PDA

View Full Version : puzzle 89

delidog
10-26-2001, 04:51 PM
Here are the rules:
1. You may only guess one letter at a time.
2. After you have guessed a letter, you must wait for another player to guess a letter before you can go again.
3. The host of the game responding to a guess does not count as a turn. Should you choose a letter, then receive a response from the member host, you must wait for the next member to guess a letter.
4. One point will be awarded for each correct letter, 2 points for vowels.
5. Only six misses are allowed in the game.

6. If you wish to guess the phrase, send it to my email, [email protected]
DO NOT post it on the forum. If you wish to guess a letter, post it on the forum.

7. You must have submitted a correct letter to submit your solution. Unlike letters, if you submit a wrong solution, you are disqualified from continuing in that puzzle.
8. The player who correctly guesses the phrase wins the game. If no one has guessed it correctly after six misses, then the player with the most points wins the game.

And here is what you win...you get to create the next puzzle. (Should you win the game, and do not care to host the next puzzle, you may pass your puzzle play to the member with the next highest points)

Here is the puzzle:
-- --- ---- --- -- ---- - -- ---- --- - ---- ------- -- --- ----- ------ --- --- ----- ---- - ---- -- ---- ---- ---- -- -- -- -- ---- -- ---- ---- ---- ---- --- ---- -- ----- -------, --- - ---- ---- --- --- ---- -----. -- ---- - ----- --- ---- ---- -- ---- -- ----- ------- --- ------- --. ------- ------ letters left to guess:abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxtz good luck guesses so far: 0

Dixieland Dancer
10-26-2001, 05:42 PM
Me first!!!! Can I have an I please.

delidog
10-26-2001, 06:02 PM
Here are the rules:
2. After you have guessed a letter, you must wait for another player to guess a letter before you can go again.
3. The host of the game responding to a guess does not count as a turn. Should you choose a letter, then receive a response from the member host, you must wait for the next member to guess a letter.
DO NOT post it on the forum. If you wish to guess a letter, post it on the forum.

7. You must have submitted a correct letter to submit your solution. Unlike letters, if you submit a wrong solution, you are disqualified from continuing in that puzzle.
8. The player who correctly guesses the phrase wins the game. If no one has guessed it correctly after six misses, then the player with the most points wins the game.

And here is what you win...you get to create the next puzzle. (Should you win the game, and do not care to host the next puzzle, you may pass your puzzle play to the member with the next highest points)

Here is the puzzle:
-- --- ---- --- -- ---- I -- ----, --- I ---- --i---- i- --- ----- ------. --- --- -i--- ---- I ---- -- ----. -i-- ---- -- -- i- -- -i-- -- ----. ---- -i-- ---- --- ---- i- ----- ---i---, --- I -i-- ---- --- --- ---- -i---. -- ---- - ----- --- ---- -i-- --, ---- -- ----- --i---- --- ------- --. -i----- ------ letters left to guess:abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxtz good luck guesses so far: 0

go dixieland dancer...there were 18 "i"s' you get 36 points.....

the deli dog a.k.a. bark barker!!!

mugsy
10-26-2001, 06:21 PM
May I have an "A" please? Thanks!

delidog
10-26-2001, 08:02 PM
Here are the rules:

Here is the puzzle:
-- --- ---- --- -- ---- I a- ----, --- I -a-- --i---- i- --- --a-- ------. A-- --- -i--- ---- I ---- -- ----. -i-- ---- -- -- i- -- -i-- -- ----. ---- -i-- ---- a-- -a-- i- ---a- ---i---, A-- I -i-- ---- a-- --- ---- -i---. -- --a- a ---a- -a- --a- -i-- --, ---- -- ----- --i---- a-- ------- --. -i--a-- ------ letters left to guess:abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxtz good luck guesses so far: 0

the deli dog a.k.a. bark barker!!!
o.k. the"as'" have 16 vowels...a....so they get 32 points...
there have been 2 posts....for 52 points....
the remaining lettera are : bcdefghjklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Karen
10-26-2001, 08:05 PM
E, please!

