PDA

View Full Version : a real world worker rant..

RICHARD
07-09-2003, 04:09 PM
it's one of THOSE days..

i have noticed two things today at work.

people who have been at a job for 20 or more years
and CANNOT/WILL NOT COMPLETE a simple job that is part of their everyday duties, need to seriously think about leaving.

don't be frigging rude, act stupid, get pissed off and take sick leave because you HAD TO DO YOUR job- don't threaten the boss with a grievance because you are too lazy to be responsible...

and
do not call me up when that simple job falls in your lap and PLEAD that i should think about team work, communication and getting the job done.
when i called you while your lazy co worker was out on some vacation, sick leave or screwing around - you did not care - you gave me the run around, put me off or just acted stupid....
now that it's your responsbility you want the respect, teamwork and cooperation that you denied me??

lol, kma!

take the olive branch and place it in a strategic location, away from any UV rays!!

second,

if you go to school and get your BA, PHD, Masters
and come to work for a company DO NOT USE your alphabet soup to change things around, change a business 'plan' or introduce exercises from a text book into a real world situation. you SAT in a classroom for however many years while i was
WORKING in an office room.

one day you will come to the conclusion that the situation you encounter is not in any text book and NO amount homework will prepare you for it.

don't just stand there with your mouth open, USE YOUR TITLE-MANAGE THE PROBLEM!!

DON'T come in and say, "well they do it this way at XYZ...." this ain't XYZ, and if you like the model at XYZ - don't let the door hit you....

Come on in, take a look at the job, the employees, the way they do their jobs, you may learn a bit from them, after all they might know what to do!
they DO know how the system works and where the skeletons are hidden.

use common sense and listen to what people will say works and what will not work. you'll save yourself some time, resentment and embarrassment,
because when another manager asks me why.....

i'm gonna tell them YOU said to do it that way.

:eek:

whew, i feel better now!

Rottieluver45
07-09-2003, 04:12 PM
WOW! :eek:

That`s alot of typing, I bet you DO feel better! Sorry you had such a bad day!

RICHARD
07-09-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45
WOW! :eek:

That`s alot of typing, I bet you DO feel better! Sorry you had such a bad day!

see what working does to you???

it makes you a fairly decent writer!

lolololol;)

Rottieluver45
07-09-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
see what working does to you???

it makes you a fairly decent writer!

lolololol;)

I don`t work, but I`ve seen alot of examples! :D

slick
07-09-2003, 04:20 PM
Brother we must work at the same place. I work with a bunch if idiots who refuse to pull their own weight. I work in IS and if a job needs doing and it involves some kind of technology (like the paper needs refilling in the fax machine!!) they come to me. Duh! I do computers, duh, not fax machines. But what do I do? Go fill up the fax machine. And it really baffles me how some of the "executive workers" seem to be sitting idle all day. What's with that?? Is it called delegation and where do I get a piece of that....

Where's the justice....

Sorry you are having such a bad day Richard. Smile, tomorrow is Thursday and you have vacation coming up.

RICHARD
07-09-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by slick

Sorry you are having such a bad day Richard.

do you know how all this crap started????

three years ago i called a lady, 'Ma'am'....
she went ballistic and gave me a 5 minute dressing down about how i was to call her by her last name...after i explained that it was the way i was brought up - to show respect for people - she went into another rant.......all that in front of two patients....

the job i'm talking about entails....

adding up the number of people that go thru her area each day, putting it on a piece of paper and faxing it to me every two weeks!!!!

to take care of the hassle i offered to go across the street and get the numbers out of the book and add them up myself, so there would be no hassle,
her answer was, 'i don't have time to train you to do it......'

the FUNNIEST part about THAT is the book is a ledger with numbered lines..you just have to open it and look at the last entry....there's the total......

she hides the book in different drawers so no one knows where it's at...her boss is an -------, she
doesn't want to help with the problem because, 'the workplace should not have any problems...'

they are BOTH long term employees!!!!!

