PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing on the 4th of July?

anna_66
07-03-2003, 08:59 AM
Me, unfortunatly I have to work all day. But I'm hoping I can get off early enough to go watch the fireworks.

Fuzzy317
07-03-2003, 09:18 AM
I am spending the entire day with family and friends.

The motorcycle racing group I work with is having a practice day at Road Atlanta. I will be there to run the crash truck, then we are having a cookout that evening.
My mother, fiancee, and step-son will be there , along with 100-200 of my friends. :D

Airedalekisses
07-03-2003, 09:22 AM
big symphony thing called symphony on the prairie-1812 overture , fireworks and a champagne picnic. Hope everyone's doggies at home aren't going to be too scared of the noise-maybe everyone will crawl under the bed.:D

RubyMutt
07-03-2003, 09:33 AM
I'll be spening most of the day just relaxing at home with Ruby :) My boyfriend has to work so I'll be meeting him for lunch. We might go down to Seattle in the evening to watch fireworks, but if my parents aren't going to be home (they're going out w/ some family members) then I'm going to stay home with Ruby. She hates fireworks and I don't want her to be home alone when all the fireworks are going off. :(

Vio&Juni
07-03-2003, 09:50 AM
I do not work tomorrow too. I work for an USAID project and we get the major US holidays too :D
I am invited to the US Embassy party! I'll have a typical American bbq, no fireworks though.

KYS
07-03-2003, 09:55 AM
I have the day off too. :)
Going to relax, and in the afternoon
my sister is having a family BBQ.

Cookiebaker
07-03-2003, 10:06 AM
Hopefully get out of bed. :rolleyes: I've been sick since Tuesday afternoon, and I just want to be feeling better!

We had had plans to go camping in upstate NY but that's now out of the question. :(

Logan
07-03-2003, 10:18 AM
We're going to the lake for the day with friends! And the best part is that Honey and Lilly get to go too!!! :D We'll probably shoot fireworks in the evening (they are legal here). *edit* I'll also have a good time babysitting my neighbor's two Corgis this weekend, my first official "petsitting" job!! :)

Please be safe, everyone!!!

Logan

**We don't shoot loud fireworks, just the pretty ones, and Honey and Lilly, thankfully, aren't frightened by them, and Murphy can't hear them anyway!!

lovemyshiba
07-03-2003, 10:28 AM
Well, I have to work tomorrow evening, for a few hours, but my parents and brother and sister are coming down, and hopefully we'll just eat and enjoy the day, and then all go to watch the fireworks. The show here is supposed to be among the top 10 in the nation--last year it was pretty bad though:o

Tina
07-03-2003, 10:31 AM
I'm not sure yet we got watch a parade or something tomorrow.
We may have a cookout on Saturday either here or my parents house. Then Sunday we go to a flea market and then I get to have some time to myself while Rob goes to a mud bog. And Kaitlynn will go and spend some of the day with her grandparents.

aly
07-03-2003, 10:57 AM
I have tomorrow off and guess where I'll be - at work without getting paid! (by choice of course) :) I'll volunteer at the shelter until evening then come home and stay with my animals so they don't get scared to death of the fireworks. I haven't been able to go watch fireworks in the past 2 years since I've had Lolly because she's so scared. Ah well, that's okay :)

Tonya
07-03-2003, 10:58 AM
MY little brother is getting married. It's an outdoor Renassaince (sp?) theme. I still can't find anything to wear! I've went to every thrift shop in the area. Now I am headed to Hot Topic which was my last resort$$. 4th of July is his and his fiance's four year anniversary.

babolaypo65
07-03-2003, 11:04 AM
a wedding, what a nice idea!

I'm going to the big pancake breakfast downtown, and then to a friends for a bbq. their house overlooks the field where the city fireworks are.

Kfamr
07-03-2003, 11:11 AM
Probably dinner here, with some family/friends then to watch fireworks out at the beach. nothing fun. nothing exciting. nothing like being in Michigan with ALL of my family. it sucks.

NoahsMommy
07-03-2003, 11:27 AM
We're going to Disneyland! :) Yay!!

dogzzz
07-03-2003, 02:05 PM
Working as I do on all the holidays. And glad to have a job.

