PDA

View Full Version : isn't there a law about wearing clothing???

lovemyshiba
07-04-2003, 10:20 AM
Yesterday, my husband and I went to walmart to pick up some stuff. While we were checking out, a lady and her husband walked by, and she was wearing only a swimsuit and shoes!!! It was one of those suits with the little ruffle, almost like a skirt, but you could still see her umm, caboose. It was a suit like this
http://www.newport-news.com/shop/Product.asp?gpcatID=2012&pacatID=2013&subcatID=2027&catid=3400&superstyleID=114166&productindex=8&firstpagetypeid=5&sz=&pageindex=8

sort of, but with a shorter ruffle, and it was actually pink and orange, but you get the picture.

I suppose she technically had the shirt and shoes thing covered, but really??

The things I see when I go to walmart:rolleyes:

aly
07-04-2003, 11:00 AM
Heeeee!

I don't know, I personally like going to Walmart with my caboose hanging out!

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't be caught dead doing that! :eek: :eek: :eek:

KYS
07-04-2003, 11:14 AM
LOL! I know what you mean.
A few years ago, I remember a woman comming
into where I work, wearing a little swim suit
and she was fairly filled out on top.
Never had so many officers trying to help
her at the front counter. lol
I have also seen a man come in, just wearing loose shorts
with no underwear.
(did not leave much to the imagination when he
was sitting) ;)

Pam
07-04-2003, 11:40 AM
Oh my the things that you can see on the beach too!!! :eek: :eek: I'm certainly not saying that I am a potential beauty pagent contestant who would win a bathing suit competition, but hey don't people take a look in the mirror when they leave the house! YIKES!

Kfamr
07-04-2003, 01:39 PM
Well, Since this IS Florida we see people walking in bathing suits all of the time. It's pretty common to see someone that's just come from the beach in their swimming shorts or swim suits in the stores, restaraunts, everywhere.

I see nothing wrong with it as long as they wear shorts (the girls in bikinis and stuff.) and all of their "privates" are clothed. Most of them do wear shorts down here, either they wear shorts or I doubt they'd be let in the store.

Now, if they go walking around in just their bikini which most bikinis have as you said it "caboose" sticking out, lol, that's gross and just hooker-like.:p

Another thing I *HATE*, I know I'm not the thinest person in the world, but atleast I cover the extra I have. I hate seeing overly large people wearing tight tight tight clothes wear their *extra* stuff hangs out all over the place. It really sickens me. Atleast wear something that actually fits!!! That goes for someone of anysize, do you really need to wear things that you can barely move around in???:rolleyes:

cali
07-04-2003, 01:57 PM
ya, I have gone into a store wearing just my bathing suit before, I had just came from the beach, I was a little kid at the time though:p

Twisterdog
07-04-2003, 05:30 PM
Another thing I *HATE*, I know I'm not the thinest person in the world, but atleast I cover the extra I have. I hate seeing overly large people wearing tight tight tight clothes wear their *extra* stuff hangs out all over the place. It really sickens me. Atleast wear something that actually fits!!! That goes for someone of anysize, do you really need to wear things that you can barely move around in???

I SOOOO agree with this!! I have especially noticed this since the low-rise jeans/tiny little shirts have come into fashion. Ok, if you are fifteen years old and weigh 120 pounds, go for it. But some of the people I see wearing this style ... OMG, it's appalling! I have seen adult women who have got to weigh close to 200 pounds wearing low rise jeans. Ummmmm ... NO. If you have a roll of belly fat hanging over between the jeans and the shirt .... you shoulld NOT be wearing that style, sorry! I'm not exactly the skinniest person in the world, but I dress appropriately and modestly.

As far as swimsuits in stores ... no, I don't think that is appropriate. It takes about 15 seconds to pull on a T-shirt and shorts in the parking lot.

I also hate it when people drag their kids into stores wearing only a diaper. Usually, these kids are dirty and barefooted, and running around in a wet, saggy diaper. Gross!!

tikeyas_mom
07-05-2003, 01:27 AM
I couldent beieve it when I was walking my way through the bay when I looked to my right Isaw two women in just bras and undies, and a gentleman with just breifs,it was sick. they were cashuly trying on underwear in the middle of the isle. NOW that is sick... :rolleyes:

Crikit
07-05-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
I couldent beieve it when I was walking my way through the bay when I looked to my right Isaw two women in just bras and undies, and a gentleman with just breifs,it was sick. they were cashuly trying on underwear in the middle of the isle. NOW that is sick... :rolleyes:

:eek: :eek: Um I did have something to say in this post but I've totally forgotten what it was, I'm flabergasted.

Cincy'sMom
07-05-2003, 06:30 AM
We went out to dinner with some friends last weekend, at Frickers (Chicken wings, food and bar type place) and these two men and a woman came in to pick up a take-out order. Both men were older, heavier, and not wearing shirts!!! What ever happened to "No Shoes, No Shirts, No Service"?

carole
07-05-2003, 03:14 PM
Well in my city you probably would not see many people walking around in their swimsuits.
In the beach towns, yes it is quite normal, all I can say wish I had the figure to wear it.
I must admit the new fashions are great today, and I wish I was young again, but I have to say those low jeans and tops,where the bellies are showing are great on those who have the figure for it, but lets face it some of the young girls today are built like brick houses, and the fat hanging out kinda looks awful.
I suppose they are only young, and maybe they donot have the perfect figure and just want to be like the rest of them, cannot blame them for that.

