PDA

View Full Version : Oops! :)

Christiansmommy
07-10-2003, 06:40 AM
I was sitting here catching up on the threads and I heard scratching from the other room. I assumed it was Guinness in the bath tub...he likes to go in there and scratch (silly kitty)...so i went out in the living room, and he is locked in the coat closet. When my hubby left for work (1/2 hour ago)...he must have shut him in there by mistake! He was purring when i brought him out :) Hehehe, OOPS :)

Anyone else have any stores of your kitty (or doggie), being locked or hidden somewhere by accident, or where you just couldnt find them?

Before i was married, and living with my mom and dad..i had walked outside to get the mail, walked inside (and was intently reading something from the mail, while i shut the front door). Next thing i hear is a cat meowing (Andy)...i had closed him inbetween the storm door and the front door (he was little at the time, so he actually had space to sit in there) (which was only about 5 seconds...meowing up a storm)...but still, they have to be everywhere that we are!! :)

I normally check the house when i am going somewhere to make sure they are all accounted for...and if i am doing a load of laundry, i ALWAYS check inside the dryer/washer before starting it, b/c Guinness is known for jumping in there...i have NEVER shut him in there, but always check to be cautious...they love to get into everything!!

Robyn

Lerah021399
07-10-2003, 06:50 AM
Jack has found himself locked in the closets many times (on accident, of course), but this one stands out in my memory the most. Jack couldn't have been more than 6 months old at the time. My husband had gone in the closet to get his coat out and Jack ran in there unnoticed. Well, we left to go out and six :eek: hours later we came back home. Jack is one to greet us at the door, so when he wasn't there we got a little worried. We started calling his name and we heard this muffled meow. We followed the meow and opened the coat closet up...he was sitting on my husbands bookbag looking up at us with dried tears around his eyes. He looked so pitiful. I felt so bad. Needless to say, he wouldn't let us out of his sight for the rest of the night.

IttyBittyKitty
07-10-2003, 06:53 AM
I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet with Pixel as she is always trying to get into cupboards!

Mum's cat, Milo, is another cupboard queen! She gave birth to a little of kittens on the very top shelf of the cupboard once :eek:

Another time, she got stuck in the laundry cupboard. Mum's laundry is basically a space hidden behind a concertina door. Above the washing machine is a set of shelves with a sliding door. Mum kept the towels in there, and one day Milo thought it would be a good idea to bed down in there. Well, she didn't turn up for dinner and we searched high and low for her. We found her sitting quite cosily on the towels. She was in there at least four hours!

:D

Barbara
07-10-2003, 09:40 AM
Tigris has spent several afternoons in our closet -sleeping and peaceful. We now make sure that anytime we leave the house we have seen 2 cats before we leave;)

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-10-2003, 09:47 AM
Kona hides in the closet while I vacuum, and I closed her in one time without knowing. But it was Oreo that found her--I couldn't figure out why Oreo kept wanting in the closet. When I finally caved-in to her wishes :) , out ran Kona. I'm surprised I didn't hear her in there!

aguu
07-10-2003, 10:13 AM
I locked Mishka in the refrigerator once for a good few minutes (not on purpose!) I heard this fait meowing and it actually took me a few minutes to realize where he was. When I opened the fringe - he just sat there looking at me and didn't want to come out!!!
Silly kitty!

catlover4ever
07-10-2003, 10:56 AM
I shut my dearest Tony in the downstairs closet one time. I was going crazy looking for him. I thought he had gotten outside and ran away. My husband found Tony the next day, he had gone the bathroom and scratched the wood trim inside the closet. Now I always check to make sure I don't do that again.

slick
07-10-2003, 11:33 AM
It wasn't my fault but one day after a very long and tough day at work, I went home to have some dinner and a glass of wine. Well, I must have been so tired that I fell asleep on the couch. Woke up 1am and hauled my sorry butt to bed, but .........

what did I hear scratching at the ensuite bathroom door????

somehow Max got in there and shut the door, for how long, I have no idea.......

kitten645
07-10-2003, 11:47 AM
When Calvin and Hobbes were little they used to play with each other on either side of the bathroom door. One day I came home to a very concerned Calvin at the door. He immediately ran to the bathroom door with a very "HURRY UP AND SEE" look and found the door shut. No doubt Hobbie who outweighs Calvin by quite a bit pushed the door shut while playing on the inside. Don't know how long he was in there but I think he got the better end of the deal since the litter box was in the bathroom and poor Calvin had his legs crossed for who knows how long?? Of course Calvin was on the food and water side of the door and I'm sure Hobbie would have traded in a NY minute!:rolleyes:

wolflady
07-10-2003, 01:03 PM
When my husband and I moved to Cincinnati after getting married, we were in the kitchen putting things in their places. We had some of our kitchen drawers open while putting casserole dishes away and when all was done we closed them. A few minutes later, I heard strange noises coming from one of the drawers. At first we freaked out and thought we had mice or something. We opened the drawer....and....didn't see anything. So we went about our business putting things away in the cabinets and heard scratching noises. We opened the drawer again, still nothing.
Finally, the third time we opened the drawer, I stuck my hand in and felt something furry behind it. Scooter had crawled into the drawer when we weren't looking and got in behind it! It was so strange, because I don't know how he fit behind there when the drawer was closed! :eek: Silly guy! :D

