PDA

View Full Version : Lightening strikes womans tongue stud.

ChrisH
07-05-2003, 09:40 AM
Talk about a lucky escape........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/berkshire/3047436.stm

Pam
07-05-2003, 10:17 AM
Chris, that certainly goes into the "you think you've heard it all until....." category! YIKES! I remember a few years back there was a big storm and someone in a parking lot near here was hit by lightning when they attempted to put their key into the lock of their car. That thought still haunts me whenever I am in a storm and put my key into any lock! Fortunately for me I don't have any tongue piercings so I can let that worry go! :) :rolleyes:

RubyMutt
07-05-2003, 12:56 PM
YIKES!! I should forward that to my friends with pierced tongues! :eek:

lizbud
07-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Gosh, was that bizarre or what.:eek: Wonder if she has
given up the stud since then. :D

Chris,
This one, on the same site was also interesting I thought....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3044178.stm

puppygrrl4eva7
07-05-2003, 02:02 PM
eww so freakish!!!! But it's good to know that she's ok!

joycenalex
07-05-2003, 03:16 PM
....this makes me wonder, there are a surprising number (to me anyway) of men and women with pierced nipples(and other more tender parts for that matter), what would happen then? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gone Doggin'
07-05-2003, 05:27 PM
wow she's extremely lucky. It's not everyday you have lightning strike you. Ouch!

lizbud - lol wow that's cool, too bad it burnt the building

ChrisH
07-05-2003, 05:55 PM
I have to admit that I am really scared of lightning :o whether I am indoors or outdoors when it is flashing away! I take all sorts of precautions which probably don`t help but do make me feel safer!:D

Liz, thanks, I hadn`t read that, it is interesting.:)

ChloeLove
07-05-2003, 07:13 PM
:eek: BOTH of those stories are amazing...the only thing I will ever get pierced besides my ears which are already pierced is my bellybutton. They actually say that piercing your bellybutton is safer than piercing your ears or any other part of your body for that matter!
My friend who is almost fifteen has every part of his earS pierced, his tounge pierced, eyebrow pierced like three times, a chin bolt, his lip pierced, and his nipples pierced. He also has three tattoos...:rolleyes: His parents let him do whatever he wants, he's really crazy! I feel bad he has such sucky parents, but they're fun...:p Can't believe I used to go out with him! :rolleyes: But anyway, it's a very good thing he was never stuck in a lightening storm!!!!!!!!!!! :p ;) :) :cool:

delidog
07-05-2003, 07:53 PM
I am still laughing at this one.....
Though I am glad that she is not hurt...

Self inflicted wounds gather very little sympathy