Tonya
07-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Hey, that was me in Walmart! You should see what I wear to the beach.:p

primabella
07-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Another thing I *HATE*, I know I'm not the thinest person in the world, but atleast I cover the extra I have. I hate seeing overly large people wearing tight tight tight clothes wear their *extra* stuff hangs out all over the place. It really sickens me. Atleast wear something that actually fits!!! That goes for someone of anysize, do you really need to wear things that you can barely move around in???:rolleyes:

Totally agree. I'm not super thin but I don't think I'm really overweight but I do make sure to hide what I know will probably scare the public :p I know this girl in school who is really thin but she's got the fat on her hips. She wears high shirts and low pants and looks ridiculous. Everybody says how terrible she looks. It's disgusting.

wolfsoul
07-05-2003, 05:48 PM
Oh, god, I remember when I went to my friend's 6th birthday when I was 7 1/2. We went to the beach, and there is a lady with a thong bikini. And that thong was ummmm---lets just say that it was not only up some places....but all places....7 YEARS OLD, right in front of a CHILDREN'S BIRTHDAY PARTY!

lovemyshiba
07-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Lol, Tonya:D

We live nowhere near a beach, unless you count the lakes which are at least 20-30 minutes away. And, really, could she not have pulled on a pair of shorts??

When we were younger, we used to hang out at my friend's pool all day, and when we needed something from the store, we would go with our shorts, shoes, and bikini tops--that was quite a while ago too.

I know what you all mean about people not dressing appropriately though--I think there's a shortage of mirrors somewhere!!! I know there are plenty of different styles of clothing that can flatter anyone, it's a matter of how disgusting you want to be.

IttyBittyKitty
07-05-2003, 10:57 PM
1) I agree with everyone about larger ladies trying to squeeze into really tight clothing. It *is* a question of modesty and it looks pretty gross! With that said, however, as a larger gal, I find it dificult to find clothing that doesn't make me look like a sausage squished into a syringe. Fashion, these days, is designed for the bean pole, so is it any wonder that teenaged curvy gals are trying to squish into fashionable bean pole clothes? The choice that they have is squish in, or wear Mum's frumpy trakkie-daks. Hmm.

2) Why, oh why, do parents let their girls dress like tarts? A year or two ago, I was in the supermarket during the one-sleeved off-the shoulder top phase. The lady behind me had two girls, both aged about 10 years old (twins, I think). They were both wearing these tops, and one of them was showing some, er, nipple! :eek: I am sure others know what I'm talking about, it's down-right disgusting! What worries me most is that this makes girls targets - not for paedophiles, but "regular" guys (still perverts, but sexually aligned to adult women) who see the appeal in sexualised young girls.

3) I would like to know why young women go out on the town wearing nothing more than a postage stamp and a smile then complain about negative male attention? Come on! It does not give a male the right to rape you, granted, but if you let it all hang out then men are going to look at you and possibly will want to engage in coition with you. If that is what you are aiming for, fine, but if it isn't, button it up to the neck ladies and preserve thy innocence!

4) Fashion? I think that the designers have lost touch with the word. The nauseating crap that is produced on the catwalk - technicolor, ugh- is over priced in the extreme. Then, there are the cheaper and no less hideous facsimilies that appear on the streets. Full body fishnet stockings? Yuck!

end rant!

aly
07-05-2003, 11:08 PM
IBK - that was a VERY FUNNY rant :D

Nomilynn
07-05-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by IttyBittyKitty
1) I agree with everyone about larger ladies trying to squeeze into really tight clothing. It *is* a question of modesty and it looks pretty gross! With that said, however, as a larger gal, I find it dificult to find clothing that doesn't make me look like a sausage squished into a syringe. Fashion, these days, is designed for the bean pole, so is it any wonder that teenaged curvy gals are trying to squish into fashionable bean pole clothes? The choice that they have is squish in, or wear Mum's frumpy trakkie-daks. Hmm.

2) Why, oh why, do parents let their girls dress like tarts? A year or two ago, I was in the supermarket during the one-sleeved off-the shoulder top phase. The lady behind me had two girls, both aged about 10 years old (twins, I think). They were both wearing these tops, and one of them was showing some, er, nipple! :eek: I am sure others know what I'm talking about, it's down-right disgusting! What worries me most is that this makes girls targets - not for paedophiles, but "regular" guys (still perverts, but sexually aligned to adult women) who see the appeal in sexualised young girls.

3) I would like to know why young women go out on the town wearing nothing more than a postage stamp and a smile then complain about negative male attention? Come on! It does not give a male the right to rape you, granted, but if you let it all hang out then men are going to look at you and possibly will want to engage in coition with you. If that is what you are aiming for, fine, but if it isn't, button it up to the neck ladies and preserve thy innocence!

