PDA

View Full Version : I have an interview tommorrow!! :)

NoahsMommy
07-07-2003, 10:41 PM
Yay! I got a call today regarding a resume and cover letter I faxed last week. :)

I would be working for this wonderful, wonderful company: http://www.joniandfriends.org/ I can't even tell you all what an honor it would be to join them in their endevours. Its an amazing foundation...

I would be doing online research, some receptionist/greeting work and web design/development.

Please say some prayers that it works out. I would really, really love this job. I've been praying for a job that would be good for me mentally, physically and spiritually...this sounds like a great answer. :)

gini
07-07-2003, 11:03 PM
Kelly, you have my prayers that this will be just the right job for you and you are hired immediately!!

AmberLee
07-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Prayer being said for you and fingers and paws crossed. When I saw the website name, I wondered if it was Joni E. Tada. I loved her books.

Good luck.

krazyaboutkatz
07-07-2003, 11:33 PM
This is great news. :D Prayers are on the way that this job will work out and be the perfect job for you. :D

zippy-kat
07-07-2003, 11:34 PM
GOOD LUCK KELLY! :)

shais_mom
07-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Good Luck!

Aspen and Misty
07-08-2003, 12:03 AM
GOOD LUCK! I hope you get this job. I can tell how much you really want it! I'll keep you in my thoughts,

Fingers Crossed!!!

Ash

wolflady
07-08-2003, 12:31 AM
Yay! That is so great, Kelly! That would be a perfect job for you! You'll definitely have prayers and good vibes coming your way from me!! Do let me know how it goes! I will be praying for you tomorrow during your interview! I can't believe I forgot to wish you luck this afternoon! :o
**hugs**
Karen

Miss Meow
07-08-2003, 01:21 AM
Good luck!

Just make sure you don't have to work on Gini's BBQ weekend! :D

anna_66
07-08-2003, 07:34 AM
We'll be keeping our fingers & paws crossed for you:D

Logan
07-08-2003, 07:48 AM
Gosh, Kelly, I don't know what the position would be, but what a terrific organization to be involved with! I have been familiar with Joni for years, but was not up to date on all that she is doing. I remember reading her first book, "Joni", many years ago. I wonder if you will get to meet her. I do hope so. She is quite and inspiration given all of her afflictions, and now she is giving back too.

Good luck!!! Keep us posted!! :)

bnormal
07-08-2003, 08:46 AM
NoahsMommy, I hope you get that job! That would be a life changing experience and to get paid for it to boot...too cool!

Please let us know how it works out.

:D :D :D

bluekat
07-08-2003, 10:16 AM
Good Luck! Fingers and paws are crossed that you get the job, and I hope its the best job for you!:)

PayItForward
07-08-2003, 12:23 PM
Sending loads & loads of good luck.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Keep us updated.

:D

NoahsMommy
07-08-2003, 01:35 PM
Last night, as I was reading everything that website, I was in tears. Joni is amazing....this type of job (especially the organization) is exactly what I've been praying for.

If it doesn't work out where I get the job, I'm happy to at least know where my volunteer time will be spent. :)

I'm off to go get ready. :) I'll post when I get back.

Thanks so much for your prayers and kind wishes.

slick
07-08-2003, 01:36 PM
Prayers to you that things work out. I'll be looking for a positive post when you get back.

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-08-2003, 02:45 PM
Good Luck!

RICHARD
07-08-2003, 03:47 PM
give me the address...
i'll go over and MAKE THEM HIRE YOU!!!!

;)

buena suerte!!!!

(good luck, en espanol)

NoahsMommy
07-08-2003, 07:43 PM
Awww! Thanks guys! :)

Richard....hee hee ;)

I think the interview went really well. My interview started at 1:30 and I left there at 4:00. I got to meet most of the people there (they are ALL so nice!!) and even got a tour of Joni's office and studio. It was so neat to see. She paints with her mouth and its amazing, I could never do what she does with my working hands!!

Anyway, my verbal interview lasted about an hour and a half. I then took my tour and then settled down to take proofreading/grammer, math, writing/printing, letter writing and typing tests.

All I have left to do is send three letters of reference out and have my people send them back. :)

I have a good feeling.... :)

slick
07-08-2003, 07:46 PM
Wow that's a really long interview. Glad it went so well. I'll say an extra prayer for you tonight.....

Felicia's Mom
07-08-2003, 09:16 PM
The best of luck to you.:) :)

captain
07-08-2003, 10:56 PM
Eveything is crossed here for you......... and I am with Richard.

Between the 2 of us .......... they WILL hire you!!! :D :)

NoahsMommy
07-08-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by captain
Between the 2 of us .......... they WILL hire you!!! :D :)
:) I sure hope so! :D

popcornbird
07-09-2003, 12:18 AM
Good luck!

gini
07-09-2003, 12:04 PM
Well, Richard and I live in So. Ca. - so if he will drive - I will go with him and MAKE SURE she gets this job.

But I think that vibes all of the way from Australia is what will convince them.

YOU WILL HIRE KELLY.......
YOU WILL HIRE KELLY.......

:) :) :)

PayItForward
07-09-2003, 12:37 PM
We are sending 'Hire Kelly' thoughts from here too :D

moosmom
07-10-2003, 09:59 AM
Kelly,

I'm sorry I didn't see your thread till now. My daughter is in from Connecticut znd we've been going all day, everyday! By the time we get home, I'm too pooped to go online.

I wish you the VERY best of luck with this job. Whenever you have a great feeling after an interview, and when it lasts THAT long, that is a very good sign.

Please let us know the minute you find out. I'll be thinking about ya. Maybe tonight we can set up a chat??

Good luck, kiddo!! (((((((hugs)))))))

Logan
07-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Did I miss something?? How did it go, Kelly? Fingers and paws crossed for you! :)