PDA

View Full Version : How odd...

allanimalswelcome
07-03-2003, 07:51 PM
They're having fireworks tonight...not tommorow tonight.

And it's clear skies tomorrow.

Strange...

~Rachel

Kfamr
07-03-2003, 08:02 PM
We've been having fireworks for for the past two weeks or so. :rolleyes:

allanimalswelcome
07-03-2003, 08:26 PM
Back in the day when fireworks only came on the 4th of July....that was what made fireworks so cool to watch. Now they go off on the president's birthday and arbor day:rolleyes:

~Rachel

Cataholic
07-03-2003, 08:33 PM
You know, I never thought about it until you posted...but, one of the suburbs is having their July 4th firework display TONIGHT! Parade and all...I wonder if it is to make it more convenient for others to attend? That way not all festivities are on the 4th??

The Cat Factory
07-03-2003, 08:54 PM
There was fireworks behind my house on Canada Day. My poor dog Buddy was so scared he ran away :( He ended up at the SPCA, we had to pay $200 to get him back:eek: I am just glad he is safe at home now :)

babolaypo65
07-03-2003, 09:38 PM
It's interesting that you post this. Last year on July 5 I was coming home from the gym, around 7am. There was a beautiful, albiet old, Lab jogging down my street. He looked pretty stressed, but still, I opened my car door and he jumped in. I drove up the street and saw two women with leashes. Asked if they were the owners. They said they were just following him, hoping he would find his home. I live in a pretty good area, responsible owners etc. I put him on a leash and walked him around a bit. Nothing. In despair I took him up to the Humane society. Still closed. Next door was a vet assistants' training program, and I interrupted and asked if they wanted to practice looking for a chip on him. (they did, none). By the time I got back outside there was a line up of people. We all got to talking. All of us were there with dogs who had appeared at our homes because of July 4. Just then my cel rang, it was a friend who had found TWO dogs in front of her office and was on her way to the humane society. The interesting thing was, when the doors finally opened, the were pretty full. They made me pay 50 bucks to take him, poor little guy. I asked them to at least take his photo with a polaroid, and I made posters and put them up around my neighborhood. Of course their policy was that I could NOT call and check on him, only adopt him.... July 4 is pretty rough on dogs, I don't need to tell you that. In fact it often leads to the opposite of independence day for our fury babies.....
Owen's gonna be with ME tomorrow night.