PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Bridge Musings...Sept. 11

tatsxxx11
09-20-2001, 06:39 PM
Sent to me from one of my friends on a A.A.T. group I belong to. A comforting thought.

WELCOME AT RAINBOW BRIDGE by AlexanderTheodore, Bouvier, Fourth Year Resident

On the morning of September 11, 2001, there was an unprecedented amount
of activity at the Rainbow Bridge. Decisions had to be made. They had to be
made quickly. And, they were.

An issue, not often addressed here, is the fact that many residents
really have no loved one for whom to wait. Think of the pups who lived and
died in hideous puppy mills. No one on earth loved or protected them. What
about the many who spent unhappy lives tied in backyards? And, the ones who
were abused. Who are they to wait for?

We don't talk about that much up here. We share our loved ones as they
arrive, happy to do so. But we all know there is nothing like having your
very own person who thinks you are the most special pup in the Heavens.

Last Tuesday morning a request rang out for pups not waiting for specific
persons to volunteer for special assignment.. An eager, curious crowd surged
excitedly forward, each pup wondering what the assignment would be.
They were told by a solemn voice that unexpectedly, all at once, over
4,000 loving people had left Earth long before they were ready. All the pups,
as all pups do, felt the humans' pain deep in their own hearts. Without
hearing more, there was a clamoring among them - "May I have one to comfort?" "I'll take two, I have a big heart." "I have been saving kisses forever."

One after another they came forward begging for assignment. One
cozy-looking fluffy pup hesitantly asked, "Are there any children coming? I
would be very comforting for a child 'cause I'm soft and squishy and I always
wanted to be hugged." A group of Dalmatians came forward asking to meet the
Firemen and be their friends. The larger working breeds offered to greet the
Police Officers and make them feel at home. Little dogs volunteered to do
what they do best, cuddle and kiss.

Dogs who on Earth had never had a kind word or a pat on the head, stepped
forward and said, "I will love any human who needs love." Then all the dogs, wherever on Earth they originally came from, rushed to the Rainbow Bridge and stood waiting, overflowing with love to share - each tail wagging an American Flag.

Sudilar
09-20-2001, 07:23 PM
Sniff, sniff. That was beautiful!

jackiesdaisy1935
09-20-2001, 07:51 PM
That is beautiful. I once read a saying that said
"All the animals you have ever come in contact with on earth will be at the Rainbow Bridge and only they will decide if you get to cross over".

lizbud
09-20-2001, 09:27 PM
Sandra,
That was absolutely Beautiful..You are right
it is a very comforting thought!!
No soul (Life) ever born existed without
purpose & meaning...
Jackie,
I also read that saying, and believe it with all my heart!!
Thanks to you both for sharing these thoughts..God Bless All our Pet Talk Family,
God Bless America !!!!!

shais_mom
09-20-2001, 11:46 PM
Thank you Sandra for sending me that.
Now I have a question that I don't mean to be funny in light of the happenings this past week, but it does seem like a funny question.

I took a copy of the Rainbow Bridge to work tonight and let a dog lover friend of mine read it. She was crying when she finished and later she asked me this, "Since I am Molly's (her very loved Golden) 2nd mom, when she crosses to the bridge, if her 1st mom dies before me, who will Molly go with?"
Do you think the animal will go with whoever gave it the best life? I am Kylie's 2nd momma and I think she is more attached to me now and she has only been with me for 4 mos. I was Shaianne's 2nd or 3rd momma, tho she was with me the longest and obviously I gave her the better life b/c I kept her the longest.
Do you think it is who ever gave the pet the better life and loved it the most?
All/any thoughts Please!!

aly
09-21-2001, 12:03 AM
Staci, I think it is the pet who will choose who to wait for. Even though she is Molly's second mom, I am sure Molly will be there waiting for her. I am Lolly's second mom but she's so attached to me. Even though she was in her previous home for 5 years, I am positive she will wait for me. (I am Reece's 5th mom :eek: but I am sure he will be there waiting. I also believe Harley will be waiting for me too, although I hope he finds a great home). For animals who had two or more great homes, I bet they will wait for each person and spend shared time together :)

[ September 21, 2001: Message edited by: aly ]

Gio
09-21-2001, 03:30 AM
Thanks Sandra for sharing this. It's really beautiful. People here at work start wondering why the bad cold I suffered from last week is never getting any better since I sit here sniffing. :)

Eudora
09-21-2001, 05:42 AM
Sandra, that was wonderful. But I have only been Tanya's mom for a few weeks now. I don't know if she would wait for me... :confused:

RachelJ
09-21-2001, 08:39 AM
OMG, Sandra, what a wonderful essay. It is the most comforting thing I have read since this happened. Thanks for posting it. We need an icon with little tears streaming down its face.

Daisy's Mom
09-21-2001, 08:46 PM
What a wonderful essay! Sandra, thank you so much for sharing it with us. I have goosebumps.

Albea
09-22-2001, 12:40 PM
Sandra:
Thank you for posting that essay. I think dogs have enough love in them for more than one human. Nobody has to worry about being the 2nd. or 3rd. mom or about having had a pup for only a few weeks. If only humans were as generous with their love as dogs are we wouldn't be reading or writing about this subject.

lizbud
09-22-2001, 06:40 PM
Albea...
I just wanted to say that I agree(TOTALLY)
with your comments!!!
Dogs have more than enough love to go
around; and give it freely..without question,
without 'strings'...

Karen
09-22-2001, 06:44 PM
I agree that a dog with more than one owner who loved him or her will greet both people, may in fact bring the first person with him or her to greet person two. And wouldn't you have lots to talk about, being two parents who loved the same "child" just at different times?