(And you don't need to post the rules every time - once at the top is enough!)

Dixieland Dancer
10-27-2001, 05:23 AM
An O please!

delidog
10-27-2001, 05:37 AM
florida
October 26, 2001 09:02 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the rules:

Here is the puzzle:
-- --- -ee-- --- -e --e- I a- ---e, --- I -a-e --ie--- i- --e --ae- -e----. A-- --e -i---e --e- I --e- -- -ee-. -i-- ---e -- -e i- -- -i-e -- -ee-. --e- -i-- ---- a-- -a-- i- --ea- -e-i---, A-- I -i-- ---- a-- --- --e- -i---. -- --a- a --ea- -a- --a- -i-- -e, --e- -- ----- --ie--- a-- -e----e -e. -i--a-- -e-e-- letters left to guess:bcdfghjklmnopqrstuvwxyz

o.k. the"as'" have 16 vowels...a....so they get 32 points...
karen there were 34 "e"s' so you get 68 points for the lead so far
--------------------

the deli dog

Karen
October 26, 2001 09:05 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E, please!

delidog
10-27-2001, 05:49 AM
Here is the puzzle:
-o -o- -ee- -o- -e --e- I a- -o-e, -o- I -a-e --ie--- i- --e --ae- -e-o--. A-- --e -i---e o-e- I --e- -o -ee-. -i-- -o-e -o -e i- -- -i-e o- -ee-. --e- -i-- ---- a-- -a-- i- --ea- -e-i---, A-- I -i-- -o-- a-- --- --e- -i---. O- --a- a --ea- -a- --a- -i-- -e, --e- -- ----- --ie--- a-- -e--o-e -e. -i--a-- -e-e-o letters left to guess:bcdfghjklmnpqrstuvwxyz
dixieland dancer 36 points for "i" and 30 points for 15"o"s equals 66 points-----------mugsy has 32 points for 16 "a"s ---------
karen has 68 points for "e" s
the deli dog

Karen
October 26, 2001 09:05 PM
E, please!

--------------------

the deli dog

All times are Eastern Time

Karen
10-27-2001, 05:12 PM
T, please?

Dixieland Dancer
10-27-2001, 06:27 PM
R please.

delidog
10-28-2001, 06:05 AM
Here is the puzzle:
-o -ot -ee- -or -e --e- I a- -o-e, -or I -a-e -rie--- i- --e -reat -e-o--. A-- t-e -itt-e o-e- I --e- to -ee-. -i-- -o-e to -e i- -- ti-e o- -ee-. T-e- -i-- --rr a-- -a-r- i- -reat -e-i--t, A-- I -i-- -o-- a-- --- t-e- ti--t. O- --at a -reat -a- t-at -i-- -e, --e- -- --rr- -rie--- a-- -e--o-e -e. Ri--ar- -e--ro letters left to guess:bcdbcdfghjklmnpqsuvwxyz
dixieland dancer 36 points for "i" and 30 points for 15"o"s equals 66 points-----------mugsy has 32 points for 16 "a"s --------- karen has 68 points 18 "t"s for 18 points to add to karens 68 = 86points 15 "r"s for 15 points to add to dixieland dancers' 66 points =81 points

delidog
10-28-2001, 06:51 PM
dixieland....sorry i missed a "t" ...you have 82 points!!!!! the deli dog...sorry i am new at this!!!! :o

delidog
10-28-2001, 07:23 PM
do we have only three players on puzzle89????this is unusual....i would think more would like to participate!!!??!!??!!? the deli dog ;) :D

delidog
10-28-2001, 07:31 PM
:) :D ;) :) :D ;)

Dixie Belle
10-28-2001, 07:57 PM
I'll put in a guess for you...I'll take a "C" please!!

