PDA

View Full Version : James (our possible new rescue) UPDATE

Sevens
07-06-2003, 01:35 PM
The play date last week went really well. Brian's only concern is having two dogs in the house...he's not sure how it would be to have two.

He finally has his chance. The couple who has James right now is going to Charleston, SC from 7/13 to 7/20. They want us to dog-sit James until they get back. It's great because it will give Brian a chance to try out the "two dog situation" without having any pressure to hurry up and make a decision to keep James. Although, after talking to the wife, I am sure that if we decide not to give James back to them when they come back, they'll be very happy with that. :D ;)

If you don't remember what James looks like, here's a picture from my previous post about him....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/pbd9544f859945dce65cb334c4fcea504/fbd73c0d.jpg

Keep your fingers crossed that the week goes ok and that my hubby decides we can keep James! :)

Cincy'sMom
07-06-2003, 02:27 PM
We found that in a lot of ways having two, actually made it easier then just one. Yes, they play a lot and sometimes bump into things, but at the same time they helped to entertain each other. It is much nicer to send them out to play together than to feel you should go out too all the time to entertain.

We now have 3, and that isn't always easy, but definately worth it!!

Good luck with the dog-sitting. Hopefully your hubby will fall in love with James and not be able to return him :)

primabella
07-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Good luck with James! He's gorgeous! :)

lovemyshiba
07-06-2003, 09:43 PM
Two is always better than one;)
I hope everything goes well--believe me, as long as they like each other, you won't even realize there are 2 of them--they will have a constant companion!!!

Good luck!!!

Sevens
07-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Actually, after I posted that, I rearranged my kitchen a little bit. Brian said there was no more room for another set of dog dishes (small kitchen), but now there is.

And I already have a set of dishes ready and waiting for James. :D

The only thing I did realize about him from the meeting that I thought was a little weird was that he acted "couch possessive". He was laying on their couch and Bailey came up to him and tried to get up too and he snapped at her. But when we put him back on the floor, he played nice with her again.

Maybe he was just doing a "King of the Hill" thing. Or maybe he's just possessive of that couch since that is where he lives right now. They'll have to learn to share at my house, we only have one couch. :)

KYS
07-06-2003, 11:16 PM
I hope everything works out for you.
I remember Carrie (one of our Pet Talk members)
use to say, (not her exact words) never let your dog on the bed
or furniture. It had to do with Alpha status.
So maybe by James being on the couch,
when Baily came by it did make him feel like
"king of the hill"?

Keep us posted. :)

clara4457
07-07-2003, 06:56 AM
I have had to take bed and sofa privileges away from Leo and Penny Lane since their tussle. It is widely regarded as an "alpha" position to be on the furniture. There are some great free articles by Suzanne Clothier on her website. http://www.flyingdogpress.com/articles.html

Unfortuately the one about the multi dog household in being edited and I couldn't access it yesterday.

Good Luck - I'm sure you will make it all work out. :D Bailey and James are both adorable.