PDA

View Full Version : Horrible sight at the vet's.

Albea
07-07-2003, 12:19 PM
It has taken me two days just to be able to talk about it; I couldn't get it out of my mind. While I was waiting at the vet's office with Carina last Saturday, in came a couple with a dog who had his head bandaged and most of his body shaved. The poor pup had big gushes all over his body. He was so desfigured that it was hard to tell what kind of mutt he was. Of course everybody there asked what had happened to him. Here is the story: three German Shepherds ganged up on him and if somebody had not separated them, the would have kill him. These were GSD born and bread in Germany, trained as guard dogs. Why in the world somebody who lives in a fairly quiet, rural community would need three guard dogs is beyond me. And why they would allow the dogs to be off leash is irresponsible beyond words. Now the GSDs will have to be put down because they are too dangerous, not only to other dogs but also to children in the area. As far as I'm concerned, the owners should be given a long jail term. But, of course, nothing is going to happen to them. It's the dogs that will be sacrificed because of their stupidity.
The couple who brought the injured pup were to be blamed as well because he was also without a leash and unsupervised. But, at least they took him to the vet right away.
Reading about episodes like this is upsetting enough. Seeing it with my own eyes was absolutely horrible. :mad: :mad: :mad:

CathyBogart
07-07-2003, 12:35 PM
That's so sad for all of the pups involved! Poor GSd's for doing what they were supposed to do, and poor pup for his parents letting him getin the GSD's way!

aly
07-07-2003, 12:42 PM
I'm so sorry you had to witness the condition of the poor pup and hear the awful story :( I've seen and heard things in vet clinics and shelters that I would much rather forget. Its so sad :(

tatsxxx11
07-07-2003, 12:51 PM
I'm so sorry you had to see that, Alicia:( Poor doggies...all of them:( That one dog had to be so severely injured and 3 more PTS because of owner irresponsibity is unforgiveable:(:( Hopefully the injured dog will pull through. I am heartbroken over the loss of the GSD's.:(

GoldenRetrLuver
07-07-2003, 01:15 PM
Omg....that is so sad..:( . Im sorry you had to see that...:( That poor dog....do you know if the dog would be okay? :(

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-07-2003, 01:59 PM
People really just don't use their heads, and it really gets me. I agree with you exactly. Why would you need 3 guard dogs? Those people should go to jail for THEIR stupidity, not the dogs.

primabella
07-07-2003, 02:53 PM
Terrible news :( I'm sorry you had to witness it, even more, I'm sorry it happened. :(

KYS
07-07-2003, 06:22 PM
What a horrible sight for you to see that poor dog in.
I agree no accuse, all the dogs should have been
on a leash.
That is so sad.

anna_66
07-07-2003, 06:24 PM
Oh no, what a terrible thing to have to see:(

Sometimes I really just don't understand people.

PuppieLuver
07-07-2003, 06:42 PM
:( oh my gosh i am so sorri that happend...... Do you know if the dog is okay??? I feel so bad for you :(

~~~Mandy

DoggiesAreTheBest
07-07-2003, 06:43 PM
How horrible!! I am sorry you had to see that :( And the poor pup that got hurt. I hope he will be OK. He is in my thoughts. And what a shame about those GSDs. Irresponsible owners make my blood boil!:mad:

Cookiebaker
07-07-2003, 08:35 PM
Oh how Horrible!! That poor little pup!!

I really have to wonder what the owners were trying to gain by having "loaded weapons" running around unsupervised??? :mad: How is it any different than having a child run around with a loaded gun?? They *SHOULD* face a very long jail sentence.

Sudilar
07-07-2003, 10:07 PM
:( :( :(

Albea
07-08-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by PuppieLuver
:( oh my gosh i am so sorri that happend...... Do you know if the dog is okay??? I feel so bad for you :(
~~~Mandy

From what I saw and heard, it looks like the pup will be fine; he looked quite lively in spite of his horrid wounds. Although it's hard to tell what he'll look like when the bandages around his head come off. The vet had to re-attach his ears because they had been ripped off. The most amazing thing was that while we were waiting, I woman came in with a GSD and the hurt dog didn't flinch.