RedHedd
07-10-2003, 01:52 PM
When a girlfriend moved in to the apartment next door to mine years ago, she was so excited to be able to have her cats with her. As she was busily puttering around, she "misplaced" one of them, but she excitedly invited me over to see her new place. Then we went looking for the cat, who had apparently gone hiding. We didn't find him so I went back to my apartment. A few minutes later she called me to let me know she had found the cat -- IN THE REFRIGERATOR with the door closed! Fortunately he wasn't in there too long and as Jane exclaimed "he didn't get cold because he has a fur coat." Yes, she was a bit strange :rolleyes: and we had many more cat adventures with her and her brood, but I will never forget that particular event.

apcrs5122
07-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Whenever someone opens the door to the garage, Phoebe ALWAYS goes into the garage, so when the big door is open, you have make sure you shut the door so she doesn't go outside. One time Phoebe got into the garage while we were doing something, and we shut the door. By the time we figured out that she was out there, she had been in there somewhere around 45 min!:eek: Luckly it wasn't hot or anything.
Both kitties love to explore the closets, and I can't even begin to count how many times Phoebe (and Cleo, just not as often:p) have been shut in there:p.

rg_girlca
07-10-2003, 07:56 PM
Poor Katie can relate to this. One day as I was getting ready for work, I went into my cupboard to get a blouse, closed the door and went about my business. Left for work, got home about 6 hours later.
As I was in my room I could hear this pitiful meowing coming from my cupboard. I opened the door and out came Katie, giving me the height of heck like you wouldn't believe.
Poor thing, she must have gone crazy in there as I had a lot of my clothes pulled away from their hangers and she can't stand a closed door.
Needless to say, she got the royal treatment that night and a few days after also.

Vio&Juni
07-11-2003, 06:11 AM
Juni must have slept in the closet hundreds of times. She loves to be in there. The lucky part is that we don't lock the doors and she can open them by pushing. We only locked her once :)

But, one thing still give me goosebumps when I remember how I felt when I couldn't find her one summer day. She was not to be found anywhere. We had a balcony with bars and she liked to squeeze her head through the bars and look down from the 9th floor :eek:. After looking through all the drawers, closets, bathrooms, inside the couches, under beds, I imagined that she could have fallen from the balcony. Went dowstairs and there was no sign of blood or something. I didn't know where to look for her. Once again, I decided to go through everything. In the hallway we had a big couch with a kind of shelf inside where it was possible to store things and we were keeping the winter clothes and winter shoes. I started taking out things and throwing them on the carpet, very angry. I took one winter shoe and thought that it seemed full :confused: when I looked inside she gave me THE look: what's the matter?! This was the happiest moment of my life. I started kissing her and my face of wet of tears.

07-11-2003, 08:14 AM
Maya is such a curious cat. Whenever she sees an open door, or an opened closet, she just HAS TO go in and look!! So, a while ago, she discovered that the door of the closet we made under the steps to go upstairs, was open. She went in, and of course, somebody just saw the open door, and closed it again...:eek:
Poor Maya, there she was, in a small dark space....!
It took me at least 2 hours to find her: she has a very thin light meow, so I didn't hear her!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: . But do you think that she's learned a lesson now??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sasvermont
07-11-2003, 09:09 AM
When I was packing all of my Mom's kitchen things away, when she retired to an assisted living arrangement, Graemer, the oh so famous Aby cat of mine, thought it was fun to go in one drawer in the kitchen, go behind the unit and then up into another drawer and meow to come out the new drawer. I never knew where to find him. He just loved the game. He also thought it was fun to slide behind the washer and dryer and then I would have to fish him out by his collar! Because he could not get a grip on the smooth surface, he would slide back down each time, until I fished him out again! I miss Grammy, sometimes NOT his odd behavior!

Today Robyn and family drive to pick up Mocha!

catmandu
07-11-2003, 09:55 AM
like Maya , my Cats have to get into every spare space and get into every space that they can fit into!Even Moose the Magnificent at 23 pounds!