PDA

View Full Version : I'm Trying To Save This Sweetie's Life

CattleDogMom
07-06-2003, 12:52 AM
Hi all....I am considering adopting again. Casey really needs a companion. I have no clue how my mate will react when he get's back, but hey, he must have a soft spot somewhere in that heart, right???

N E Who, I was on Petfinder.com, and I found Elsa near me. Her shelter due date is up and they can ......you know....any day now. She needs me. I wouldn't have found her picture first out of hundreds if it wasn't meant to be right? (unless she has already been adopted, which is still just as good, cause then at least she's safe.)

I emailed the contact lady, and she emailed me immediately, which is good for 10:30 at night on Saturday. She said as far as she knows Elsa still needs a home, and was going to have the shelter contact me. If all goes well, I will take Casey to meet her on Monday, and since she came to the shelter already spayed, her fee is only $10!

without further adue, Elsa
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid68/p86cc8b72a6c60444b70a2bb70b4152d9/fbc075a0.jpg

binka_nugget
07-06-2003, 12:58 AM
ohhh good luck! she is gorgeous and i'm sure casey would love a "toy" to play with lol. :D

CattleDogMom
07-06-2003, 01:00 AM
Elsa's face is exactly like Casey's!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid64/p65030694f36e903ee5dc9cd62abfb0bd/fbfe28a5.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
07-06-2003, 01:11 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk. :D I'm so glad that you're able to adopt Elsa. I'm sure that Casey will love her. :D

Cincy'sMom
07-06-2003, 06:58 AM
Elsa is beautiful!!! I hope it works out! She and Casey would make a stunning duo :)

sasvermont
07-06-2003, 07:07 AM
What a sweet looking doggie! I surely hope all works out perfectly for you when you go for your visit to meet Elsa. Keep an open mind! You have such a big heart for doing this that I hope you get repaid with lots of doggie love from Elsa!

Keep us posted on the outcome! We would love pictures as you may have already guessed!

Welcome to Pet Talk....

Sallyanne
and her three bratty cats!

HoRsELUvR
07-06-2003, 08:23 AM
Elsa is so adorable.I hope all goes well with her.

Cataholic
07-06-2003, 08:29 AM
They look nearly identical!! I think it WAS meant to be. I hope Casey will welcome Elsa. What is he like around other dogs???

Good luck.

Tina
07-06-2003, 08:31 AM
Elsa is beautiful! I hope that it all works out!!

moosmom
07-06-2003, 10:25 AM
YIPPEEE!!!! Elsa's getting a home! I hope she and Casey get along.

There seem to be alot of German Shorthaired Pointers in shelters lately. At the Dearborn Shelter, there are 2 of them. Both beautiful. I don't understand why they're there but I do hope someone adopts them soon.

anna_66
07-06-2003, 10:28 AM
I hope all works out either way.

I agree...seems like it might just be meant to be:)

CattleDogMom
07-06-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
They look nearly identical!! I think it WAS meant to be. I hope Casey will welcome Elsa. What is he like around other dogs???

Good luck.

Actually, yes, he is good with other dogs. I began taking to the doggie park immediately after I got him. Sometimes he can be rough, which is still the puppy in him. I'm hoping Elsa will be a "calming effect" on him. You know it takes a good woman to do that.....lol

On the other hand, my mate called me from Fort Jackson this morning. First time I have heard from him in over a week and he tells me we can't afford another mouth to feed. Like he knows anything about what goes on here! What nerve to be gone for months at a time and then tell me what we can afford and not afford. The ARMY direct deposits his paycheck right into the bank account. I'm the one who knows what's going on, not him. *HUMPH*

Well, if he has a problem with it when he get's back....let's just say if the fur-babies go, I go!

Crystal

CattleDogMom
07-08-2003, 12:03 AM
I am taking Casey to meet Elsa day after tomorrow.

(unless she is adopted by then, which wouldn't bother me, just so long as her life is saved)

however, I have notifed the lady that runs the shelter if a hand is laid on Elsa before I get there Karmic retribution will be nothing compared to what I will do!

(on a side note, what do you think Karma is going to do to the people that actually euthanize animals as their jobs?)

ramanth
07-08-2003, 08:14 AM
Elsa is a beautiful pup! I hope all goes well with the meet and greet!