PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Snow Dogs

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-21-2001, 11:49 AM
I saw Harry Potter last night and saw a big Poster in the theater for SNOW DOGS. I had to look it up and see the details.
http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/snowdogs/index.html

Here's some info (thought you guys would appreciate looking at the gorgeous dogs too!):

http://a1964.g.akamai.net/7/1964/24/f93f69193a2608/disney.go.com/disneypictures/snowdogs/1sheet.jpg

Release Date: January 18th, 2002

MPAA Rating: PG (for mild crude humor)

Cast: Cuba Gooding, Jr., James Coburn, Joanna Bacalso, Graham Greene, Brian Doyle Murray, Sisqo, M. Emmet Walsh (George), Nichelle Nichols

Based upon: The 1994 book, Winterdance: The Fine Madness of Running the Iditarod, by Gary Paulsen, which told the story of his participation in that famous dogsled race.

Premise: This is the true story of one man's 17-day experience racing in the Iditarod, the famous Alaskan dogsled race that stretches for 1,180 miles between Anchorage and Nome. Since his father (Coburn) was a famous dog sledder, a big city writer (Gooding, Jr.) decides to follow his father's footsteps. He and his dogs persevered through the blinding wind and snow of blizzards, even dealing with a "moose attack." (Sisqo plays Gooding's cousin; Walsh plays a pilot who shows Gooding around)

Filming: Production started on this movie on January 29th, 2001 in Calgary, Alberta, subbing for Alaska, and wrapped in late April.

[ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: Souraya ]

ramanth
11-21-2001, 02:04 PM
I've seen the trailer for it. It looks cute.

Those huskies have a wicked sense of humor..... much like my Kia. LOL!

~Kimmy

Daisy's Mom
11-21-2001, 08:08 PM
Ooh it sounds good!

And I have to ask... HOW WAS HARRY POTTER?!?!?! I absolutely love the books and I can't wait until i actually have time off from work and school to go see it!!!

ShepherdLover
11-22-2001, 12:39 PM
It sounds neat!!! I just have to see Cats & Dogs first! Thanks for telling me!

Golden Smiles
11-22-2001, 01:40 PM
:eek: I hadn't heard of that one!! Looks cool!!(no pun intended!! :D )