4) Fashion? I think that the designers have lost touch with the word. The nauseating crap that is produced on the catwalk - technicolor, ugh- is over priced in the extreme. Then, there are the cheaper and no less hideous facsimilies that appear on the streets. Full body fishnet stockings? Yuck!

end rant!

WOO!! Excellent rant! :) I totally agree. I also have a hard time finding clothes that are flattering for my size, unless I want to spend hundreds of dollars for a casual outfit.. and I don't/can't! Thank god Wal Mart has started carrying much nicer things for plus sizes. I agree.. it's horrible when all the plus size clothes look like they should be worn by someone dressed like an easter egg.. it's bad enough when someone is overweight - it's worse when that person can't even feel good in the clothes that ARE available to them.

I also think it's sick when people don't cover up. I don't care how sexy you might be.. have some dignity and GET DRESSED in the morning!!!!! :eek: :D

wolfsoul
07-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Anyone else find it odd that the smaller tiny pieces of material are always most expensive? ;)

My stepmom once bought me one of those plain black halter tops that only has a strap at the back --- 20 bucks!! :eek:

kittens
07-06-2003, 12:20 AM
ok if you want to hear, er, read something funny...

a year or 2 ago, I was in the mall and this lady walked by, oh she was dressed enough BUT, even the kids, teeenagers, were staring at her!! she had on tight pink pants, with a pink blouse, but the pants, lol, had a TAIL attached!! a pink feathery tail!!

evidently, she thought she was a "fox"!!:confused: :eek:
and it was not halloween time

IttyBittyKitty
07-06-2003, 12:30 AM
LOL! WOOOO! FOXY LADY!

Reminds me of this woman I saw at the show one year ... she was about fifty, with died blonde hair. She was wearing a spangly white top, a too-small red adidas tracksuit, and, get this

WHITE STILLETOES! AHAHAHAHAHA!

Nomilynn, we don't have wal-mart here in Aussieland, but we have a store named Target (pronounced with a soft "g" to sound posh, darlings) which sells great larger sized clothes at good prices.

Wolfsoul - those ittybitty bits of material are probably worth more per ounce than gold.

primabella
07-06-2003, 09:45 AM
I can't rely on any shopping centre here to get my clothes. Everything is clubwear that fits you if your a size 5...tops. It's disgusting. They were having this Parasuco sale here so my friend went and she said everything was so trashy and overpriced, she didn't buy anything. It's like you need the perfect body to fit into a regular top I can wear around the house. :rolleyes: Ridiculous.

KYS
07-06-2003, 10:20 AM
posted by wolfsoul:Anyone else find it odd that the smaller tiny pieces of material are always most expensive? ;)

Reminds me of the time my Aunt came home hungry
after being treated to an expensive restaurant meal.
She said their was hardly any food on the plate,
and could not understand why the restaurant charged
so much. lol

aly
07-06-2003, 11:49 AM
Has anyone heard of Delia's? I went to the outlet store and my first thought was that I had accidently walked into a childrens' store. Seriously, all the clothes were sizes 0, 1, and 3. They didn't even look like the normal sizes for 0,1, and 3. It looked like they had also been shrunk 5 times and belonged on a barbie doll. They had NO clothes for NORMAL sized people. Blech. This kind of stuff is just encouraging eating disorders :(

All Creatures Great And Small
07-06-2003, 12:03 PM
I'm a "woman of size" too, and I agree, there are very few affordable places to find stylish plus size clothing. And what's with the huge, gaudy floral prints in plus size? I refer to those as "slipcovers", since they make me look like a giant overstuffed sofa.

I agree that large women stuffed into tight, revealing clothing is really visually unpleasant, but I always have to admire their chutzpah. I would never have the nerve to "flaunt what I got" like some of them do, but they obviously have some really high self-esteem going for them.

I can't wait until the fashion pendulum swings back, and the waist line of pants goes back up where it belongs. We went through this "hip-hugger" trend back in the 70's, and even then I didn't wear them because they were uncomfortable and I had a little bit of a tummy. Those who did wear them usually paired them with what we called a "bodysuit", which was a tight knit shirt that had a snap crotch (oops, sorry I said crotch on a family site) to keep it tucked in, so you wouldn't be showing your "plumber's crack" to the world. I have seen way more of my female co-workers than I ever wanted to, thanks to these tight, short tops and tight, low pants. I know what color and style of thong underwear they all prefer (or if they wear it at all), where their butt cleavage starts, what kind of lower back tattoos they have (and/or who they love), whether they have navel piercings, and in some cases, cellulite and stretch marks (mmmm, yummy!).

Sure, be sexy if you can and you want to, but consider where you're trying to do it. A department or grocery store, where there will be a mixed crowd of children, grannies, and everyone in between, is not a good idea. The workplace is also NOT where you should be enlisting potential sex partners by letting as much of your stuff hang out as you can. First of all, what would there be left for them to discover? The inner 1/8" of your nipple? (Oops, sorry, I said nipple - I'm an unrepentant pervert. ;) ) I think it would be kind of nice to save a little something for your special someone that the entire world hasn't been treated to already. Anyway, if someone you meet can't be impressed by your mind, your personality, and your modestly clothed form, then why would you want them? I met my husband in a bar, and I distinctly remember what I was wearing (now don't laugh, because this was 1980): "carpenter pants", which were off-white colored loose-fitting canvas pants with various "tool" loops and pockets on them, a turquoise colored terrycloth knit top with a modest scoop neck and short sleeves, and some dressy flat-heel sandals with nylons. Not a thing hanging out, and somehow he still realized I was worth getting to know (and pretty hot to boot - hee hee).

