PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel Gratitude

Edwina's Secretary
07-06-2003, 07:54 PM
I don't know if Shirley was angry because we went away for a few days and weren't here to feed her...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid68/p291ea3a9deb18ab7a2d25aeed2f1cc6b/fbc2f558.jpg

or if this is just her way of expressing her gratitude for the POUNDS of nuts we feed her and her friends but it wasn't very nice...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid68/p3195723a77ccde1d650d9b44c8323004/fbc2f54c.jpg
:( :( :(

So much for those impatiens!! (We won't even talk about her mistaking my finger for a peanut. My.... those little teeth are SHARP!)

NoahsMommy
07-06-2003, 07:57 PM
Uh oh! Did she really bite you??? Did you go get a tetnus shot???? :eek:

Poor impatients.... :(

Cinder & Smoke
07-06-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I don't know if Shirley was angry because we went away
for a few days and weren't here to feed her...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid68/p291ea3a9deb18ab7a2d25aeed2f1cc6b/fbc2f558.jpg

My.... those little teeth are SHARP!)

Gone!!
..."for a FEW Days...!! :eek:

No wonder she was :mad: "miffed"!

Possibly you should provide one of those "Self Feeders" -
with a suitable supply of *Nutz* for the duration of your absence?

Or, at the very least; provide "Feeding Instructions" to
the Edwina & Eddie Care Givers. ;)

wolfsoul
07-06-2003, 10:02 PM
How cute! :)

Well, if squirrels are anything like rats, they can't give anything from bites (except pain :rolleyes: ) because their bites are dry. But I don't know too much about squirrels...

I know how you feel :( Frisco lunged for Icarus two days ago and got me. Didn't even know it was me, just kept tearing away at my wrist. Now I have a huge gash, and blood keeps pouring out of it, even after two days! Blah...

Fuzzy317
07-06-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
We won't even talk about her mistaking my finger for a peanut. My.... those little teeth are SHARP!

I got bit by a squirrel back in May at a race track. It was inside the race track, I got it out of harms way. The bite went through my gloves. The bite was cleaned by medical people and it never got infected.

Someone told me, that if they had known I was going to catch the squirrel and get bit, they would have just killed it. I told them No! I still believe in catch and release, although I probably would have used a towel to catch it. :)

RICHARD
07-07-2003, 04:43 PM
lol,
your thread reminded me of some squirrel tales from the beach.

There is a campsite on the coast of california
called Big Sycamore Canyon campgrounds. There are hundreds of squirrels on the premises....they are pretty harmless but if you feed them....LOOK OUT!

Once they climbed up into the chassis of my dad's Blazer and chewed thru the wiring, thank god dad was handy with his hands!! He fixed the problem in no time at all.

During another trip a troop of college kids pulled up at the next site. While the counselors went to
get some supplies the kids began to 'play with' the squirrels by tying a paper bag to a fishing pole. When the squirrels would climb into the bag they'd flip the bag up with the pole and send the
squirrels flying....after a few 'evil eyes' they
decided to go swimming......the group had a pulled a trailer to the site, in the trailer were their cooking supplies, food stuffs and other crap...

after the kids left, about 20 squirrels took their
revenge on all the bread in that trailer...i sat back and watched the show!!!! the absolute best part was the look on the kids faces when they got back....the squirrels thrashed about 35 dollars worth of bread, crackers and cookies...... priceless!

on the same trip i took a walk down to the beach with the girlfriend. i left dad behind with a sandwich, chips and a drink...

as i approached the site on the way back i noticed that dad had fallen asleep with his food in his lap....there were squirrels all over the table, on the chairs, under his chair (eating the spilled chips), one was in the process of climbing his leg to get to the sandwich...as i got closer i yelled his name, as he opened his eyes the look on his face changed to
disbelief as he watched his lunch guests scatter!

that is one of the fondest memories of my dad....the day he took lunch with his squirrel friends!

kingrattus
07-07-2003, 04:55 PM
Silly girl :)

Heses a cute song & video
Song (http://www.flowgo.com/flowgo2_view.cfm?page_id=58988)

Airedalekisses
07-07-2003, 04:59 PM
ah we too have the squirrels-they never seem to do any damage to our yard; just to the nasty neighbour we have-who tries to trap them- the lovely squirrels Benjamin and Max make a mess of her flowers and ornamental junk in her garden-feed a squirrel and you have a friend for life!! They're my bodyguards in fur coats.

iceyshiver21
07-07-2003, 05:38 PM
Do you know what else the squirrel left you "IN" the flowers??

Barbara
07-08-2003, 11:08 AM
IF Shirley wasn't fed during the time you were away THEN she needed a place to store nuts for bad times. Just logical?

My favorite squirrel story was the squirrel at Agnes Lake (near Lake Louise) in Canada: One was down in a cup of hot chocolate so deep you could only see its tail. The other one just jumped on the table and snatched a really big cookie. Looked like: Where does the cookie with the squirrel go?

slick
07-08-2003, 11:40 AM
I raised a squirrel once. My BF at the time (glad to say he's an X now!) and I were walking in Stanley Park and came across a baby squirrel on the road. Apparently his Mother was hit by a car. I sought out the advice from some Parks keepers and took little Skippy home. He was bottle fed every two hours for a while and after a few months he was ready for release. We took him to the same place where I found him and he took off and started playing with the other squirrels down there. It was quite heartwarming and painful at the same time. That's why I can't foster...

RICHARD
07-08-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
Where does the cookie with the squirrel go?

to get some coffee??;)

ramanth
07-08-2003, 01:03 PM
:(

Shirley... that's not nice. :(