealthy live. The husband's employer was quite generous as a host, and took them to the finest restaurants. My friend knew she would never have the opportunity to indulge in this kind of extravagance again, so was enjoying herself immensely.

As the three of them were about to enter an exclusive restaurant that evening, the boss was walking slightly ahead of my friend and her husband. He stopped suddenly, looking down on the pavement for a long, silent moment.

My friend wondered if she was supposed to pass him. There was nothing on the ground except a single darkened penny that someone had dropped, and a few cigarette butts. Still silent, the man reached down and picked up the penny.

He held it up and smiled, then put it in his pocket as if he had found a great treasure. How absurd! What need did this man have for a single penny? Why would he even take the time to stop and pick it up?

Throughout dinner, the entire scene nagged at my friend. Finally, she could stand it no longer. She causally mentioned that her daughter once had a coin collection, and asked if the penny he had found had been of some value.

A smile crept across the man's face as he reached into his pocket for the penny and held it out for her to see. She had seen many pennies before! What was the point of this?

"Look at it." He said. "Read what it says." She read the words "United States of America."

"No, not that; read further."

"One cent?" "No, keep reading."

"In God we Trust?" "Yes!" "And?"

"And if I trust in God, the name of God is holy, even on a coin. Whenever I find a coin I see that inscription. It is written on every single United States coin, but we never seem to notice it! God drops a message right in front of me telling me to trust Him? Who am I to pass it by? When I see a coin, I pray, I stop to see if my trust IS in God at that moment. I pick the coin up as a response to God; that I do trust in Him. For a short time, at least, I cherish it as if it were gold. I think it is God's way of starting a conversation with me. Lucky for me, God is patient and pennies are plentiful!

When I was out shopping today, I found a penny on the sidewalk. I stopped and picked it up, and realized that I had been worrying and fretting in my mind about things I can not change. I read the words, "In God We Trust," and had to laugh. Yes, God, I get the message.

Steffi N
07-11-2003, 10:18 PM
Congratulations, Donna. I hope you enjoy your new job.

shais_mom
07-12-2003, 12:17 AM
Donna~ Yea!!! Good for you!
Diana~ Great story!

krazyaboutkatz
07-12-2003, 12:58 AM
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW JOB DONNA!!! I sure hope that everything works out and that it's the perfect job for you. :D

IttyBittyKitty
07-12-2003, 03:25 AM
Congrats on the new job! I hope it works out well for you :D

Rachel
07-12-2003, 05:39 PM
Congratulations on your new job. Great that it is just a mile from you home. This one was probably worth waiting for. I hope you will be very happy there.