RICHARD
07-06-2003, 01:34 PM
as a guy i have to chime in....

on of the most wonderous things about looking at a woman is
letting your imagination run shen she walks by..

it's amazing that people do not look into their mirrors before they walk out the door.....

IBK-

thanks, you summed thing up nicely.....it is funny that some
'women' get upset when we stare......and it's not necessarily
lust---

we are trying to figure out what you have on.

AGGS..

fashion these days takes away from the intrigue....

CathyBogart
07-06-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by kittens
ok if you want to hear, er, read something funny...

a year or 2 ago, I was in the mall and this lady walked by, oh she was dressed enough BUT, even the kids, teeenagers, were staring at her!! she had on tight pink pants, with a pink blouse, but the pants, lol, had a TAIL attached!! a pink feathery tail!!

evidently, she thought she was a "fox"!!:confused: :eek:
and it was not halloween time

Maybe she was a fur. I know plenty of furs who walk around wearing ears/a tail/paw slippers/etc year round. I'm not saying that makes it any less odd, just thinking of a possibility. I've long since stopped wearing my ears/tail in most public places though. ^_^

Rottieluver45
07-06-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by aly
Has anyone heard of Delia's? I went to the outlet store and my first thought was that I had accidently walked into a childrens' store. Seriously, all the clothes were sizes 0, 1, and 3. They didn't even look like the normal sizes for 0,1, and 3. It looked like they had also been shrunk 5 times and belonged on a barbie doll. They had NO clothes for NORMAL sized people. Blech. This kind of stuff is just encouraging eating disorders :(

I shop there,sometimes. I get alot of my pants there and I`ve gotten a couple of shirts there, but thier sizes run really small so I have to get like two or three sizes bigger than what I usually get. You should see Abercrombie. It`s soooooo ridiculous! There I would have to get like 5 sizes bigger, if they even had it! They expect everyone to be as skiny as their models!!

BTW: This is a very interesting thread!

aly
07-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45
I shop there,sometimes. I get alot of my pants there and I`ve gotten a couple of shirts there. But thier sizes run really small so I ahve to get like two or three sizes bigger thanwhat I usually get. You should go to Abercrombie. It`s soooooo ridiculous! There I would have to get like 5 sizes bigger, if they even had it! They expecty everyone to be as skiny as their models!!

BTW: This is a very interesting thread!

I shop at Abercrombie sometimes. I've even ordered clothes from the Delia's catalogue that fit. But when I went to the outlet store, I just couldn't BELIEVE those sizes, sheeeesh!

Have you guys gone down to the outlet mall in San Marcos yet? Its quite fun :)

carole
07-06-2003, 04:15 PM
This has become an interesting thread, I agree about the over-weight people in tight fitting clothes, I donot like to see that, but I guess you kinda have to admire them somewhat for saying to Hell with what everyone thinks, I am going to dress how I want and be comfortable.
I am an average sized person, not having the perfect figure these days, older and two kids later, but I always try to cover up any spare tyres, with appropriate clothing.
I have to say America is probably where I see more overweight people , and I mean HUGE wearing shorts and T -Shirts, more so than in my own country.
As for young girls dressed as tarts today, its true IBK, but its hard for parents today, I am a person who loves fashion and I like my daughter to be up to date, however I do draw the line, to some of the fashions, but all her friends have those one shouldered tops, I would not buy her one, she saved her pocket money and bought one, but is only allowed to wear it certain places, like the school disco .
I donot like them either, but I donot want her to feel frumpy and left out I suppose, its the peer pressure thing I guess.
Anyway just my two cents worth.

Cataholic
07-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Goodness you bunch of PRUDES!!! Now I feel like I can't wear my thong out in public...:eek:

Airedalekisses
07-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Went shopping today for a friend's 4 year old daughter-there was a T shirt that said Porn Star on the front!! Puleeeze what message is that trying to put out?
As for the clothing sizes-I have a lot of vintage things from the 30's and a 10 back then is kinda like a 2 today. It's an ego thing and a maufacturers ploy. Smaller numbered sizes sell better! I have nothing against someone being overweight;but please I don't want to see a size XXXL in a thong bathing suit in the mall-yes I saw one today!!

Tonya
07-07-2003, 12:14 AM
Well, said, Richard...Leave a little imagination!

Aly, we don't have a Delia's around here, but I have the catalog. I've tried to order things from there a few times in my size. They wind up being micro tiny. Their size 12 is more like a 7. :mad:

Rottieluver45
07-07-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by aly

Have you guys gone down to the outlet mall in San Marcos yet? Its quite fun :)

Nope we haven`t been there yet. We`ve been to the Lakeline mall or whatever it is but just to see Charlies angels: FULL THROTLE! ( I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!)

