PDA

View Full Version : Minnie's little problem

weeze
07-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Hi all..
About a month ago, we took over the basement of our house, which was previously rented. Until then, my two kitties-Baby and Minnie only had access to the main floor. Well, after our tenant moved out, we gave the kitties free reign over the entire house, and guess how Minnie reacted? She did poo on every corner she could find. She never ever did it anywhere other than her litter box before, and when the basement door is closed, she does it in her litter box upstairs. When she goes downstairs, she does it on the floor. I am assuming that this is some kind of territorial thing or she's peeved at the extra space? That doesn't make sense to me. Does anyone have any ideas as to why she is doing this? She is otherwise healthy.

PayItForward
07-08-2003, 05:14 PM
I would guess that she is getting excited running & playing, needs to go potty turns around and goes in the nearest corner.

Kittens are like babies they don't have much time between realising that they need to go and going.

I would either limit the space avaible or do what we have done, place a couple of litter trays on each level of the house.

Good Luck

jenluckenbach
07-08-2003, 07:58 PM
I can't pretend to know why she does this, but I think that cats need litter pans on each floor of the house that they have access to. ( and my personal opinion is more than one per floor if the area from one end to the other is large)

Question:
Were there any cats that lived downstairs that might have soiled the areas and your cats are now picking up on those scents?