PDA

View Full Version : reach out and touch you???

RICHARD
07-08-2003, 03:56 PM
when eddie sleeps at my feet he always sticks out a paw and puts it in contact with MY foot.

it's the funniest thing, you'll see him walk by and then you feel this paw on your ankle.

does anyone else have this 'problem'??

Prairie Purrs
07-08-2003, 04:16 PM
Kacey usually sleeps next to my pillow, and every once in awhile he'll reach a paw back to tap my face--making sure I'm still there, maybe? Or that I know he's still there? Or that I know that he knows . . . oh, forget it! :)

With Hagrid, on the other hand, I get more than a paw on my ankle. I get the whole darn cat. And he's a lot of cat.

Kiri and Cricket will rest a paw on me sometimes. Especially if one of them is sitting next to me on the sofa. Under those circumstances, I interpret it as "Don't you dare move. I don't want to be bounced around on the sofa cushions."

K & L
07-08-2003, 04:19 PM
Our Bo sleeps in the crook of my arm with her paws wrapped around my arm. If I try and move she pulls my arm closer and tighter to her. My arm and hand have fallen asleep many times!

slick
07-08-2003, 04:19 PM
Max sleeps right beside my pillow and if I roll over on my back he will reach out and touch my shoulder.......as if a warning not to roll over on top of him....:D

DukeandJazzsMom
07-08-2003, 04:30 PM
My two do the same thing. Duke likes to sleep right at my knees, with either a paw or his head lying right over them. Jazz on the other hand.........as long as she is touching me, she is fine.

I believe that it is a comfort issue. Just like babies....they need to know you are there.

Miss Meow
07-08-2003, 05:54 PM
Sometimes I walk past Mini and suddenly feel a furry slap to whichever part of my body is within furry slapping reach :) It's a small reminder that one doesn't walk past him without stopping to pet and admire him ... :rolleyes:

RedHedd
07-08-2003, 06:05 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p3be12a45e07554b70ac42e17a546791c/fbbb6512.jpg

Nomilynn
07-08-2003, 07:13 PM
Nutmeg will reach out and touch my face, or, if I'm annoying her she will put her back foot on my mouth.. I think she's saying "shut up or I'll kick you!"

NoahsMommy
07-08-2003, 07:52 PM
Too cute Richard!! :)

My baby Basie has to always be touching us if he's laying near us. Micah and Hermione are learning that one too recently.

Its so endearing. :)

RICHARD
07-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

Its so endearing. :)

especially right after they used the cat box......lolololol!

NoahsMommy
07-08-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
especially right after they used the cat box......lolololol!
Oh yes....I tend to "forget" about that part! ;)

hee hee ICK!!!

Glacier
07-08-2003, 10:43 PM
Ivy does something similar, but she insists on putting her paw on my cheek while she sleeps. I think it must reassure her somehow.

krazyaboutkatz
07-08-2003, 11:52 PM
Sunny will put his paw on my face to try to wake me up. Storm will put his paw on my shoulder to try to tell me that I've been on the computer too long. :) If I walk by them without aknowledging them, they'll also paw at my leg. :) It sure feels good to be needed. :D

shais_mom
07-09-2003, 12:02 AM
Kylie has to touch me also. And one night I woke up with her paw on my mouth. Wonder if I was snoring. And she has to usually touch something of mine too.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p55eab66e0d093a8e9e0de9f14ce3208f/fbb8c415.jpg

Vio&Juni
07-09-2003, 10:08 AM
Juni does that too :) Sometimes she has to use the claws too... ouch

catlover4ever
07-09-2003, 10:58 AM
Mine do things like that as well. Smokey usually stays on my husbands feet. Every time Mark moves Smokey makes it a point to let him know that he is there.

Tigger is always between Mark and I, right at our shoulders, she likes to give a good stretch every so often. She stretches enough that one night she almost pushed me off the bed. Her nickname is BEDHOG.

Abner is always on my left side, he likes to flip his tail at me....it usually ends up in my mouth, needless to say I usually bolt right awake with that. :eek:

Mystic will just follow you everywhere. She always wants a back rub. You can never go to the bathroom in peace with her around.