Cincy'sMom
07-07-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Airedalekisses
but please I don't want to see a size XXXL in a thong bathing suit in the mall-yes I saw one today!!

I've often thought the same thing about Spandex...just because it comes in "your" size, does not mean you should wear it!!!

RICHARD
07-07-2003, 06:13 PM
the topic of 'man boobs' came up in another thread....and now, the radio program I listen to
is hashing the topic about a school administator being fired for looking at a woman's breasts.

now, i do not know the specifics of the case, or how it was determined he should be excused from his job.....

but what I'd like to know is why women wear sheer
blouse over a sheer bra and expect us not to look at them??? I sound like a creep, but i happen to enjoy the feminine form and I sure as heck am going to check out a lady's assests!!

my favorite move is the plunging neckline/open collar move. I'd walk into the boss's office to talk to her about a project. She's lean over the desk and i'd be able to look down her blouse-which was buttoned up to a respectable level-
She knew it, I knew it - but there was an unspoken
understanding about the situation. she wasn't doing anything provocative, racy or suggestive.
It was just something that happened. No one was hurt by the glance and it was treated as an 'OOPS'.

Then you get the gal with the black push up bra, white blouse buttoned at her beltline-every time she she walks across the office you get cleavage,
cup overspill and more jiggle than jello on an unbalanced washing machine.
When the 'cute' man walks in stands in front of her desk, looks at her chest and salivates along the front of his shirt, it's okay.. but when Chucky from the mail room gives her a sideways/up and down, She's screaming bloody murder and sexual harrassment.....

i personally don't care what kind of underwear a woman wears or how she keeps the shrubbery trimmed-but should you choose to wear the 'fad' du jour jeans....don't get huffy because i am 'leering' at you-the look on my face may not be sexual in nature...i may just be trying to keep from laughing at the ridiculousness of your jeans.

;)

Kfamr
07-07-2003, 06:18 PM
Oh My GOsh, Richard!

Where's the cracking up emoticon on this thing???

catland
07-07-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Goodness you bunch of PRUDES!!! Now I feel like I can't wear my thong out in public...:eek:

I'm one of those kind of old - ok make that somewhere in her middle-age - who remembers when "thongs" were what we wore on our feet.:cool:

Kfamr
07-07-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by catland
I'm one of those kind of old - ok make that somewhere in her middle-age - who remembers when "thongs" were what we wore on our feet.:cool:

That's the only kinda thong I wear!!!

Nomilynn
07-07-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
the topic of 'man boobs' came up in another thread....and now, the radio program I listen to
is hashing the topic about a school administator being fired for looking at a woman's breasts.

now, i do not know the specifics of the case, or how it was determined he should be excused from his job.....

blouse over a sheer bra and expect us not to look at them??? I sound like a creep, but i happen to enjoy the feminine form and I sure as heck am going to check out a lady's assests!!

my favorite move is the plunging neckline/open collar move. I'd walk into the boss's office to talk to her about a project. She's lean over the desk and i'd be able to look down her blouse-which was buttoned up to a respectable level-
understanding about the situation. she wasn't doing anything provocative, racy or suggestive.
It was just something that happened. No one was hurt by the glance and it was treated as an 'OOPS'.

Then you get the gal with the black push up bra, white blouse buttoned at her beltline-every time she she walks across the office you get cleavage,
When the 'cute' man walks in stands in front of her desk, looks at her chest and salivates along the front of his shirt, it's okay.. but when Chucky from the mail room gives her a sideways/up and down, She's screaming bloody murder and sexual harrassment.....

i personally don't care what kind of underwear a woman wears or how she keeps the shrubbery trimmed-but should you choose to wear the 'fad' du jour jeans....don't get huffy because i am 'leering' at you-the look on my face may not be sexual in nature...i may just be trying to keep from laughing at the ridiculousness of your jeans.

;)

Not only do I AGREE with EVERYTHING you typed here, I also love the way you put it!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH perfect description...

HEEHEE more jiggle than jello.... HAHAHAHAHA :D

RICHARD
07-07-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn

HEEHEE more jiggle than jello.... HAHAHAHAHA :D

wait until you see what i can do with beets and turnips!!!!lol;)

I Love Brian, Forever <3
07-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Hey people, you look at your own will.

Look away if it bothers you.

Kfamr
07-07-2003, 10:10 PM
:rolleyes:

It's hard just to "not look" when you're in a public place like a store or something.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-07-2003, 10:26 PM

It's hard just to "not look" when you're in a public place like a store or something.

~nods~ Yup.

Aspen and Misty
07-08-2003, 12:11 AM

Amen to that!

My sister wears very very very tight clothes. I find it disguisting and she wonders why the old men at giant flirt with her :rolleyes:

I also find it hard, being over wieght, to find things that are flattering to my nice quility's and are covering to my "not so nice" quility's.

Ash

shais_mom
07-08-2003, 12:15 AM
Well, probably the reason that large Americans wear skimpy clothes is b/c we have the biggest population of overweight people I believe, course I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong. And noone taught these girls in school that spandex is NOT your friend.
And Ash, I can totally sympathasize with you, it sucks having to shop in the bigger section. Some of the things people wear wouldn't even fit my toe!