Fuzzy317
10-28-2001, 11:09 PM
F please :)

delidog
10-29-2001, 03:51 AM
Here is the puzzle:
-o -ot -ee- for -e --e- I a- -o-e, for I -a-e frie--- i- t-e -reat -e-o--. A-- t-e -itt-e o-e- I --e- to fee-. -i-- co-e to -e i- -- ti-e of -ee-. T-e- -i-- --rr a-- -a-r- i- -reat -e-i--t, A-- I -i-- -o-- a-- --- t-e- ti--t. O- --at a -reat -a- t-at -i-- -e, --e- -- f-rr- frie--- a-- -e-co-e -e. Ric-ar- -e--ro letters left to guess:bcdbdghjklmnpqsuvwxyz
dixieland dancer 36 points for "i" and 30 points for 15"o"s equals 66 points-----------mugsy has 32 points for 16 "a"s --------- karen has 68 points 18 "t"s for 18 points to add to karens 68 = 86points 15 "r"s for 15 points to add to dixieland dancers' 66 points =81 points
--------------------

the deli dog

delidog
October 28, 2001 07:51 PM
dixieland....sorry i missed a "t" ...you have 82 points!!!!! the deli dog...sorry i am new at this!!!!
--------------------

the deli dog

delidog
October 28, 2001 08:23 PM
do we have only three players on puzzle89????this is unusual....i would think more would like to participate!!!??!!??!!? the deli dog
--------------------

the deli dog

delidog
October 28, 2001 08:31 PM

Dixie Belle
October 28, 2001 08:57 PM
I'll put in a guess for you...I'll take a "C" please!!
--------------------

I am owned by: Jewel, Justin, Blue, Mama, Belle, Beautiful, Sweet, Sour, and Otto.

Fuzzy317
October 29, 2001 12:09 AM
F please
--------------------

Owned by 4 Cats: Jackson, Rosie, Twidgit, Ashton; and 1 dog: Eli

Fuzzy317's Pets

All times are Eastern Time

a total of 7 "f"s...7 points for fuzzy 317 317

only 3 "c"s....total 85 points for dixie

Dixieland Dancer
10-29-2001, 08:06 AM
I will take a N please.

Dog lover5678
10-29-2001, 01:54 PM
gimmy a u!!!

Fuzzy317
10-29-2001, 07:17 PM
D please

mugsy
10-29-2001, 07:31 PM
May I have an "R" please. Thanks!

Fuzzy317
10-29-2001, 09:00 PM
S please :)

Dixieland Dancer
10-30-2001, 08:58 AM
M please

Fuzzy317
10-30-2001, 05:37 PM
V please :)

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: Fuzzy317 ]

delidog
10-31-2001, 05:23 AM
Here is the puzzle:
Do not -ee- for me --en I am -one, for I -ave friends in t-e -reat -e-ond. A-- t-e -itt-e ones I used to feed. -i-- come to me in m- time of need. T-e- -i-- -urr and -ar- in -reat de-i--t, And I -i-- -o-d and -u- t-em ti--t. O- --at a -reat da- t-at -i-- -e, --en m- furr- friends a-- -e-come me. Ric-ard Severo letters left to guess:bcghjklpqwxyz dixie dancer 85 points + 10 "m"s + 13 "n"s=108 points karen 86 points fuzzie 7 points + 2 "v"s + 4 "S"s + 14 "d"s =27 points mugsy...i am sorry but r was guessed before you dog lover 5678 there are 4 "u"s for 8 points

Dixieland Dancer
10-31-2001, 08:45 AM
I sent in a guess!

delidog
11-01-2001, 04:56 AM
congratulations dixieland dancer!!!!! both you and fuzzy317 sent in correct guesses...however, you sent yours at 9:45 a.m., and fuzzy sent theirs' at 6:00 p.m.... so dixie would you like to host the next puzzle???? otherwise, it goes to fuzzy..... the correct answer is: Do not weep for me when I am gone, for I have friends in the great beyond.
All the little ones I used to feed. will come to me in my time of need. They
will purr and bark in great delight, And I will hold and hug them tight. Oh
what a great day that will be, when my furry friends all welcome me. Richard
Severo thanks all, the deli dog!!! :) ;) :D

delidog
11-01-2001, 05:12 AM
:) :)

delidog
11-01-2001, 05:20 AM
:)

Dixieland Dancer
11-01-2001, 08:07 AM