Miss Meow
07-09-2003, 04:44 PM
Richard, come and work for Defence - it's in the rule book that you HAVE to call women ma'am! ;)

Wow, you work with some real beauties, the kind that should stay at home and not inflict their attitudes on the rest of us :rolleyes:

RICHARD
07-09-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Richard, come and work for Defence - it's in the rule book that you HAVE to call women ma'am! ;)

Wow, you work with some real beauties, the kind that should stay at home and not inflict their attitudes on the rest of us :rolleyes:

Yes Ma'am!!!, and those same ladies probably want doors held open for them, and the chair to be pulled out for them at a dining table......ugh, women, you want so much from us!!!

Sister Mary Torquemada hammered manners into my pointed head along time ago...

since we are talking manners.....i once pulled out a chair for a woman, she stood there and DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!

:confused:

Rottieluver45
07-09-2003, 05:01 PM
Yes Ma'am!!!, and those same ladies probably want doors held open for them, and the chair to be pulled out for them at a dining table......ugh, women, you want so much from us!!!

I know! Geeez, we are soooo high mainteance!!:p :D

Cincy'sMom
07-09-2003, 05:36 PM
Here's a few more rants....

Don't pass your work off to everyone else and THEN complain you are bored!!!

Don't say you are going to the library to do research, and then come back to work two days layer bragging you spent the day in your friend's backyard, reading your boyfriend's text book cause you " didn't even know what a lipid was" ( Yes, the was a chemist, with a MASTERS!!)

If you are an employer don't tell the rest of your employees how wonderful the people who pulled the above stunts are. Open your eyes and realize who is doing the work, and who is busy looking busy!!!

RICHARD
07-09-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Here's a few more rants....

Don't say you are going to the library to do research, and then come back to work two days layer bragging you spent the day in your friend's backyard, reading your boyfriend's text book cause you " didn't even know what a lipid was" ( Yes, the was a chemist, with a MASTERS!!)

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

i can absolutely identify with that!!

i worked with a financial analyst who questioned
my numbers on every report i turned in. those numbers are used to project the number of staff needed for the next quarter....his quest was to save the company money by finding ways to cut the staffing on certain days.

he felt that i was padding the numbers to keep the staff from having their hours cut back.

i explained to him that certain operations are more complicated and the extra staff are needed to
run equipment, place casts on limbs etc.

after a few months of mutual battle i asked him about his experience in the med field.....
he smiled and told me that this was his first experience working in a hospital.....he was a banking financial analyst...but he DID have his degree in business admin!

needless to say i felt better knowing that
:eek: :confused:

KYS
07-09-2003, 09:35 PM
See what you started Rich.

I used to have some rants and raves,
but those people are gone.

You want to know what really pisses me off.
We hired an older women worker from another
State department.
The same problems she had on her last job,
she started having with us.
She could not get her work done,
because all's she did was yak! yak! yak! or spend
time on the phone doing union business.
(she was a union steward and new how to play
the game)
THe supervisor let her try almost every different job
in the office so she could find her nitch.
Every desk this woman touched fell apart because
she was so busy talking, and doing non business activities
on work time.. (we not only had to do our job,
but do her job as well)
When it got to the point she was probably going
to be canned. The very same day after she was spoken
too, she left the office, hired an attorney
and went on a work injury claim for carpel.
(she never came back, she new how to play the game
and she had a good attorney.
A year later she was granted a 100% dissability retirement
for nothing!)

CathyBogart
07-10-2003, 02:32 AM
Argh..I may only be a lowly retail employee but I can relate!

(saving my rant for sometime when I don't have to be up for work in a few hours...)

Barbara
07-10-2003, 09:54 AM
Richard: Sister Mary Torquemada! LOL

Your childhood was even worse than mine:D

Denyce
07-10-2003, 10:05 AM
We have a young man here who is taking the day off today. Now that in itself isn't a problem. What I have a problem with is that he is using a Family Sick day because his pregnant girlfriend is having an ultrasound :rolleyes:

Marriage is suppose to mean something. You are not allowed to use Family Sick time for pregnant girlfriends! Pregnant WIVES yes...GIRLFRIENDS no. :mad:

Besides the fact that it doesn't take the WHOLE day for the ultrasound. I wouldn't even take the bet that he doesn't even go to the ultrasound. That he is using a Family Sick day to take a days vacation. He should be using one of his vacation days. And if you bring it up to the Director of the lab her response would be to mind your own business. Which I suppose it isn't REALLY my business. I just get tired of all the cheating that goes on around here.