And Jo,
you can only wear your thong, if your pants are hip-huggers and it sticks out the top! ;) :p

Aspen and Misty
07-08-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom

And Ash, I can totally sympathasize with you, it sucks having to shop in the bigger section. Some of the things people wear wouldn't even fit my toe!

[/B]

Definitly. Some of my friends were talking one day (mind you one was my size and shops in the section thats WAY to small for her but anyways) Some of my friends were talkign and said that they hate the Larger section of the Deb because it takes up useless space. I was like what about the larger people? Not everyone is as skinny as you! I mean look at me I shop in the section, it's the only place I can find cloths and you wanna get ride of it cause they don't sell extra small clothes. :rolleyes:

And about the Toe thing, LOL, soooo true!

Originally posted by shais_mom

you can only wear your thong, if your pants are hip-huggers and it sticks out the top! ;) :p [/B]

LOL. I hate that. Expesially when that are wearing the low rise jeans and bend over and you see WAY to much. As we say at my school to Zach, Crack kills keep it in your pants!

Ash

shais_mom
07-08-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by I Love Brian, Forever <3
Hey people, you look at your own will.

Look away if it bothers you.

yup that solves the problem aight :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

aly
07-08-2003, 12:36 AM

;)

WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!!!!!! :eek:

Logan
07-08-2003, 07:33 AM
My eight year old stepson told me he had a question to ask me, this past Saturday. He had overheard a discussion about "Hooters Girl" that Helen and his dad were having. "Hooter's Girls" are the waitresses at Hooter's restaurant, and they are known for their oversized chests, tight shirts and short shorts. Anyway, his question to me was "what is a cleavage?". :o :o :o I told him that cleavage was that line you see when some ladies wear low cut shirts. My answer was enough for him!! :o Whew!!

On another "clothing" note, Helen and my friend, Pam, got into a discussion about "thong" underwear when we were in Florida earlier this year. Seems that many girls in middle school wear thongs. I don't even want to know how Helen knew this. But, to make matters worse, Pam mailed her 3 pair of thong underwear last week! :eek: I loved the note she attached, telling Helen to only wear them if her mother gave her permission. I told her she would have to ask her dad!!!! LOL!!!! NOT!!!! :D

Pam
07-08-2003, 07:37 AM
Just to clarify a little on Logan's post, I wasn't that Pam!!! LOL :D :D

Logan
07-08-2003, 07:42 AM
LOL!!!! Sorry, Pam, it was definitely another Pam!!!!!!! :o

aly
07-08-2003, 10:51 AM
Oh darn, and here I was ready to send this Pam some thong panties in her next Christmas card :D :D ;)

RICHARD
07-08-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by aly
WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!!!!!! :eek:

a chance to learn from the male side of the room and you flinch!

next time i wont be so brutally honest!!!!

:)

slick
07-08-2003, 12:05 PM
Richard: if men can stare, so can women. There's nothing like a tall guy in tight jeans and a tight butt.......
We had a guy working in our office a few years ago. He was the cutest little thing you've ever seen. He'd ride his bike to work everyday and walk through the office in this bike shorts........

Oh, I'm in love, I mean lust......

RICHARD
07-08-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by slick
Richard: if men can stare, so can women. There's nothing like a tall guy in tight jeans and a tight butt.......
We had a guy working in our office a few years ago. He was the cutest little thing you've ever seen. He'd ride his bike to work everyday and walk through the office in this bike shorts........

LOLOLOLOLOL......

tho i retired my bike shorts a while back there was nothing like walking past a gal and hearing her purr like that in the morning ;). It's good for the ego and if everyone keeps their wits about themselves, everybody has a good time.

actually, that's how i met my GF.....

(p.s. the padding in the shorts does wonders for a guy!!)

slick
07-08-2003, 12:17 PM
You mean to say it was padding???????? Oh no, what a letdown. I just thought he was happy to come to work......:D :D :D

RICHARD
07-08-2003, 12:25 PM
You mean to say it was padding???????? Oh no, what a letdown. I just thought he was happy to come to work......:D :D :D

LOL...
it just 'lifts and separates'...

remember THOSE commercials????

slick
07-08-2003, 12:38 PM
Boy do I ever. I even bought one of those things and it was the most uncomfortable piece of clothing I've ever worn. 18 hours my foot, on me it lasted 18 minutes. Thank goodness for the "burn the bra" era.
And to stay on the subject....I was in Safeway on the weekend and saw this young girl wearing cut-offs that were so high I could actually see her butt.....I admit she had the body to wear it, but really.......

There otta be a law....

Rottieluver45
07-08-2003, 02:51 PM

LOL! Soooo true!

You guys LOVE talking about the wierdest things on a PET site, don`t you? :D

RICHARD
07-08-2003, 02:53 PM
the controversial family site!!!

i *think* we are being adult about it.

my mom says that, 'it's only dirty when people make it dirty'

i'm sorry if i offend your senses, actually, if you met me in person you'd be even MORE offended!
;)

rottie,
the land of the easily amused is just a hop, skip and jump away from la la land....we are almost neighbors!!!

