PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Almighty

kittens
07-06-2003, 10:00 PM
who has seen this movie? did you like it?
I thought it was very funny!

Tonya
07-07-2003, 12:08 AM
We saw it! It was hilarious. I loved it.

RubyMutt
07-07-2003, 12:32 AM
I saw it, I thought it was great :D

slleipnir
07-07-2003, 12:35 AM
I loved it :D

Cookiebaker
07-07-2003, 05:36 AM
i've seen the preview & want to see it sooo bad!! :)

allanimalswelcome
07-07-2003, 07:44 AM
I hated that movie.

I thought it was stupid but that's just me.

~Rachel

lovemyshiba
07-07-2003, 07:48 AM
I loved it too!!!
It was a great story, I thought, and very funny--I just loved the dog:)

kittens
07-07-2003, 08:00 AM
yeah it seemed to have some meaning too along with the comedy. poor newscaster!

Tina
07-07-2003, 09:28 AM
I've seen the previews, I want to see that movie so badly!

bluekat
07-07-2003, 10:17 AM
I've seen it, and I loved it! It was hilarious! I love that part with the newscaster with all those weird sounds, ha ha;) :p
I want to see it again, it has a great story:)

carole
07-07-2003, 05:31 PM
It is here for the school holidays, and we hope to go and see it, I had it recommended to me by k9karen, she finds Jim Carrey a little over the top as I do, but said this was a very funny movie, so I plan to see it, but there is terminator 3 and charlie's angel's as well, so many movies, so little money lol.

allanimalswelcome
07-07-2003, 06:04 PM
I didn't expect so many people here to like it. Everyone I talked to after I saw it was like "Yea it sucked badly"

But it's a big world with a lot of people.

~Rachel

Nomilynn
07-07-2003, 07:10 PM
I thought it was great. Rachel, you are the first person I've heard say they DIDN'T like it :)

mugsy
07-07-2003, 07:58 PM
I cannot STAND Jim Carrey, but thought this was hysterical and actually had a plot. I really enjoyed the movie. Mike was shocked when we walked out he made mention of how much I laughed.

micki76
07-07-2003, 08:24 PM
I abhor Jim Cary, but every critic and their mother said this movie was different. So I plunked down my $16 ($8 for me & $8 for hubby) and went and saw it. I did laugh at the newscaster bit, but other than that I found it completely stupid and so did my husband. There was a couple next to us that got up and left about 1/4 of the way through it.

JMHO.

allanimalswelcome
07-07-2003, 08:37 PM
People left when you saw it too? Not only that when I was in the lobby playing with the Pappilon (is that spelled right?) that the woman who works there brings some guy was like "We payed $10 bucks to watch that ??"

I read this series called The Series of Unfortunate Events and Jim Carrey is supposed to play Count Olaf in the movie grrr....

~Rachel

carole
07-07-2003, 09:40 PM
Hmm I am actually wondering whether to waste my money on seeing this film now, come on more critics please, so I can make my mind up, I am really not a Jim Carrey fan either, but I have just heard so many good reviews on this particular film.

Nomilynn
07-07-2003, 09:52 PM
If you are unsure, wait until you can rent it on video :) That's what I always do when I want to see a movie but wonder if it's worth it. It doens't have any special effects or anything that makes the "big screen" necessary to make it enjoyable :)

carole
07-07-2003, 09:55 PM
Thanks Naomi, did not think of that, it will be about a six month wait, but as I can get them for free I might as well do that, cheers.:) :D

apcrs5122
07-07-2003, 09:59 PM
I've seen the prievews, and I would really like to see it!

AmberLee
07-07-2003, 11:26 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but my nephew is visiting and he's begging to see this one again. He compares it favorably to Terminator 3. I was surprised he raved so about it. Well, he is a 15 y.o. guy, for what it's worth...

kittens
07-07-2003, 11:26 PM
well I would recommend it, very much, and i can't believe there are people that didn't just love it! but, waiting til its on video is a good idea if you are really not sure.

hey has anyone seen analyze that! ? with Robert DeNiro..
I saw the first one, it was ok, I liked it but was not crazy about it... I wonder if the sequel is better? ( I saw on the advertisement for it where he is singing,"I feel pretty oh so pretty!"):D

AmberLee
07-07-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by kittens
... I wonder if the sequel is better?...