We have another "supervisor" that thinks she is working a full 8 hour day if she comes in at 7:00 am and leaves at 4:20 pm with a 2 and a half hour lunch break in the middle. You do the math. And she does this every single day. Not just once in a while but every day. :mad: :mad: :mad:

That is my rant for the day:)

RICHARD
07-10-2003, 11:40 AM
lol
that same union steward worked with ME....she'd go to a grievance hearing and RUN back and tell the area bosses all about it....confidentiality, you know.

one of my last run-ins with her was about my donations from my paychecks...once a year you can designate an amount to go to a charity. You fill out a form, designate an amount and Ms. Nostrils
would collect them.

When i handed her the form she huffed and commented that I WAS GIVING TOO MUCH TO THE RED CROSS....it was a measly 6 dollars every paycheck-i thought it wasn't enough....

i told her that it didn't matter, it's money I'd never see and i'd spend the money on something stupid like a hooker or booze.....

no sense of humor, that woman!

barbara,
Yes, it was a hard childhood. I think every order had at least one SMT...and you knew she would work you over and never leave a bruise!!!!

denyce,

Family sick days....

Well, my sister's husband great aunt on his mother's side is having a colonoscopy, can i have the day off?? Don't worry, MR. DAD will be paying child support LONG AFTER his family sick days dry up...
what goes around usually comes back and bites you in the rear..

MY supervisor horror story comes from a gal i worked with, who later became a supervisor....

her lunches consisted of going home to have a 'NOONER' with her husband...2 hours.....and the
NERVE to come back and tell me about it....
i swear this is conversation i got when she was MIA for that time span...

HER: I'm back!
ME: oh.....
H: did any sales reps come in?
M: ah, yeah two, i told them you were at lunch.
H: hehehehehe, I went home, I had a nooner with my husband..
M: oh......

I probably would have had more respect for her had she told me she was shopping or out drinking. i thought about it and it occured to me that she was getting paid to go home and make some whoopee with her husband....then I rationalized it...i remembered who the people are that get paid to have sex!!!

:eek:

slick
07-10-2003, 11:49 AM
If you have a problem with me, come to me directly and don't go to the top boss Tom who tells second boss Dick who then tells my boss Harry to speak to me. I hate it when it comes time for my performance appraisal and I get a low mark for interpersonal relations because boss Harry says that Mary complained to top boss Tom that I did not say good morning to her six months earlier. Arghhhh!!

and

I'll show you how to do it once and if you forget I'll show you again. If you forget a second time and did not take notes, you're outta luck!!

Denyce
07-10-2003, 01:06 PM
Richard,

I guess considering this is the third child he has had with three different women none of whom he has married then yea...child support for many many years is a good thing...*LOL* This last one thinks he is going to marry her for sure. Of course I have been hearing about how they are engaged for 2 years now. Come on women! We have to be smarter than that! Jeesh!:D

RICHARD
07-10-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Denyce
Richard,

I guess considering this is the third child he has had with three different women none of whom he has married then yea...child support for many many years is a good thing...*LOL* This last one thinks he is going to marry her for sure. Of course I have been hearing about how they are engaged for 2 years now. Come on women! We have to be smarter than that! Jeesh!:D

can we save the 'illegitimate' topics for another thread?;)

that's another can of worms!!

Cheshirekatt
07-10-2003, 10:29 PM
Here's my rant:

Is it really that hard to pick up after yourself? Our sink in our breakroom has never had a garbage disposal. Never. Yet it turns into a swill bucket every day because someone puts their dirty dishes in there with the food still on it.

Perhaps a garbage disposal will magically appear???