Cataholic
07-03-2003, 02:19 PM
Binx and I will be reclining, poolside, at Lilycat's house. She is shopping for us right now!!! Binx has the cutes little speedo imaginable.

Freckles
07-03-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Binx has the cutest little speedo imaginable.

Really need a picture of that!:)

Cookiebaker
07-03-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
Really need a picture of that!:)

That's EXACTLY what I was just thinking!! We'll be waiting, Cataholic!! :D

Cinder & Smoke
07-03-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
... Binx has the cutest little speedo imaginable.

Hmmmmm...

BINX and "Little" used in the same sentence????

Seems like a conflict in terms. :rolleyes:

:D

Randi
07-03-2003, 02:57 PM
Yuck! I'm going to a meeting tomorrow morning - send me some good vibes - please!!

tomkatzid
07-03-2003, 03:34 PM
We will be in the 4th parade with Ashlee and Nina during the day. At night, home with the TV up loud so Nina can't hear the fire crackers and the blinds closed so she won't see the fire works.
Tom gets the day off, I had to request it off.

Airedalekisses
07-03-2003, 04:50 PM
ah, I see Binx took my fashion advice an opted for the Speedo!! David Ducovny from the x files should look so sexy!! right Binx!

Rachel
07-03-2003, 06:02 PM
I have the day off but my husband has to work so I guess I will be left to face all the stuff that I claim I never have time to do...YUK.

I saw something cute in our local paper that some people in one of the neighborhoods in our town have started...They call it The Children's Yankee Doodle Pet Parade. It begins at noon on a corner and will wind around a city block. They have two soldiers who were activated overseas during the war on Iraq acting as Grand Marshals for the parade. There are 100 people and 50 pets expected to walk in the parade. A party will be held in one of the front yards afterwards. Sounds like some good old fashion 4th of July fun. Wish I could see it.

Tonya
07-03-2003, 07:09 PM
NoahsMommy, you've got to eat at that Pirate's of the Carribean restraunt! There's this sandwich called the Monte Cristo (sp?), it's grubbin'! The prices are reasonable too. We just went there two weeks ago. HAPPY 4TH, EVERYONE!

I Love Brian, Forever <3
07-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Going with my boyfriend to some place in Missouri, canoeing and whatnot... watching fireworks in a boat, on a lake, how romantic. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :D :D :D

Felicia's Mom
07-03-2003, 11:14 PM
I have no plans. I will probably stay in my apartment and try to keep cool. I don't have AC and the buses don't run.

In the evening there is a fireworks show from downtown. I can see it pretty good from my bedroom window.

wolf_Q
07-03-2003, 11:35 PM
Working. :( My family is all going to the parade/booths and having this big picnic in the park. This sucks. :(

07-04-2003, 06:09 AM
We were supposed to leave for the USA today.....:( :( :(

LoudLou
07-04-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Logan
...... *edit* I'll also have a good time babysitting my neighbor's two Corgis this weekend, my first official "petsitting" job!! :)

OOOH.... Corgi's!!! Pictures?!?!?! :D

LOUD Louie gets to go to Grandma's as Mommy & Daddy will be working out of town today doing sound for a small festival....

Cinder & Smoke
07-05-2003, 03:06 AM
Well...

We were goin *swimmin* -
till the weathur radio started *beepin* :mad:!
Da robot voice started yappin bout da Big Storm a-commim...

Dad sed we otta *wait* a minnit or two.
NUTZ! :(

That wuz kinda *dumm*!
Kuz aftur da Big Storm kame; Dad wuzint inna "mood" ta take
us swimmin ennie more! :mad:

Rain an thundur-boomerz all afternoon.
Then he ses "OK - Let'z GO! Tyme fur da Fiur-Werkz!"

Fiur-Werkz?? :eek: Duz WE hafta go??
Guess we had ta go; kuz we went! :p

Wuzint so bad, really.
Drove fur a lil while; then *parked* inna skewl lot wiffa hole buncha udder folkz. Jest *sat* inna kar. We gotz bored an went ta sleep onna back seet. Big *BOOM* gotz our attenshun an we woke up to a lotta *Sparklerz* an *Shootin Starz* inna sky out frunt...

We *watched* fur a few minnitz - they wuz kinda purdy -
but ya see wun; ya sorta seen em all... We went back ta sleep.

