PDA

View Full Version : Please help me welcome my new cat!

nsweezie
07-05-2003, 01:34 PM
It's been a while since I last posted, but I wanted to share with everyone my new cat!
I already have 2 myself, Clyde and Scooter. I live with my sister, and she has 4 cats and a dog. And I didn't have any plans of getting another cat...
Anyways, I saw a poster in my neighbourhood that was asking if anyone wanted a cat. Apparantly the owners had decided that pet ownership wasn't for them, and they didn't want their cat anymore. Well, I fell in love with the picture of this cat, and decided that since I have 2 already, and they are both boys I needed to get a female cat.
Her name is Freya, and she is around 6 months or so. She is a really pretty stripey brown, and has gorgeous green eyes. I get the feeling that she was pretty ignored in her old home, because the slightest bit of attention gets her purring like I've never heard before. The other cats are a bit put off, but I'm sure that they will adjust. I can't believe I live with 7 cats, but I wouldn't change it for anything.
I'll try and post pictures soon, once I get some film for my camera!

aly
07-05-2003, 01:40 PM
She sounds like a big sweetie! I can't wait to see some pics :)

jenluckenbach
07-05-2003, 02:00 PM
WELCOME Freya.!!!!!

zippy-kat
07-05-2003, 02:20 PM
welcome, welcome, WELCOME!

~and~

pictures, pictures, PICTURES!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

kimlovescats
07-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Congratulations!!! Can't wait to meet Freya!:D

rg_girlca
07-05-2003, 04:27 PM
A big hearty WELCOME Freya. You sound like a real cutie pie. Can't wait to see pictures of you.

krazyaboutkatz
07-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Freya!!!:D I can't wait to hear more about you and see some pictures of you. You sound like a real sweetheart. :)

catmandu
07-06-2003, 10:19 AM
A hearty Lost Cat Hotel welocome to Freya , and may you have many years of happiness in your new home! Bless your Guardian for giving you a second chance! Meeeeeeow from us all!

ChrisH
07-06-2003, 11:58 AM
Welcome Freya!:) Looking forward to seeing your pictures and hearing lots more about you.:)

kittens
07-06-2003, 12:32 PM
I think thats so wonderful of you...but I hope she has been given a good bill of health from the vet, so your other cats don't get sick! I only say this because I have had it happen and would not wish it on you.

people that get pets then decide they don't want them...they should buy one of those electronic pets, maybe they could handle those!

Cataholic
07-06-2003, 03:38 PM
Welcome Freya! Can't wait for the pictures.

NoahsMommy
07-06-2003, 03:41 PM
Yay!! Freya is now in a home she deserves. That's so great! Thank you for taking her in. :)

Welcome sweet Freya...we can't wait to hear all about you!

nsweezie
07-11-2003, 04:01 AM
Hi!
I managed to get a picture of Freya, she is so full of energy that she doesn't sit still for very long.
She is settling in well, the other cats are tolerating her, and will hopefully learn to like her.
She had a vet exam before she met her new brothers and sisters, as I was worried about feline leukemia, and thankfully everything is great. The vet says she can come back in a few months for her operation :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-11-2003, 06:44 AM
Freya, you are one gorgeous fluffy kitty!

Congrats on finding a wonderful furever home!

Ally sends Kitten Kisses!:D

catlover4ever
07-11-2003, 07:12 AM
Welcome Freya! :) You are one beautiful kitty. :D I absolutely love your eyes.

07-11-2003, 08:07 AM
Ooooooooooooooooo, what a sweetie she is!
Welcome Freya!!!

Denyce
07-11-2003, 08:36 AM
Oh she is just BEAUTIFUL!!!:D :D

Vio&Juni
07-11-2003, 08:45 AM
WOW, she is so beautiful! I think she looks like Lut's Inka, her face is similar.

aguu
07-11-2003, 08:48 AM
Welcome Freya!
Seh is absolutely beautiful.
How can anyone just give up a pet is beyond me.
Her face reminded me of Inka too!!

RedHedd
07-11-2003, 10:48 AM
What a beautiful little kitty! I'm sure you will grow into your tail! :D

Barbara
07-11-2003, 03:06 PM
Welcome Freya. You look like Inka's sister - that's true. You're incredibly fluffy -I would like to pet you:)

Steffi N
07-11-2003, 08:12 PM
What an adorable little fluffball. I was reminded of Inka too.
Welcome to your forever home and to Pet Talk Freya.

krazyaboutkatz
07-12-2003, 01:57 AM
She's gorgeous. :D I'd love to see more pics of her. :)

nsweezie
08-13-2003, 05:22 AM
Just thought I would update on little Freya. She has settled well into the household, the other cats are either tolerating her or are quite fond of her. She is a really sweet little cat, she purrs all the time, and it is the loudest purr I have ever heard. She has a sweet nature, and loves to cuddle, so she is a great addition to the house.
In 3 weeks she goes for her 'operation', and I hope she will bounce back quickly.
In other news, a stray has shown up in our backyard! He is quite pretty, a solid grey, and fairly young, but he is quite thin. I have been feeding him, and we put a box with a blanket outside so he can sleep there at night. I've had an ad running in the newspaper for 2 days now, to see if he has an owner. I wasn't planning at all to have another cat, this would make 8, so I am going to try to find a home for him with a friend if he doesn't have an owner. I'll keep everyone posted on what happens to him (we've nicknamed him Edgar)

kimlovescats
08-13-2003, 07:28 AM
Congratulations and I love the name Freya! Can't wait to see pictures!!! hint, hint ;)

Killearn Kitties
08-13-2003, 07:50 AM
What a beautiful little girl Freya is. I'm glad she has found a home worthy of her now.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-13-2003, 10:55 AM
Freya is such a cutie! And I'm happy to hear she's settling in so nicely.

Great work with Edgar. Hopefully you will find him a home soon, poor little guy.

:)