Per my sister, NO. She liked the first one, but hates the second. (FWIW, again.)

wolf_Q
07-07-2003, 11:33 PM
I liked it! :)

bluekat
07-08-2003, 09:55 AM
I've never been to any movies when people just leave in the middle of it. Bruce Almighty isn't that bad, I loved it.

allanimalswelcome- they have a movie for A Series Of Unfortunate Events? I love the books:p

My dad wants to see Terminator 3, I think it'll be pretty good. I also want to see Finding Nemo, its so cute! I just saw Charlie's Angels 2 days ago, its not too bad, kind of funny. Oh yeah, and I also want to see Johnny English! My dad said that its been out before, but we've never seen it before, so I want to see it. It looks funny.:)

kittens
07-08-2003, 10:19 AM
if I was not with others that wanted to stay, I would have walked out at the movie,"serial mom" with Kathryn Turner. it was years ago but that was the worst, most tastelss movie, and I lost respect for her for having anything to do with it!
it was terrible.

micki76
07-08-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by kittens
if I was not with others that wanted to stay, I would have walked out at the movie,"serial mom" with Kathryn Turner. it was years ago but that was the worst, most tastelss movie, and I lost respect for her for having anything to do with it!
it was terrible.

That WAS awful, wasn't it? :D

I walked out of 9 Months with Hugh Grant (I didn't walk out with him, he was in the movie :) ) several years ago. That may be the only movie that I've been to that was so bad that I left the theatre.

allanimalswelcome
07-08-2003, 08:09 PM
The Series of Unfortunate Events movie is coming out in 2004. That's why the 10th book isn't coming out till this winter because he's working on the film.

I walked out on "Lilo and Stich" i only saw it because my parents were going to the movies and there was nothing else to see.

Lets see what else....
Charlie's Angel I
Harry Potter
Dinosaur

All were just
bad

mugsy
07-08-2003, 08:12 PM
I can't remember walking out of a movie, but, I did balance my checkbook during "Children of the Corn."

NoahsMommy
07-08-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by allanimalswelcome
The Series of Unfortunate Events movie is coming out in 2004. That's why the 10th book isn't coming out till this winter because he's working on the film.

I walked out on "Lilo and Stich" i only saw it because my parents were going to the movies and there was nothing else to see.

Lets see what else....
Charlie's Angel I
Harry Potter
Dinosaur

All were just
bad
Gosh...what movies DO you like? :)

Haven't seen it. I guess I don't like the idea of the movie...bah humbug, I know. ;)

CathyBogart
07-08-2003, 11:58 PM
I ADORED IT! So did my anti-Carrey boyfriend, which was a big surprise to me! I was expecting a decent, mildly funny movie, and it was GREAT and really funny!

dogzzz
07-09-2003, 12:21 AM
I'll wait till I can rent it. That way the dogzzz can see it too.

carole
07-10-2003, 08:11 PM
I really enjoyed Charlie's Angels one so I am going with my daughter to see THROTTLE tomorrow, hope this one is as good, I just enjoyed the humour and the action, not the best movie I have ever seen but entertains me so thats what it's all about really.:)

AmberLee
07-11-2003, 12:15 AM
While my nephew was visiting, we saw Bruce Almighty and Charlies Angels II. I enjoyed them both, for what it's worth... :p

carole
07-13-2003, 07:34 PM
Just seen Throttle, it was very LOUD, or am I just getting old, not too bad, not as funny as the first one I think, but not bad entertainment.
Anyone seen DADDYS DAYCARE, my daughter is going to see it at the weekend., also any reviews on LIZZIE MACGUIRE. Thanks.

kingrattus
07-13-2003, 09:59 PM
I saw it last month with Rob. It was our first date in ages alone!! We loved the movie, we were in such a great mood afterwards we went to a drive in the wooded area of the city & watch a buck grazing fr almost 30 mins (it was about 11:30pm), I'll never foreget that night

kittens
07-14-2003, 03:38 AM
I walked out of 9 Months with Hugh Grant (I didn't walk out with him, he was in the movie ) several years ago. That may be the only movie that I've been to that was so bad that I left the theatre

what did you not like about it?? I thought it was very funny! Robin Williams was in that wasn't he? I really liked that movie.