Why is it necessay to leave your cell phone on the table in the room while you're NOT THERE?? So everyone else has the joy of listening to the stupid ring? Again, and again and again......

Next time that happens it's getting tossed into the swill bucket.

Why do people complain about things being broken yet no one bothers to inform anyone of the broken appliance?

Again, is it going to magically fix itself??

Ok, I'm getting all worked up so I'm done!

:D

RICHARD
07-11-2003, 11:13 AM
another rant for me....

there is a sink outside my door....

people (doctors, mind you) brush their teeth and spit into the basin with out washing the paste down the drain.......oh, there is a bathroom a few feet to the side and that sink gets the same treatment.....

one doctor shows up with his brush, paste, floss and the little brush thing to clean his mouth out.......you can tell these people hire someone to clean their homes.....they just don't care about picking up after themselves.

catland
07-11-2003, 11:29 AM
Once, when I was on my way to class, my coffee slipped and spilled on the floor in a hallway. So I went to a restroom, got a bunch of paper towels, and cleaned up my mess.

I recall a proffesor commenting to me that it was so nice to see someone actually cleaning up after themselves.:)

My pet-peeve at work (since I don't have to deal with dental floss and spit :p ) are the items left and the copiers and printers that are shared. People have been known to print out sensitive materials (like employee evaluations) and just leave them there for anyone to see.

Rottieluver45
07-11-2003, 11:52 AM
another rant for me....

there is a sink outside my door....

people (doctors, mind you) brush their teeth and spit into the basin with out washing the paste down the drain.......oh, there is a bathroom a few feet to the side and that sink gets the same treatment.....

one doctor shows up with his brush, paste, floss and the little brush thing to clean his mouth out.......you can tell these people hire someone to clean their homes.....they just don't care about picking up after themselves.

OMG!! That`s sick!!

YOu have a Bathroom and sink, next to your door?

RICHARD
07-11-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45
OMG!! That`s sick!!

YOu have a Bathroom and sink, next to your door?

as i step out of the door there is an alcove with
a sink w/hot and cold....a place to wash your hands, next to that is a unisex bathroom....

and don't ask me about the bathroom.......you'd figure people with higher education would be in tune with hygiene, picking up after themselves and being respectful as to leaving the place pretty clean???

no way!!:eek:

Rottieluver45
07-11-2003, 12:16 PM
as i step out of the door there is an alcove with
a sink w/hot and cold....a place to wash your hands, next to that is a unisex bathroom....

and don't ask me about the bathroom.......you'd figure people with higher education would be in tune with hygiene, picking up after themselves and being respectful as to leaving the place pretty clean???

no way!!:eek:

Ohhhh! Poor you! Is it friday? I need a calander!

Why would somone think of have FAMILY bathrooms? That`s soooo stupid! Ohhh yeah, I get to go to the bathroom w/ my family! :rolleyes:

smokey the elder
07-12-2003, 09:05 AM
Since we're on pet peeves at work, I have this co-worker who's training me how to use some instruments, and he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He's supposed to have been doing GC-MS for 20 years, but when I asked him what a parameter meant, he didn't know!! Scientists should NEVER learn only by rote!!

*end of today's rant.*:p

Airedalekisses
07-12-2003, 04:13 PM
Whew, reading all of the rants-I have decided I did make the right choice in college-I'm an artist-all by myself in the studio-a few mice ocassionally and a mindless model(sorry to be redundant) every once in a while.
I don't think any company pays it's employees enough for all of the garbage they must endure!!:)

Denyce
07-12-2003, 06:11 PM
Do you work in a lab also then? I know GC stands for gas chromotography. I analyze for nitrogen/carbon content.

RICHARD
07-14-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Denyce
I analyze for nitrogen/carbon content.

;) for fun or profit???

Denyce
07-15-2003, 12:02 PM
Ummm...*L* Must be for profit since it isn't fun. Although from what I hear we are not making much of a profit either.:confused:

wolflady
07-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Uh Oh, Richard, I think you started a topic here that I will be ranting in for quite some time. I can totally relate to IOI (In-Office-Idiots)!!! Ugh....first...

Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
Here's my rant:

Is it really that hard to pick up after yourself? Our sink in our breakroom has never had a garbage disposal. Never. Yet it turns into a swill bucket every day because someone puts their dirty dishes in there with the food still on it.

Perhaps a garbage disposal will magically appear???

Why is it necessay to leave your cell phone on the table in the room while you're NOT THERE?? So everyone else has the joy of listening to the stupid ring? Again, and again and again......

Why do people complain about things being broken yet no one bothers to inform anyone of the broken appliance?

Again, is it going to magically fix itself??

Ok, I'm getting all worked up so I'm done!

LOL LOL Cheshirekatt, I totally know what you mean. I don't know how many times I found myself wiping off the counters in the kitchen. Coffee was always spilled and sloshed all over the place, and what's annoying is we actually shared the building with another company and they would be griping that my company was the one to make a mess. I don't think so. I don't know how many times I saw an employee from that other company spill stuff, and not clean it up. I was constantly making sure things were nice and tidy.
The company we shared the building with was really...uh...anal in where things were to go that they actually had YELLOW tape around the locations where things were to go with LABELS! For example, there would be yellow tape around the coffee pot labeled: Coffee Pot, or in the bathrooms there would be yellow tape around the Kleenex box and the soap dispenser labeled as such. :rolleyes: Personally I thought all that tape and all those labels made things look sloppy and dumb. :rolleyes:

Now, onto rants about fellow employees (and upper management). Now, I'm not bitter or anything about my getting laid off, but why is it that the good people are always laid off while the a-holes get to run the business into the ground??!! :mad:
The company I was previously working for started in 1999. I was there from the beginning. Within the last year, we merged with another company, which was a really bad move, and basically the people from that company just took over and laid off the people in the original company and now it's back to being that company. It's so stupid. (there were originally 50 people in our US office here, and now it's down to 7) Plus, one of the VPs thinks he runs the place, and the worthless President lets him, and he spends like we have unlimited funds! I don't think so! He goes on trips, spends money and charges drinks to the company. I organized a tradeshow back in April in Washington DC and I spent less money in 5 days, then he did in 2. That's rediculous!! :mad:
Plus, if you're a President (CEO, whatever...) and you have a degree from Stanford (or some other so called "elite" school), wouldn't you at least learn how to type there??? It pained me to watch our President type. He doesn't do anything anyway. So, I get laid off (Thanks for being here from the beginning, caring about the welfare of the company and working your butt off! No severance for you!), and I was the ONLY person in Marketing and Customer Support. That scares me: don't companies need marketing and customer support?? But, our VP can still go on trips to Australia??!! :mad:
OK, I'll get off my soapbox now....I'll rant about more stupidity later! :rolleyes:

RICHARD
07-23-2003, 04:06 PM
dearest co-worker,

The guy that takes care of the front desk brought this to my attention yesterday-and
I would like to apologize for it.

He told me that when I walked in to pick up some work from your area you asked
him who I was and what I did here.

I apologize if I don't say too much to you, or walk by you without even bothering to
say excuse me.

In the four years I have worked in your area (and seeing you on almost everyday we have shared the
same shift) I have noticed that….

When I was initially introduced to all of you, you looked me up and down and
never made the effort to say, hello, eat crap or stay away from me.

You made me feel like I was intruding in your break room.

When I see you in the hallway and hold a door open for you, you do not acknowledge me.

When I see you run for the elevator and hold the door open for you, you ignore me and
never say thanks.

When we all go to meetings none of you will acknowledge me or sit at the same table.

When I pass you in the hall and say hi, good morning or good afternoon-you find the tile
floor interesting, far more interesting that I could ever be. You refuse to make eye contact with
me-but you stare at my badge as you walk by.

Should you decide that I am worth an answer-try to use a word or two, not a grunt or
the look that will make milk curdle.

And should I have a fairly good rapport with you in the hallway- don't ignore me when I see you in
your work area- then wonder why I won't talk to you anymore.

