PDA

View Full Version : What does his Squeking mean?

Aspen and Misty
07-09-2003, 01:28 PM
When me a Julian go for a walk (I carry him the whole time) or when he is on the ground and we are playing or he's beign brushed or something he makes a soft Squeking noise. Is this normal? Is he not liking what I'm doing, I mean are his squeks his way of saying leave me alone??? Or are they happy squeks? I don't want to do things that don't make him happy.

O another question. I have heard its Cruel to hold your bunny. But Julian doesn't mind being picked up and really seems to be comfterble in my arms. When I go to pick him up now he doesn't even move or run away or squrm (sp) and he always gets comfertble in my arms and even sometiems falls asleep. So is this cruelty to my bunny? Or is Julian an exeption to the rules?

Thanx a bunch!!!

Ash

popcornbird
07-09-2003, 03:39 PM
Bunny's have a voice? :eek: Honestly, I've never heard a peep from a rabbit in my life. I thought they didn't have a voice. :o

wolfsoul
07-09-2003, 03:44 PM
I read that when a bunny makes noises that it means they aren't comfortable, but I'm not sure..

I don't think it's cruel to hold a bunny! I think it's a good thing to help you bond. And if he doesn't seem bothered by it, it's in no way harming him. :)

Rottieluver45
07-09-2003, 04:05 PM
Bunny`s Definatly have a voice, well thelmer does. She used to growl at me, but never made a squeaky noise. She hasn`t in a long time.

I don`t think it`s cruel to carry them. It probably is a good way to bond.

Aspen and Misty
07-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Thanx guys. I will keep doing research on the noise making, I'm stumped.

Ash

Cookiebaker
07-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Willow does the same exact thing!! He does this snorpling/grunting noise when he is very excited/happy. I love, love, love it when he makes those noises!! I call him my little piggy. :o

zippy-kat
07-10-2003, 09:09 PM
Sophie would growl and it sounded like a lil' piggy! She also shrieked one time when we were outside and something scared her -- no more outside adventures for her, thank you. She preferred to be the Princess of Parsley and Pillows. :D

Piper makes a grunt/squeal (truly an ODD noise) when he stretches/yawns.

IF your bunny likes to be held, I don't see any problems doing so. Sophie would let me hold her on her back, much like a mom would a baby. Piper's another story... he's my nervous boy. He prefers all four feet on the ground at all times.

Aspen and Misty
07-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Thanx for the advice Cookiebaker and Tonya!

Willow sounds sooo adorable!! :D

Tonya- Sophie sounds like she was very very spoiled :D And thanx for the input on holding a bunny.

Ash

Tweety_Pie
07-10-2003, 10:00 PM
I don't think it's cruel to hold a bunny, but if you pick them up the wrong way it can break their backs. Maybe thats what the person or book or website was trying to get at. :confused:

p.s. Do you have any new pictutures of Peaches the chameleon??

Aspen and Misty
07-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Tweety_Pie

p.s. Do you have any new pictutures of Peaches the chameleon??

Posting some in a min!
Well right NOW!

lol

Ash