Nomilynn
07-08-2003, 03:13 PM
sorry... bike shorts are disgusting on ANYONE!!!! :eek: :D

Aspen and Misty
07-08-2003, 03:18 PM
my mom says that, 'it's only dirty when people make it dirty'

i'm sorry if i offend your senses, actually, if you met me in person you'd be even MORE offended!
;)

LOL.

This conversation is to funny!

O and Nomilynn- I totally agree

Ash

wolfsoul
07-08-2003, 03:20 PM
bike shorts are disgusting on ANYONE!!!!

So are speedos...;) :D

RICHARD
07-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
sorry... bike shorts are disgusting on ANYONE!!!! :eek: :D

no one said functional HAS to be beautiful....

TELL LANCE ARMSTRONG THAT!!!

:p

*please god, put lance armstrong on the television
news EVERY FRIGGING NIGHT at nomilynn's house*:)

wolfsoul
07-08-2003, 03:27 PM
http://www.debsfunpages.com/sillypics16/funpic3013.jpg
ahahahaha

RICHARD
07-08-2003, 03:32 PM
from the 'bikini thread'..

i don't see why people freak out over something like that.....the blindness from the shock only lasts a few hours.

wolf.......lol...

i hadn't seen that billboard before!!!

Rottieluver45
07-08-2003, 03:51 PM

rottie,
the land of the easily amused is just a hop, skip and jump away from la la land....we are almost neighbors!!!

I thought so! Wanna meet half way?

Aspen and Misty
07-08-2003, 03:54 PM

*please god, put lance armstrong on the television
news EVERY FRIGGING NIGHT at nomilynn's house*:)

ROFL!!!!!!!!!

slick
07-08-2003, 03:57 PM
You can put Lance on my TV anytime......

wolflady
07-08-2003, 03:58 PM

LOL LOL ROTFL...SO SO TRUE!!! :rolleyes:
Just the sight of anyone dressing trashy annoys me. The whole "let-the-whole-friggin-world-know-I'm-wearing-a-thong" phenemon is really disgusting. I mean, no offense to anyone who might do this, but it just looks trashy. Even more so on young teenagers. Jeesh....no wonder there's no morals in society anymore...it seems like people are just getting sleazier and sleazier these days, including (unfortunately) the younger generation :rolleyes:
Even if you have body to wear trashy clothes, doesn't mean you should unless you really are a prostitue. You can still look fashionably classy and tastefully nice, but not trashy, if you do it the right way. My sister is one of those types :eek: Don't get me wrong, I love my sister and she has a brain and is getting her Phd, but she really dresses like a ho most of the time :rolleyes: That's not good being in psychology and counseling people, I wouldn't think! :eek: LOL Of course she also has an eating disorder, so she can cram herself into sizes she shouldn't be in in the first place :rolleyes:

RICHARD
07-08-2003, 04:02 PM
rottie,

no problem, see ya there!

A&M,

behave or i'll send him to YOUR house too!:)

slick,

on the way!!!!

wolf,

do you remember the hi school dance in San Diego where the school administrator checked for thongs???

Aspen and Misty
07-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
You can still look fashionably classy and tastefully nice, but not trashy, if you do it the right way. My sister is one of those types :eek: Don't get me wrong, I love my sister and she has a brain and is getting her Phd, but she really dresses like a ho most of the time :rolleyes: That's not good being in psychology and counseling people, I wouldn't think! :eek::

One thing that bothers me about my sister, and I to love my sister dearly, but she is like I want the vet to respect me and know that I am nolagble about the knee problem Huney has, I want him to know I know alot about this kind of stuff and everything. And so you know what she wears, a low cut shirt that lets her belly button ring hang out and the tightest pair of jeans she owns :rolleyes:

Ash

Aspen and Misty
07-08-2003, 04:04 PM
[B]
A&M,

behave or i'll send him to YOUR house too!:)

:eek: :eek:

RICHARD
07-08-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
:eek: :eek:
with a bicycle built for TWO!!!!

Aspen and Misty
07-08-2003, 04:10 PM

No Thankyou!

wolfsoul
07-08-2003, 04:10 PM

LOL

A quick question --- can anyone here admit that they tuck their fat in to their pants? ;) lol. My mom always notices hopw I do that before she takes a picture...

Rottieluver45
07-08-2003, 04:11 PM
Richard, I`ll meet you on the Yellow Brick Road!

slick
07-08-2003, 04:13 PM
OMG what have I done!!!!! All I did was comment on David's bike shorts and I've started a whole controversy.....Good Grief Charlie Brown! I should know better, after all I'm in the Dog House.

RICHARD
07-08-2003, 04:18 PM
A&M,

chicken!

WS,

no, it's misplaced 'muscle'!

Rottie,

three o'clock, at the flagpole.

Slick,
Lucy is looking for you!!!!

all of you are too much:)

slick
07-08-2003, 04:38 PM
And speaking about thongs.......
Not sure if I got this from PT or not but it's worth another look....

Aspen and Misty
07-08-2003, 04:50 PM
A&M,

chicken!

