PDA

View Full Version : Update On Oakley (the park feral)

K & L
07-05-2003, 07:50 AM
I just received this note from Oakley (now named Apu) new owner. This is amazing to me:

"Now things are getting interesting. I have had many cats in my life. Apu will be the first litterless one.... Meaning he is now using the toilet for both of his toilet needs".

"We draped a leash over Mack my black lab to watch Apu run after the trailing end, and he was not disappointed. Apu has pounced on both dogs and the three of them are playing together". "Thanks again for such a precious little gift.... And how wonderful to meet more kind hearted people in the process"!

The toilet thing floors me! I would love to toilet train our cats! :D I have asked for more pictures and will post when I receive them.

jenluckenbach
07-05-2003, 08:43 AM
YEAH!!!! for Oakley aka Apu. I love happy endings.:)

catmandu
07-05-2003, 09:48 AM
people have the notion that if they leave a Cat in the park that it will naturally fend for himself. But a Cat has to be taught to hunt and this is not fair to the animals already living in the park. some people should be abandoned ,serve them right!

aly
07-05-2003, 09:52 AM
What a WONDERFUL success story! That really makes everything so worth it to hear things like that. My eyes are filling with tears now. That is so sweet!

rg_girlca
07-05-2003, 11:42 AM
I love happy endings, they just make my day. Going away from my desk to do the Happy Happy Joy Joy dance. :D

kimlovescats
07-05-2003, 02:47 PM
WOW! What a wonderful story, with an amazingly happy ending!
Boy, this baby made SURE he has a permanent home.... toilet-training himself and all!!! :D

krazyaboutkatz
07-05-2003, 11:41 PM
Wow! This is quite an amazing success story. :D I'm so glad that Apu and his new owner were able to find each other. :)

K & L
07-06-2003, 07:44 AM
Here's Apu getting ready to do his number. They tried to get him in the actual action, but missed. They will keep trying:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid68/pae3c7721aaffdca1ec233cc0846fb777/fbbfef03.jpg

And here's just a sweet shot. Notice his ear got tipped. We tip all ferals we trap so we know which ones we've already caught. Unfortunatley we didn't know he would be lucky enough to get a home. Guess this will be a character mark!:D Our little Bo's ear is tipped also.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid68/p4ad695f78860ec634b1060b61aa816c4/fbbfef04.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
07-06-2003, 02:24 PM
Awwwww he's adorable even with his tipped ear. This gives him character. :) My Sky's ear is notched and I thought it was because of a cat fight but later learned that the Humane Society now notches one of the ears so they know that's where the cat came from. I also adopted Storm from the Humane Society about 6 1/2 years ago and his ears aren't notched. This must be a new thing that they're doing. :)

Cataholic
07-06-2003, 02:46 PM
Way to home another kitty! Toilet trained, or not, what a great story.

K & L
07-06-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
Awwwww he's adorable even with his tipped ear. This gives him character. :) My Sky's ear is notched and I thought it was because of a cat fight but later learned that the Humane Society now notches one of the ears so they know that's where the cat came from. I also adopted Storm from the Humane Society about 6 1/2 years ago and his ears aren't notched. This must be a new thing that they're doing. :)

Wow, I've never heard of the Humane Society doing this! We do it so we know which cats we've had fixed. When you start doing 90+ there's some that really look alike and you wonder if it's one you've caught or not. Once you see the ear tip you know it is!

Your Storm sure looks like our Parker!

Barbara
07-07-2003, 09:58 AM
What a clever clever kitty. And soooo cute:)

Catsnclay
07-11-2003, 01:28 PM
As usual I'm very late in noticing this post! :rolleyes:

I can't believe that someone gave this adorable kitty up! It makes me so mad that people think that animals can fend for themselves......:mad:

I am SO glad that you & Kevin are doing what you do, and saving all the kitties in our area. Do they give out Nobel Prizes to people like you??!! :D

K & L
07-11-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Catsnclay
As usual I'm very late in noticing this post! :rolleyes:

I can't believe that someone gave this adorable kitty up! It makes me so mad that people think that animals can fend for themselves......:mad:

I am SO glad that you & Kevin are doing what you do, and saving all the kitties in our area. Do they give out Nobel Prizes to people like you??!! :D

We're not sure if someone dumped him, or if he was born there. He would not let us anywhere near him in the few weeks we were feeding him. Usually a "dumped" pet cat will be leary of us for a day or so, but once he sees we're friendly, providing food, etc. he'll come right to us. This one never did. I guess we'll never know.

A Nobel Prize would be nice but about the only thing we get is a call asking us if we know someone that wants a cat, or the park calls and said they see a new one!:eek: Of course the biggest prize of all is the satisfaction we get from helping/saving these babies!:D