PDA

View Full Version : Ughh, I just need to talk to someone

Aspen and Misty
07-07-2003, 07:14 PM
I just needed to talk to someone about a "family issue" at the moment and deced to talk to ya'll.

Well :rolleyes: my baby buddy bear (cat) is in a a very very difficult situation at the moment.

8 months ago my brother the owner of buddy, moved out of my moms house, where Buddy lives, and moved in with my dad and left buddy at my moms. My brother has not been back in 8 months to see him, not even to visit. My sister feeds him, takes him to the vet, gets him inside when there are storms or when its night time (inside outside cat) and does everything for him. She now is moving to South Carolina. She naturally is taking all of her animals, including Buddy, who is now considered her cat since Jerry (my brother and buddy's owner) left. Well, my sister took her cats, Buddy and Smokey to be microchipped and I payed the bill. Some how tonight at dinner the subject came up of me loaning my Abbey money to pay for her cats bills. I told Jerry I loaned Abbey money to get her cats microchipped and then Josh (other brother) payed for hoss. Well Jerry is like what do you mean catS. I was like Smokey and Hoss. And he is like no you said Abbey got her catS microchipped. I just stood up and walked away. Well now he is over there throwing a fit at Abbey because she is going to "steal" "his" cat. I think Abbey should take buddy, and so does the rest of this world. How do we know Jerry will acctaully keep him next time he moves? Ughh, I just wish he could see how happy Buddy will be with Abbey. I know he loves Buddy and all but I mean, he didn't even go visit him for the past 8 months. and now he just expects us to hand Buddy over!!!! :rolleyes:

Thanx for listenting
Ash

captain
07-07-2003, 07:19 PM
I am on your side 100%!!!!!

Your sister obviously loves Buddy ......... and your brother is being ....:rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
07-07-2003, 10:03 PM
I agree....if he left that cat and didn't make arrangements when he left, Buddy belongs to whom ever was taking care of it.

If he wants a cat that bad, I'm sure the local shelter has millions of them.

IttyBittyKitty
07-08-2003, 06:56 AM
Geez, it's not as if your brother has a claim to the cat - I don't see HIM offering to pay the cat's vet bills ... and he didn't bother with Buddy for eight months! I hope he doesn't take kitty, as he sees Buddy as a possession, not as a family member.

trinity
07-08-2003, 08:57 AM
When we were considering adopting Oatmeal, the stray, I was told that (according to PA law atleast) if you feed/house/care for an animal for a certain length of time, you are considered the owner...don't if it is true or how the laws work where you are but I am definitely behind you and your sister! Buddy deserves a new life with someone who cares...and aren't brothers a pain? (I have 3...)

moosmom
07-08-2003, 09:07 AM
Trinity is absolutely right. And besides, possession is 9/10th's of the law. Your sister has Buddy. Plain and simple. Tell him to go adopt another cat, Buddy is your sister's cat now.

catmandu
07-08-2003, 09:50 AM
Buddy is now so used to you and your kindness that to change his address and life would be cruel. Tell your bother to GROW UP! cats are beings not possessions!

Aspen and Misty
07-08-2003, 10:34 AM
Tahnx everyone.

Well, my sister is extremly mad at me because she thinks I told Jerry that She was takeing Buddy with her, but I didn't. I would never tell him that because she wants to.

I agree, Abbey should keep Buddy.

Well, the thing is my younger brother Joshua lost a cat abotu a month before x-mas. We scanned the shelters till the week before christmas and we finally found Buddy and Hoss. We gave Hoss to Josh and Buddy to Jerry christmas eve night, so technically Buddy was Jerry's cat as he was given to him as a gift. But he left Buddy at my moms house, I don't see how he can't understadn that, he left him, never went to visit, Ughh. :rolleyes:

Trinity- Yes brothers are a pain, I also have 3

Ash

Kirsten
07-08-2003, 01:01 PM
Oh, I hope there's a way Buddy can stay with Abbey!

Wish your brother would realize it would be the best for little Buddy!

Kirsten

Lerah021399
07-08-2003, 01:56 PM
I actually had this same problem w/ my sister and my cat Ali. My sister was the one that bought Ali from the pet store and brought her home, but I was the one to take care of her. When my sister moved out (I think she went to college...I can't remember :rolleyes: ) she left Ali with me (I was 14 or 15 at the time). When my sister came back from college about six months later she still left Ali w/ me because she went to live w/ my mom. When she finally got her own place (about a year later), she wanted Ali back...I had to give in because my dad said that she was my sister's cat :mad: Needless to say I was very upset. It was the final straw for me though when my sister's husband threatened to declaw her :mad: :mad: ...thankfully I won in the end and Ali has found her forever home w/ my husband and myself. Hopefully all will work out with your family too.