Nope, just scared, VERY scared

RICHARD
07-08-2003, 05:53 PM
Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride it where I like

-freddy mercury

lol!!!!

aly
07-08-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
YOU GUYS!!!!!!! This is a family site.

Hehe, you and I finally agree on something PCB!!!!!!!! :)

Rottieluver45
07-08-2003, 06:40 PM

Rottie,

three o'clock, at the flagpole.

all of you are too much:)

There`s a Flagpole on the yellow brick Road!? I must have missed it the last time I was there! See ya @ three!

Aspen and Misty
07-08-2003, 07:30 PM
Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride it where I like

-freddy mercury

lol!!!!

O gee, bad images

RICHARD
07-09-2003, 11:16 AM
hahahahahahaha

a pox on all of your thoughts about bike shorts!

last night on CNN a couple tied the knot in BIKE SHORTS....

it was a nice wedding and both the groom and bride were attired in the proper biking clothing!

Rottieluver45
07-09-2003, 11:24 AM
LOL!! Really? That would be horrible!! Ewwwwww!!

Aspen and Misty
07-09-2003, 01:00 PM
hahahahahahaha

a pox on all of your thoughts about bike shorts!

last night on CNN a couple tied the knot in BIKE SHORTS....

it was a nice wedding and both the groom and bride were attired in the proper biking clothing!

LOL Thats to funny!

I feel bad for the guest though :eek:

Ash :D

RICHARD
07-09-2003, 03:29 PM
LOL Thats to funny!

I feel bad for the guest though :eek:

Ash :D

the guests were all properly attired too!

nomi,

just for you!!!!

-- Lance Armstrong's team won a time trial Wednesday, putting him in second place and in good position for another Tour de France title as he approaches the punishing Alps.

Aspen and Misty
07-09-2003, 04:54 PM
the guests were all properly attired too!

nomi,

just for you!!!!

-- Lance Armstrong's team won a time trial Wednesday, putting him in second place and in good position for another Tour de France title as he approaches the punishing Alps.

O gee, can you imagine getting a wedding invetation asking you to please wear your bike shorts, LOL.

Thanx for the updat Richard, I was wondering how he was doing, LOL.

Ash

slick
07-10-2003, 12:18 PM
And speaking about attire, I just have to add this comment.

I went for my hour-long bike ride last night before I went home and on route came across a "big" man riding his bike but he had no shirt on and his belly was hanging down.....and jiggling in time with the peddling......

Now I applaud him for getting out and being active but pallleeze, cover up....

I'm no light-weight either but at least I don't show off my rolls.....

RICHARD
07-10-2003, 01:27 PM
And speaking about attire, I just have to add this comment.

I went for my hour-long bike ride last night before I went home and on route came across a "big" man riding his bike but he had no shirt on and his belly was hanging down.....and jiggling in time with the peddling......

Now I applaud him for getting out and being active but pallleeze, cover up....

I'm no light-weight either but at least I don't show off my rolls.....

as long as he wasn't buttering his rolls while riding.....;) :eek: :D

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 03:21 PM
you guys are too hilarious! :eek:

RICHARD
07-10-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Another messed up clothed people rant. :rolleyes:

They looked nasty. :rolleyes: What in the world do they think they gain by *selling* themselves to the world like that?

money for college?????;)

Aspen and Misty
07-10-2003, 08:21 PM
money for college?????;)

LMAO!

carole
07-10-2003, 08:31 PM
Speaking of weddings and attire, we have a nz programme called WEDDINGS, the bride and groom were nude, apart from a veil, and no strategically placed accessories either, the guests were however clothed, of course as it was tv, they blotted out anything too offensive.
The mind boogles does it not?

Aspen and Misty
07-10-2003, 09:34 PM
You know I'm getting WONDERFUL ideas for my wedding on this thread ;)

Ash

Rottieluver45
07-11-2003, 11:54 AM

Ash

LOL!!

RICHARD
07-11-2003, 02:59 PM

Ash

thanks for the info carole!
but, the bride may reconsider on going thru the wedding if it's cold outside:rolleyes:

bike shorts and birthdays suits can be used over and over again......

can't say the same about tuxedos (suits, not the cats) and bridesmaid's dresses...

Airedalekisses
07-13-2003, 07:20 PM
Ok what's with Wal Mart? they take Redbook magazine off the shelf because it's too racy! Yet last week a woman was in the one down the way from me. Oh please, she was rather full figured to put it nicely. The plump lady was wearing a bikini top and a thong bottom-at least that's what I think it was-it was hidden by her rolls-and no not the cinnamon or pecan type. Couldn't the greeters have done something? :eek:

Airedalekisses
07-13-2003, 07:24 PM
perfect idea for wedding attire-ICING- the kind on the cake-when it comes time to feed each other a piece of cake-just lick the icing off of each other-the guests won't forget that wedding for a long time.:D

RICHARD
07-14-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Airedalekisses
perfect idea for wedding attire-ICING- the kind on the cake-when it comes time to feed each other a piece of cake-just lick the icing off of each other-the guests won't forget that wedding for a long time.:D

what will the guests get?????

lol....