I noticed that when I get into the elevator with you that the tone and language of the conversation
change dramatically.

I apologize if my disposition upsets you- I'm glad I have a job, that I woke up this morning,
that someone DID look me in the eye as I made it to my office. I'm glad that someone said 'good morning, thank you, your welcome' or they took the time to exchange a pleasantry on the weather, the news, sports or the time of day. Your job, effed up attitude and the fact that you live this miserable, hostile exsistence show me that I really do not care if you do say HI to me. It kinda makes me glad I don't know you

I will not participate in your pot lucks, social events or parties because you will watch my every move, make sure that you watch every scoop of food that goes on my plate and you WILL MAKE SURE
that you will let me know that EVERYONE made a donation - but completely ignore the fact that
you never once mentioned, to me, that a 'donation event' was going to happen in the first place.

Dearest co-worker,
I am really sorry that when we end up in the same room I give you the cold shoulder or do not speak to
you. Do not get upset if I stop to chat or crack a joke or two with someone-then walk away with out looking back. I just follow your lead and respond to your crappy attitude, the fact you are unhappy with your job, your boss or the fact you see my smiling face cruising the hallways of the building.

Co-worker, please do not be offended if I do not show you any enthusiasm when you come to me with
a problem and I refuse to smile, joke or laugh while you wait for me to assist you. I do look forward to
spending the next four years on the fringes of your bad natured, rude and miserable exsistence……
I'm having a good time, you should try it sometime.

slick
07-23-2003, 04:35 PM
Just for you on your stressful day. Sorry to hear you're having another bad one! Hope this at least brings back a smile to your face.

RICHARD
07-23-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by slick
Just for you on your stressful day. Sorry to hear you're having another bad one! Hope this at least brings back a smile to your face.

thanks!
actually i wasn't having a stress day - i was just amazed that people will not take the time
to talk to you even tho you have seen them, in the same place for the last four years.

slick
07-23-2003, 06:07 PM
Actually that happens here all the time. I've been here for 15 years and when I get busy I don't have time to be going around saying hello to everyone. I will acknowledge someone if I pass by them or in the elevator but if they don't acknowledge me I really don't care. And I refuse to participate in any pot luck lunches, staff meetings, baby showers, or any other morale boosters. I have not attended the Christmas lunch in 10 years or plan to do so in the future. I work with these people, why do I want to socialize with them.

I know I'm getting away from your topic of discussion but, hey, this is my rant now.

captain
07-23-2003, 09:55 PM
Yup, gonna rant too.

I "ditto" CheshireKatt's comments, and add

Excuse me, is that a magical dishwasher I see?
- Did it automatically load the 5 million dirty cups left on the sink, with last years coffee dregs in it!?

- Did it automatically unload the 5 million dirty cups, only to find YOUR latest dirty cup jammed in amongst all the clean ones

- Did it automatically put all the clean cups away, plus the cutlery, plus the crockery ........... and then give you a dirty look for DARING to stand in the way of YOU putting down yet ANOTHER dirty coffee mug, whilst helping yourself to a clean one

NO FRIGGING WAY!!!!
That was ME = SUCKER. See it tattooed on my forehead????

I am telling you , I am going to, one day place every single mug into a box, and eventually there will be NO CLEAN ones left ...... and NO COFFEE for YOU IDIOTS who cannot use a dishwasher.

AND

OH, is that 200 items of mail in the mail tray. Let me take out MINE ONLY, and leave the rest for the SUCKER (see tattoo comment above).
BUT, SUCKER better hand out my mail (if I missed any), or I will give her the "LOOK".

SUCKER says - "Here, LOOK at the fist coming towards your face"!!!!!

.......... off to fume ....................

Gee, .......... got abit carried away there ............. :eek:

captain
07-23-2003, 09:58 PM
Quote CheshireKatt

You know what I do ............ I walk up to the phone, and change the ring to "silent" mode. Takes a few days before the cellphone moron realises ................ mwahahahahahah!!!