Da big Grande Finale got a lil *noizey* - but we jest lay onna
back seet (peerin UP tween da seetz) an put on our "dinner plate eyez".
We dint do any *whinin* or *nerbuz shakin* - no big deal ta us.
More phunn sittin in allua *traffik* aftur da Show an *watchin* allua peepul!

Hope there'z sum Sun-Shine either tumorrow or Sunday -
Dad sez we go *swimmin* fur SHURE az soon az it getz "nice" out!

Hope y'all had a *NICE* Fourth of July!

:D

Cincy'sMom
07-05-2003, 06:22 AM
Yesterday, we got up late, did a little work around then house, and then my parents and all their pups (except Oreo, who doesn't like long car trips) came up for dinner The dogs played some, but mostly just layed around. We set up the wading pool, and Sadie had a blast in it, but no one would join her :)

After they left, we watched the Boston Pops Fireworks on TV and the few locally we could see from our living room ( I think they were neighbors with "illegals"!) The dogs did so great, and Cincy, who was scared to death last year, actually sat at the window and watched!!!

Tonight we are getting together with my husband's family. The dogs should have 3 doggy cousins to play with as well as some human children too! If the weather cooperates wthey may even get to swim in grandma's pool!

anna_66
07-05-2003, 08:15 AM
Of course I was lucky enough to get off work early, so I did a few things in the house and was waiting for our friends to come over (we were going to go to the fireworks), and all of a sudden it got really, really dark and we had a terrible storm:( I thought (or should I say "hoped") it would quit raining in time for the fireworks...no such luck. It rained all night and is still raining right now:rolleyes:
Oh well, I can be thankful I live in a free country where I have the right to do whatever I want, whenever I want....that's what the 4th of July is all about anyway!
Hope the rest of you had a great day:D

Cincy'sMom
07-05-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
I thought (or should I say "hoped") it would quit raining in time for the fireworks...no such luck. It rained all night and is still raining right now:rolleyes:

Was Huney doing her rain dance?

joycenalex
07-05-2003, 09:17 AM
....After they left, we watched the Boston Pops Fireworks on TV...
i really liked watching them play. during "Sing, Sing,Sing" the drummer looked like he was having a good time :)

anna_66
07-05-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
LOL Amy! She must have been:p

Cinder & Smoke
07-06-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom

Huney! Quit dat Rain Danze stuff!

Saterday wuz purdy nice - we went Swimmin inna afturnoon! :D
Had a lott phunn Dock Divin an swimmin around "our side" of da boat launchin dock! Wun Lady parked her boat on "our side" while Hubby ran up ta get the kar an trailer. She asked Dad "where" we got so wet? He sed we swim offa dock when der'z no boatz sittin. She sed "OMG! I'll move outta da way!" Dad sed it wuz OK - we kuld wait a minnit or two; but she wuz already backin off an *wavin* at us ta jump in... So we *jumped* - an almost pulled Dad in! :eek: (He wuzint *watchin* da rope so gud.) She almost fell outta da boat *laffin* so hard! Hubby hadda holler at her ta "pay attenshun" while she wuz drivin onna trailer - she kept watchin us. Then Cinnerz jumped inta her boat! She sed she'd take us fur a boaty ride next tyme!

Tooday wuzint so much phunn...
Durn wethur radio started *beepin* jest as we wuz leavin fur da BigLake.
Dad sed we wuz goin enniehow - kuz da "Sky lookz OK".
Didnt look so "OK" when we gotz der! :( Black sky an rainin Klawz & Pawz!
We sat inna parkin lot an watched da boaterz tryin to "haul out" inna
wind & rain! Now that we're inna Shop playin puter; sunball kame back out!
NUTZ! :mad:

But we had a purdy NICE Weekend!
Hope you all had a NICE Fourth!

Cincy'sMom
07-06-2003, 07:02 PM
Glad you got your swimming in Cinder and Smoke!! Our pups got to do some swimming too at Grandma's yesterday. They have an above groud pool, with no doggy ramp, or even a very good place to jump in off of, so we had to lift the girls in and out, but they loved it just the same! Spot took one turn and that was enough for him :)

I think Huney's dancing for rain this weekend, for no fireworks, and more importantly to get it all out the way before NEXT weekend!!!