Tonya
07-24-2003, 01:34 AM
Hey, Richard! I am sorry to hear about your bad day! You must work for the same company as me!!! lol.

RICHARD
07-24-2003, 02:43 AM
lol
i had a busy day, no stress and just had to get that one out into the wind.....

on the coffee thread......i transferred into an area and went to put my lunch in the community ice box - next to the coffee machine.....the 'senior employee' on the floor RAN up to me to let me know that i could not have any coffee from the machine because, "everyone pays for it"...
i smiled and told her that it was o.k. because, "I don't drink coffee.."

she turned bright red and sputtered a, 'just so you know' comment......

we began to organize 'hamburger days', ice cream days and other pot luck events for our group....little moral boosters...she declined to participate in those events-pitch in or bring a dish-
but when we closed off the offices to eat and sit around for a few minutes she'd be the first one thru the door with a BS question or
piece of paper....that would lead to the, "oh it smells so good!, what are you eating??"

later she complained to her boss that we we goofing around too much on those days. Her boss told our boss and our boss said,
'They can do what they want, they are good employees and get the job done!'

i almost offered to buy Mrs. Coffee a cup of joe for her humble pie.....but, since I don't drink the stuff.....

;)

RICHARD
08-20-2003, 07:28 PM
this one just happened three minutes ago......

Mr. financial analyst just called me up to remind me that my reports, due at 12 noon, still were not submitted.......

I sent them, via e-mail almost 6 hours ago.....

were they lost? virused? sent to the wrong person?
did i make an error?

NO!

the moron did not open his 'IN BOX' to check to see if i DID send them, and when he finds the message he KEEPS repeating, NO.....NO.......NO.....

Finally, he asks me if I highlighted the changes in yellow......Yes (OF COURSE IT IS!!!).....So now that he asks me that question I know he got them....

then he asks me if they are complete....he's looking at them and can see that for himself, now that he's found the 'lost' reports......

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO LAZY????

:mad: :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :(

captain
08-20-2003, 07:40 PM
.... this happened now too .....

My boss worked from home on Tuesday, and is in the other office today (and yesterday too) (It is Thursday here already!)

Rightio, she did not divert the phone at her desk because she "wanted to work" at home without disturbance.

BUT, her phone here has been ringing every 5 minutes - with rude, rude people going ..........

ME : Good morning, Kate's office, Michelle speak .....
PERSON: (cutting me off) Kate there?
ME: No, she is working from home / other office .... can I ...
PERSON : (Cutting me off AGAIN) Does she have her mobile
ME : YES, you can .......
PERSON : Fine - click!

NO MORE - I am not answering her phone ANYMORE!!!!

grumble, grumble .........
:mad:

RICHARD
08-21-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by captain

BUT, her phone here has been ringing every 5 minutes - with rude, rude people going ..........

see why it's better NOT to be a boss?
all the people you deal with are rude....;)

ADDENDUM to yesterday's rant...

Mr. Financial Analyst calls this morning to let me know he has recalculated my reports-I did not put the totals on the report. He reads me HIS totals
and i open the report that i sent to him......

WHAT THE HELL DID I DO WRONG?????????

the totals are written in TWO PLACES on the report...I set up a place on the report where the comp AUTOMATICALLY totals the numbers, I then transfer that number into the 'TOTALS' box..

I typed them into the BOX NEXT TO THE PLACE WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!

the remedy would be to move them ONE BOX OVER...
no need to waste time adding them up again, making a phone call and sending an e-mail to tell me that
they were missing.....if he had half a brain, wasn't so fricking lazy, and realized that the totals were right there in front of him......

I admit i MADE A MISTAKE but I refuse to believe that people can be that clueless.....

:rolleyes: :confused: :o

zippy-kat
08-21-2003, 01:10 PM
On casual-Fridays, I've seriously considered wearing a top that has,

My Brains Are Even Bigger!

plastered across the front...

Nomilynn
08-21-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
On casual-Fridays, I've seriously considered wearing a top that has,

My Brains Are Even Bigger!

plastered across the front...